Metal Storm logo
2016 - Dub Be Good For Me

Garbage dump for my sake of keeping track what I've liked this year. thought I's do this since it would be a decent idea to make as my hardrive last year thought that life wasn't worth living anymore, including my collective musical memory on there. ¬_¬ Better to evolve then die off I say. ^_^

Created by: Alakazam | 09.11.2016

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by Alakazam ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 13   Visited by: 73 users
08.12.2016 - 01:23
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
=V Great list, nothing here I dislike. Still need to listen to that Furia one though.
08.12.2016 - 01:46
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Written by Guest on 08.12.2016 at 01:23

=V Great list, nothing here I dislike. Still need to listen to that Furia one though.
Thank you really. ^_^ No really. I did mean to write a gigantic dick sucking type of thank you message about me getting through your ex 2016 and 15 list since at the start of the year as I would go walkies across where I live to go sort my life out. Some of those ventures included going through entire Bandcamps of certain artists (Nadja at least took a good half of the year, Aluk Todolo, Chaos Echoes and currently now, Crowhurst). Making me enthusiastic instantly and interested about seeing the former two live months and months prior to playing here. This list is here because my memory isn't really memorable and I want to make it stronger and expansive. Of course, knowledge of music can only ever can expand but to keep track of it together is a further respect for commitment as I said before on the shoutbox. Your lists are the not the hero MS needs, but the hero MS deserves.
I've been going through all their stuff and that is one of the best along with Nocel. In fact there probably the most quality thing I've heard from Poland atm.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

08.12.2016 - 08:22
Paz
Nuclear Cowboy
The linking does not work with Wolvserpent. Other than that, it's a solid list
08.12.2016 - 10:21
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Written by Paz on 08.12.2016 at 08:22

The linking does not work with Wolvserpent. Other than that, it's a solid list

I cannot get it to work despite trying...
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

08.12.2016 - 10:55
Paz
Nuclear Cowboy
Written by Alakazam on 08.12.2016 at 10:21

I cannot get it to work despite trying...

Duh! Just copy/paste the album title It has no spaces.
08.12.2016 - 12:51
Mik
Account deleted
One of the best 2016 lists. Great job!
08.12.2016 - 16:31
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Alakazam on 08.12.2016 at 01:46

Thank you really. ^_^ No really. I did mean to write a gigantic dick sucking type of thank you message about me getting through your ex 2016 and 15 list since at the start of the year as I would go walkies across where I live to go sort my life out. Some of those ventures included going through entire Bandcamps of certain artists (Nadja at least took a good half of the year, Aluk Todolo, Chaos Echoes and currently now, Crowhurst). Making me enthusiastic instantly and interested about seeing the former two live months and months prior to playing here. This list is here because my memory isn't really memorable and I want to make it stronger and expansive. Of course, knowledge of music can only ever can expand but to keep track of it together is a further respect for commitment as I said before on the shoutbox. Your lists are the not the hero MS needs, but the hero MS deserves.
I've been going through all their stuff and that is one of the best along with Nocel. In fact there probably the most quality thing I've heard from Poland atm.

Ah I feel bad for not putting more effort into that list now. Tbh I didn't think anyone would be interested in it considering I don't think I updated it since April or so. I'll probably do another list for next year, but I'll likely try to limit what I put on there to the stuff I love which hopefully will mean less chance of me losing interest in keeping it updated. But yeah, Crowhurst have a lot of noise so am wondering how you're getting on with that discog exploration?
11.12.2016 - 00:01
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Guest on 08.12.2016 at 01:23

Still need to listen to that Furia one though.

Really great depressive bm album that one. Not fully depressive bm but has kinda uplifting and slighly melodic moments too. Nevertheless very haunting with great vocals. Different from the other bm albums but definitely a highlight for me this year.

EDIT: What I wanted to say was that you definitely need to listen to it ASAP.
11.12.2016 - 01:04
Paz
Nuclear Cowboy
For some reason Księżyc Milczy Luty is not a black metal record to me. With this one, they even further expanded their style... I would describe this current sound formula as a fascination of Aluk Todolo with harsh vocals. Am I crazy? Definitely not as intense/sumptuous as the music on Occult Rock or Voix though.
11.12.2016 - 06:45
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Its definitely nothing similar to Aluk Todolo because I didn't find any krautrock inspiration here so just standard slow black metal. The sound I thought it was like while listening to it was like a more depressive sounding Enslaved (similar to their sound on AEO and In Times). Yeah it might sound crazy again but I don't find any other similarities.
11.12.2016 - 12:02
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Pretty good taste, desu
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
13.02.2017 - 17:18
VIG
Account deleted
Great list.
30.07.2018 - 11:01