New Album Recommendations 2017

Original post

Posted by 3rdWorld, 29.11.2016 - 06:23
You know the drill, recommend me good metal stuff from 2017. Remember this is not a playlist or promotion place, it should be stuff you have HEARD ATLEAST ONCE which means it is not just stuff YOU think is good but something that OTHERS should find good and enjoy as well.

Death metal from Portugal. Sounds more closely to Disma than anything else to my ears. Quite melodic and groovy. It's hard to judge anything from a single but yeah this seems like something that is worth keeping an eye on.

The Ominous Circle - Appalling Ascension

20.02.2017 - 19:27
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 13.01.2017 at 19:54

And more filthy borderline-drone doom super sludge. Crazy low tuned guitars and nasty death-filled vocals. Niiiice.

It seems JOOE has found the best stuff already Maybe I should listen to all the stuff in this thread instead of searching for stuff myself. However, nice sounding this is - sounds a bit like Horse Latitudes.
20.02.2017 - 21:06
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct
Written by LuciferOfGayness on 20.02.2017 at 19:27

It seems JOOE has found the best stuff already Maybe I should listen to all the stuff in this thread instead of searching for stuff myself. However, nice sounding this is - sounds a bit like Horse Latitudes.

cheers. I need to get back on the wagon. I haven't listened to anything new for over 2 weeks now.
21.02.2017 - 12:21
mz
Yet another female fronted stuff with elements of drone/ art pop/ noise etc. Not too far from Chelsea Wolfe tbh. From UK
Esben and the Witch-Older Terrors

----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
21.02.2017 - 16:20
mz
Well that was a 2016 record anyway.
----
21.02.2017 - 21:13
mz
Ulceratian metal, done by dudes in Dodecahedron and ex-bass player of Tectures. Sounds nice
----
22.02.2017 - 21:56
mz
I guess no one has posted this already:
another hard-to-describe album from avanrgarde music. Can as well be called dark metal
Also it is a side project of Wolvserpent guy.

Aelter- IV Love Eternal

----
22.02.2017 - 23:47
Written by mz on 22.02.2017 at 21:56

I guess no one has posted this already:
another hard-to-describe album from avanrgarde music. Can as well be called dark metal
Also it is a side project of Wolvserpent guy.

Aelter- IV Love Eternal

Yes, new stuff from the Wolvserpent member. The earlier Aelter was lots of goth but not so much metal. Looking forward to listen to this tomorrow. Great find