Metal Storm logo
Ex Deo - New Album Cover, Teaser Unveiled

Ex Deo are about to unleash The Immortal Wars upon the world. The Canadian death metallers return following a short hiatus and present their new album. Today, you can take a look at the album cover art below as well as a teaser of the opus, which is set to be released on February 24th 2017 via Napalm Records. The teaser features new music.

Artwork by Eliran Kantor

Tracks:

01. The Rise Of Hannibal
02. Hispania (The Siege Of Saguntum)
03. Crossing Of The Alps
04. Suavetaurilia (Intermezzo)
05. Cato Major: Carthago Delenda Est!
06. Ad Victoriam (The Battle Of Zama)
07. The Spoils Of War
08. The Roman

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ex Deo
Posted: 12.11.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 73 users
12.11.2016 - 12:57
garmling
Account deleted
Few years ago, I was at their gig at the Exit festival with my friend...
These guys came on stage followed by a magnificent Tyler Bates song "Returns a king" for 300 OST. Vocalist was wearing that Legionnaire armor and it was all set for a good show...
But then my friend asked me: "What level do you think his armor is? I think 14..."
That was the end of "serious" show And this sentence is always on my mind when I see anything about these guys...they are not bad, but not too good either...but who knows, maybe they will make something really great this time, they have the potential....
12.11.2016 - 15:56
WorpeX
Made of Metal
I never understood the backlash these guys got. They have an original concept, epic songwriting and catchy lyrics. I fucking love it! I'm excited for the new album
12.11.2016 - 20:45
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
The backlash is because they fucking suck at songwriting. I love the concept/themes but the instrumentation is just plain shit, and this comes from a guy who harbors many a quirky metal mashup guilty pleasures.

However... I did just read on Carach Angren's FB page that Ardek(from Carach Angren) did all the orchestration for this album, so now I'm actually interested again... We'll have to see.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
13.11.2016 - 01:03
Absak

Written by WorpeX on 12.11.2016 at 15:56

I never understood the backlash these guys got. They have an original concept, epic songwriting and catchy lyrics. I fucking love it! I'm excited for the new album

If you like the concept, you should listen to Ade instead if you haven't already.
13.11.2016 - 01:56
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Written by Absak on 13.11.2016 at 01:03

Written by WorpeX on 12.11.2016 at 15:56

If you like the concept, you should listen to Ade instead if you haven't already.

Haven't, i'll check them out!
13.11.2016 - 07:15
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Good artwork but yeah the music I've heard from them is only pretentious and crap.
17.11.2016 - 19:04
Jack---

Oh yes! really loved Caligvla, especially Pollice Verso (Damnatio Ad Bestia), what a great song!
I have high hopes for this one!
----
Everything was perfect. Then came the 90's..

Hits total: 1905 | This month: 10