03. What We See When We Shut Our Eyes
04. Triumph Over Tragedy
05. Tales Of Sirens
06. Encryption
07. R.J. Mac Ready
08. Forgotten Amongst Screams
09. Vengeance In Departure
10. A Road For The Worthy

I remember reviewing this band's "In The Midst Of The Bloodied Soil" for Earache Records somewhere in January of 2006, the memories are a little vague but I think I can recall a band being as Metalcore as anyone can get, I also recall a band with a promising offer and a very intense atmosphere...Damn it they improved big time!!

This album comes wrapped in highly complex music; their music became guitar-driven and multi-faceted, it's still Metalcore (I guess), but the band redefined themselves and created a very different concept. With Passion is now lined towards the Behold...The Arctopus and Dysrhythmia barriers, they still have a vocalist though.

The structures enter with an ascending esthetic all the time; the songwriting became bludgeoned in a very Sleep Terror form, it all comes in a very transitive sensation compounding nasty vocalizations, a Metalcore scheme, complex songwriting and a lot of spasmodic guitars; it's an album developed in many styles with an specific concept, one of a kind in fewer words. In the end this becomes a very surprising album to say the least, the music is so versatile and so intricate that manages to keep you interested to the very end, that's cool believe me.

I've already established the goodies of this album (songwriting, complexity and structures), now to the bleeding segment. As good as this album might be in terms of schematics, it fails to deliver memorable tracks; the songwriting is so versatile and so complex that sadly lost the "catchy" elements within the process, it's a maniac manifestation of intense and speedy execution without the "groove"...that's a big turn-off for any album because it lowers its own "replay" values unquestioningly.

Still this album it's quite interesting; the band followers will be pleased and very surprised for sure, the ones lurking around for a diverse Metalcore album should definitely try "What We See When We Shut Our Eyes". A very intense and bursting album from a metal style that's dying already, this is one of the few records that's still worthwhile checking within the genre if you know what I mean.

Best Tracks: "R.J. Mac Ready", "Pale Horses Ride"

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 7
Production: 9

Written by Herzebeth | 27.02.2007

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 14 users
10.04.2007 - 01:08
Mariusz
Account deleted
what a technical shit, nothing good in this 'music', the worst guitars ever know.

Hits total: 3738 | This month: 13