Metal Storm logo
Nachtmystium - Earache Records Acquires Band's Catalogue

The last time we've heard of black metallers Nachtmystium, mastermind Blake Judd was ripping-off fans and the band were dropped by Century Media in 2014 in the aftermath of unfulfilled album orders taken directly by the frontman, who was suffering from drug addiction. Long-standing British independent record label Earache Records has acquired the majority of back-catalogue titles from the band now. Earache's new deal with Nachtmystium includes the rights to five of the band's studio albums, four EPs, a demos collection, and a remixes and rarities album which was previously only released on YouTube.

Nachtmystium frontman and founding member Blake Judd comments: "I am proud to announce a new cooperation in the lengthy release history of Nachtmystium. I have teamed up with the folks at the legendary, UK-based metal label, Earache Records, to reissue the majority of Nachtmystium's back catalog recordings. Earache will also be releasing a brand new compilation LP of unreleased studio tracks, covers and remixes, titled Retox. Some of the back catalog titles will also feature brand new artwork, never-before-seen photographs, and all albums will feature extensive liner notes I have written specifically for each release. These specific reissues will stand as the final versions of these recordings to be released, so I have worked closely with each artist featured on these releases and am currently working closely with Earache's production department to ensure that these reissues will honor each record appropriately and that we have created something special for the fans who choose to purchase these new (and final) versions of these albums and EPs."

Regarding the musician's previous and widely-publicised personal issues, Judd adds: "Many people on the internet, understandably due to some issues that occurred in the past that I am very ashamed of, will be quick to jump on me personally and most likely Earache as well for announcing new releases without having directly addressed and taken action regarding the past issues mentioned above. Of course, what is being referred to here, is the issue of unfulfilled orders. When these releases have been actually scheduled and given proper release dates, another press release will go out and within this will be an e-mail address created specifically for this project and detailed instructions on how to receive records/CDs from me directly if you, at any point in time, ordered a record, t-shirt, etc. and did not receive the item(s). More information concerning this will be in the press release announcing the official release dates for these recordings. Thank you all for your patience and I do hope to make things right with everyone I can who fell victim to my addiction issues by not receiving orders for music or merchandise. I intend on giving away every single record and CD I receive of these reissues if that's what it takes to make things right with the fans whom I wronged and did not fulfill orders for."

The full list of Nachtmystium titles acquired by Earache is as follows:

• Reign Of The Malicious
  • Nachtmystium (EP)
  • The First Attacks - Demos 2000-2001
  • Demise
  • Eulogy IV (EP)
  • Instinct: Decay
  • Worldfall (EP)
  • Assassins: Black Meddle, Pt. I
  • Doomsday Derelicts (EP)
  • Addicts: Black Meddle, Pt. II
  • Retox: Remixes And Rarities

Source: earachenews.blogspot.pt
    Band profile: Nachtmystium
  • Posted: 02.11.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 10   Visited by: 85 users
    02.11.2016 - 15:30
    roeder

Yeah Blake, sure, we trust you totally this time.
    02.11.2016 - 16:00
    Marcel Hubregtse
    Grumpy Old Fuck
    Rip off artist teaming up with rip off label (ripping off the artists on their label). A match made in heaven
    ----
    Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
    Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
    05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.11.2016 - 16:02
    Karlabos
    Meat and Potatos
    Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.11.2016 at 16:00

Rip off artist teaming up with rip off label (ripping off the artists on their label). A match made in heaven

What? Did Earache Records actually rip people off? What was the story?
    ----
    "Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
    - Reimu Hakurei
    02.11.2016 - 16:03
    Marcel Hubregtse
    Grumpy Old Fuck
    Written by Karlabos on 02.11.2016 at 16:02

They ripped off quite a few bands that were on the label back in the day by making them sign totally shitty contracts and such.
    ----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
    05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.11.2016 - 16:05
    Marcel Hubregtse
    Grumpy Old Fuck
    Digby Pearson is one of the biggest assholes in the metal record industry. Probably worse than Sharon Osbourne.
    ----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
    05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.11.2016 - 18:16
    ManiacBlasphemer
    Black Knight
    After all this shit Blake, I'm wondering how many morons are willing to risk being ripped-off again if they place their orders through you. Once you got your reputation tainted, it is hard to recover, even if you do mean it. Internet will never forget and people will never forgive. But... then again he always had a legion of mindless devoted fans, fans that even when they are scammed they still latch on to their idols, even if they are assholes.
    02.11.2016 - 18:41
    HaaskAksaaH

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.11.2016 at 16:03

Written by Karlabos on 02.11.2016 at 16:02

They ripped off quite a few bands that were on the label back in the day by making them sign totally shitty contracts and such.

emm.. any evidence for your claim?
    02.11.2016 - 20:01
    Vombatus
    Potorro
    Written by HaaskAksaaH on 02.11.2016 at 18:41

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.11.2016 at 16:03

emm.. any evidence for your claim?

It's a well known issue. Napalm Death, Carcass, Bolt Thrower, Sleep, etc... all spoke against the label at some point. Just google. And they keep on doing so it seems:

http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=29548

Though I disagree with Marcel. Judd is used to ripoff people, not labels ripping off him... That can't end well
    02.11.2016 - 20:09
    Karlabos
    Meat and Potatos
    ^Wow... And a pretty well-known label too... I hope bands start boycotting them.

There's definitely gonna be an issue with this contract in the future. I guarantee it.
    ----
    "Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
    - Reimu Hakurei
    03.11.2016 - 12:13
    BloodTears
    ANA-thema
    Written by Karlabos on 02.11.2016 at 20:09

^Wow... And a pretty well-known label too... I hope bands start boycotting them.

There's definitely gonna be an issue with this contract in the future. I guarantee it.

How do you know? lol It will be hard for Judd to recover from his tarnished reputation though. Probably it'll never happen.
    ----
    Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram

Hits total: 2376 | This month: 9