Metal Storm logo
Sabaton - Joakim Brodén In Czech Singing Contest

Frontman of Swedish heavy metallers Sabaton, Joakim Brodén, was voted fifth in the Czech national singing competition "Český slavík" (Czech nightingale) on November 26th! This came as a huge surprise to the Czech domestic music scene, and it became a source of satisfaction for Czech metalheads as Sabaton is hugely popular in the Czech Republic. Brodén got 9826 points, trailing by roughly 2,000 to a fourth place. Joakim made a video to thank his Czech fans. You can watch it here. Maybe more people will check out their new album The Last Stand.

Brodén, whose mother is natural born Czech and later emigrated to Sweden during communist era, has two passports both Swedish and Czech. His popularity stems not only from being a frontman of a very successful metal act, but also, from his cool and friendly onstage behavior. Therefore, he was able to qualify into the Top 6 final in the singer's category, pushing aside big names of the Czech music scene.

Brodén's fifth place is sort of a miracle of its own, pointing to metal becoming part of mainstream culture and loyalty and dedication of metalheads.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Sabaton
Posted: 06.12.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 64 users
06.12.2016 - 20:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Des its me or sound don't works here
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.12.2016 - 13:24
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Bad English on 06.12.2016 at 20:38

Des its me or sound don't works here

Works just fine here
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"