Metal Storm logo
Wintersun

23.05.2006 - 17:00
Elfeder

I was shocked when I noticed that no one created a topic on Wintersun it is so strange because this band is one of the best I know...they have just released one album but this album is fucking masterpiece,
I like their songs "Death and the Healing" and "Beautiful Death" they are great songs and this band is Idol for me.
23.05.2006 - 17:26
Vrana

Yes, this band really great... great lyrics, great melody and great vocals. I really like Beyond the dark sun and Death and the healing,. but the best song is Sadness and hate.
And I can't wait to see them alive. They have made something important in music, and with only one release...
they are just....great!
23.05.2006 - 17:27
Draklar
Account deleted
The new forums aren't up long enough to have all the great bands' threads :p
Anyway, the only song from them I listen to is "Death And The Healing". That's a great one, others are so-so.
23.05.2006 - 18:08
RavenClaw
Account deleted
it's a great band, I loved their first album and I hope the next one will sound at least like the first one
23.05.2006 - 19:39
__Az__

Yeh, they are a brilliant band.. I love the style.... Brilliant guitar work... (Dragonforce -esque) However, vocals are much more to my preference... Excellant...
24.05.2006 - 11:18
Hyvaarin

I love them. Jari's pretty much my favourite guitarist at the moment- the solos (the second in particular) of 'Battle Against Time' are perfect.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
24.05.2006 - 12:18
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
It really is an almost perfect album, i fell in love when i first heard it, very catchy material, and moreso, original.
24.05.2006 - 13:30
Stigmatized
Gotta love Wintersun. So bad-ass. I really don't know who I like better between Wintersun and Ensiferum because they are both insanely good bands.
24.05.2006 - 17:51
LYnX

they are great! Beyond The Dark Sun is a fuckin' masterpiece!!
can't wait to see them live in Slovenia
----
24.05.2006 - 21:29
The Walrus
Moonsorrow
They are good band , "beyond the dark sun" was the song that got me into this band but so pity it's too short song ,
but what do you think people about their gener ? is it folk metal or extreme power ?
----
24.05.2006 - 22:33
Revenant
Account deleted
It's mellodeath with power and folk influences. Love them alot, so much better than every other mellodeath band I've heard.
25.05.2006 - 00:04
Icarus
!PROSLACKER!
indeed they are awesome, man too bad they will never come to my country but well then again who knows :S hahha what about the new album anyone knows anything about it? same lineup? any clips?? somethinG???
----
-At live's eve our flames will cease-
25.05.2006 - 18:18
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Yeah man
Wintersun is great,
http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=138
They certainly deserve to be in the poll for Powermetal's finest ...
26.05.2006 - 10:52
Elfeder

ppl do u know when they r going to reelease new album I just can't wait...
26.05.2006 - 17:15
The Walrus
Moonsorrow
@ac still no official date ,but they relesed their tracks names , i am waiting to it just like you
----
27.05.2006 - 21:48
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Yes, good band, but tend to get boring after a while. But, I can't deny I loved (and still like) their debut.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
28.05.2006 - 06:17
Surtur

Wintesun is great band, the riffs are spectacular, but I think that in some moments the melodic tunes are to much, maybe less choirs and more harsh rythm should be better...
----
" And every angel needs a tear to laugh "
29.05.2006 - 06:46
MetalSpider

One of my favourite bands! (like I mentioned in the old thread) Cant wait for their new album.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
30.05.2006 - 21:59
SirHooke

Been my favourite band for a very long time, and I still listen to the first album regularly. It's a damn masterpiece ! And I heard they finally went into studio again, so I hope the new album will be out, not so long from now. Ant then
07.06.2006 - 14:28
Warman
Erotic Stains
My favorite band and album right now. A perfect mix between Ensiferum and Norther I think.
----
07.06.2006 - 23:58
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Written by Surtur on 28.05.2006 at 06:17

Wintesun is great band, the riffs are spectacular, but I think that in some moments the melodic tunes are to much, maybe less choirs and more harsh rythm should be better...

Myea, that's exactly what DragonForce is doing waaaay too much too ..
08.06.2006 - 01:11
Cthulu Corpse
Account deleted
Just bought this CD (got the promo cd btw;) ! Really good album with great songs and melodies. Its Cool that Jari recorded everything but the drums himself.
13.06.2006 - 23:02
VelvetHappiness
Account deleted
I have a question for all you Wintersun fans...

I have song in my little collection that a friend said was by Wintersun but I can't find it listed as theirs anywhere and while it kind of sounds like their style, the vocalist is female and it seems a lot more.. low-key. I love it to death but I can't find any mention of the song... or anything with similar lyrics. Just wondering if any of you could help.

Supposedly... it's called Just in my Dreams and is by Wintersun...the refrain goes something like... "in every summer there's a winter, in every -somethin- sky there is a cloud, after every day there is a night and every sea has a shore" and starts with some almost military-like drum rolls and has some light kinda electronic-ey piano-ey stuff thrown in. The vocalist has a fairly thick accent so it's a little hard to understand her. I guess just, if it sounds familiar or anything, I'd love to know what it's really called or who it's really by!
13.06.2006 - 23:10
SirHooke

Well, that song certainly ain't on the album called 'Wintersun'
Perhaps its new stuff, but I don't know.
What I do when I receive a song and I don't know the band, I type some words (like the refrain) in google between " " . Then a lyrics-site tells me who it is :-P perhaps you will find out that way ;-)
14.06.2006 - 03:08
VelvetHappiness
Account deleted
That's what I meant about not being able to find it listed anywhere... no lyrics sites had anything like that, or I couldn't find one. Thanks though for the suggestion.
14.06.2006 - 07:56
Kedrona
Account deleted
Awsome band! The new artwrok will come out and i can't wait. Their last album "wintersun" is published in 2004, it's time to create another masterpiece. Jari is a talent musician.
14.06.2006 - 11:36
Warman
Erotic Stains
Jari Mäenpää is one of the most talented musicians out there. It is amazing that he wrote all those songs and played all the instruments (except drums) on the album.
----
14.06.2006 - 12:14
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Hehe, I'm listening to Wintersun as we speak (or type)
Sadness and Hate is a masterpiece of art and so are the rest of their songs!
there's a kickass video on youtube too
14.06.2006 - 15:18
Hyvaarin

Written by SirHooke on 13.06.2006 at 23:10

Well, that song certainly ain't on the album called 'Wintersun'
Perhaps its new stuff, but I don't know.
What I do when I receive a song and I don't know the band, I type some words (like the refrain) in google between " " . Then a lyrics-site tells me who it is :-P perhaps you will find out that way ;-)

Considering they've just barely entered the studio, I'd be guessing it isn't new stuff. Most likely a different band...especially as the singer was called "her" .
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
14.06.2006 - 17:10
Icarus
!PROSLACKER!
Written by Guest on 13.06.2006 at 23:02

I have a question for all you Wintersun fans...

I have song in my little collection that a friend said was by Wintersun but I can't find it listed as theirs anywhere and while it kind of sounds like their style, the vocalist is female and it seems a lot more.. low-key. I love it to death but I can't find any mention of the song... or anything with similar lyrics. Just wondering if any of you could help.

Supposedly... it's called Just in my Dreams and is by Wintersun...the refrain goes something like... "in every summer there's a winter, in every -somethin- sky there is a cloud, after every day there is a night and every sea has a shore" and starts with some almost military-like drum rolls and has some light kinda electronic-ey piano-ey stuff thrown in. The vocalist has a fairly thick accent so it's a little hard to understand her. I guess just, if it sounds familiar or anything, I'd love to know what it's really called or who it's really by!

i actually have that song if you want it just pm me but im sure that cant be wintersun correct me iof im wrong
----
-At live's eve our flames will cease-