Style: Atmospheric black metal

Owners:

17 have it
6 want it

01. I Communion
02. II Contemplation
03. III Conflict
04. IV Closure

It's hard to find massive albums that really engulf you from the start and grab you until the very last note. But Névoa's Re Un is one of those albums. This stellar work from the Portuguese duo owes a lot to their name, Névoa (or "mist" in English). The immersive riffs just hoover around like a dim fog of hopelessness. The atmosphere is everything on this release and so is the unexpected. The music is anything but predicable with sludge, post, black and doom all mixed up into one big cauldron of hypnotic and hallucinatory musings. It's desolate, contemplative and slow. You might look for a beacon of light in Re Un's darkness but you will never find one, only mist.

BloodTears's picks | More picks ››
Thumbs up: Susan, Paz
Bandcamp music player

Found in 7 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 8   Visited by: 105 users
05.11.2016 - 13:27
Rating: 8
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Great stuff. Definitely a form of hybrid-black metal. Very hard to genre tag. Production is filthy...heavy-as-fuck.
----
rekt
06.11.2016 - 14:04
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by tea[m]ster on 05.11.2016 at 13:27

Great stuff. Definitely a form of hybrid-black metal. Very hard to genre tag. Production is filthy...heavy-as-fuck.

I totally agree with you. I'm glad you discovered this and like it! They are still very unknown but I quite enjoy their music.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
21.02.2017 - 16:40
InnerSelf
proofread free
Holy shit this album. More Aluk Todolo esque stuff are always welcomed.
Basically the same formula of building up on a single simple riff to a massive climax which never fails to get me when it's done right.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
22.02.2017 - 20:47
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by InnerSelf on 21.02.2017 at 16:40

Holy shit this album. More Aluk Todolo esque stuff are always welcomed.
Basically the same formula of building up on a single simple riff to a massive climax which never fails to get me when it's done right.

I voted for this in the BM cat. Dam fine album.
----
rekt
06.05.2017 - 01:00
Rating: 9
Maaaan this is amazing album.. love all the different influences and nuances of themes. it's a bit short and thats pretty much only thing wrong with it
07.05.2017 - 15:50
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
I must spin this again asap...
----
rekt
26.11.2020 - 14:57
musclassia

Gave this a revisit for the first time in probably several years in anticipation of the new album tomorrow, it's a really fine album - there's post-metal in there, black, vicious sludge, doom, Oranssi Pazuzu-esque psychedelic bits in track 2, and it all works really nicely together. Hope the new album is similarly great.
28.11.2020 - 17:35
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by musclassia on 26.11.2020 at 14:57

Gave this a revisit for the first time in probably several years in anticipation of the new album tomorrow, it's a really fine album - there's post-metal in there, black, vicious sludge, doom, Oranssi Pazuzu-esque psychedelic bits in track 2, and it all works really nicely together. Hope the new album is similarly great.

I guess you did listen to it
----
rekt

Hits total: 6443 | This month: 6