10. War Pony - I Wanna Love Death Forever
11. Bound In Human Flesh - Again I Kill
12. Legions Of Chaos - One Thousand Kills
13. Laid To Waste - The Severed
14. In Purgatory - Eater Of Nightmares
15. Huge - Pity Parade
16. Strong Hollow - Bullshit
17. Rusted Dawn - Waking Streets

I'm not too fond of compilations to tell you the truth; someone inducing you to hear approximately 20 bands with closely the same sound is always tiresome in many levels. Then there's the actual turn-off; it's hard enough for listeners to buy a "legal" full-length, and internet is offering an "easy way out" for this matter as we all know, now imagine how hard it will be for people to actually go out and buy a sampler?pretty damn hard to be precise.

Fortunately for Diminished Fifth Records they added 17 of the most unknown bands in the whole world, I said fortunately yes, because their underground level is so high that nobody will ever find those bands in "torrents", "P2P's" or any other place where people download their music from. In the end, this sampler per-se, it's actually a great showcase for the bands as people will get to (at least) know their names.

But what will people think? Well, the whole compilation is lined towards Metalcore, so the guys with cute haircuts and God Forbid T-Shirts will surely see this compilation as an underground heaven, the bands might not play virtuously and they might not be the most original acts in the scene?but they attack your ears with solid Metalcore and oh yeah, they're more underground than a kult Black Metal band.

In the end the entire set of bands doesn't offer anything totally crushing or new; this compilation will only be a cool title in your Metalcore packed shelves, nothing really groundbreaking here just a lot of unknown names that will mess with your friend's hairstyle ala Converge.

Written by Herzebeth | 08.04.2007

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 5 users
10.04.2007 - 02:50
Syk
myspace/bonerama
You bring some good points but there's a lot you've left uncovered here... what's the production like? Standout tracks? Where are all these bands from? Do they go through all the different types of metalcore?
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays

Hits total: 3017 | This month: 5