Metal Storm logo
Steven Wilson - Shares Studio Teaser

Steven Wilson is a busy man, and he's already working on his next studio album. The British prog mastermind has released a studio teaser of the new song "Pariah". It features a guest appearance from Israeli vocalist Ninet Tayeb, who already sang on Wilson's previous record, Hand. Cannot. Erase. and toured with the band in North America and Europe. What do you think about the song?

The short clip features Wilson and Ninet Tayeb recording vocals for the song from the new album in progress, written especially for them to record as a duet. Co-producer/engineer Paul Stacey is also in the clip, filmed by Lasse Hoile earlier this week.

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Steven Wilson
Posted: 06.01.2017 by robpal

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 128 users
06.01.2017 - 19:06
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Can I have it now? Eheh sounds promising to say the least.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
06.01.2017 - 19:08
robpal
Proglord
She sounds fantastic. Hoping he'll give her more "airtime" than on the previous album.
06.01.2017 - 19:14
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
OMG can't wait!
06.01.2017 - 20:27
InnerSelf
proofread free
The consistency of Steven's work in this project is really something else! He hasn't put out a single bad or even mediocre album.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
06.01.2017 - 20:29
Unhealer
Eclecticist
"I'm tired of Facebook", lol. That was a bit cringy.
I love this girl's voice, good thing she was called again.
06.01.2017 - 20:57
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Last album was better and more inspired I guess but I still expect that he should go back to PT.
06.01.2017 - 22:12
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by robpal on 06.01.2017 at 19:08

She sounds fantastic. Hoping he'll give her more "airtime" than on the previous album.

Yeah, when I had first heard there were going to be female vocals in the last album, I was really excited, but on release I was somewhat let down when her voice wasn't used as much as I had hoped. Steven's voice really works well when it's combined with a female vocalist's (Significant Other from Insurgentes is a great example), so I've wanted him to put more female vocals in his music for a long time. I'm hoping that there ends up being a lot of duets on this album.
----
07.01.2017 - 03:31
titmo71

Ever since he broke up Porcupine Tree, I refuse to acknowledge anything he does. He's Phil Collins 2.0 to me now.
(or maybe Bruce Springsteen 1.5, I don't know...)
07.01.2017 - 12:18
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by titmo71 on 07.01.2017 at 03:31

Ever since he broke up Porcupine Tree, I refuse to acknowledge anything he does. He's Phil Collins 2.0 to me now.

I was like that for a while (I was still mad about PT) and then I stopped being silly. His solo stuff as well as other projects are worth it
----

My Instagram
07.01.2017 - 17:26
JayMo4

I'll never figure out the "It's not PT so I don't want it" mentality some people have. Porcupine Tree WAS Steven Wilson. He wrote the songs, and - by the way - every PT album was its own animal. None of them sounded the same; he's continued to evolve regardless of what name he's writing under at the time.

If you enjoyed him as a musician and songwriter when he was performing with PT, I'm not sure why you wouldn't at the very least be open to giving his solo stuff a shot. Hey, In Absentia has been my favorite Wilson album since the day I heard it. But I've loved everything he's done since then, and think a lot of skeptics would come around if they'd get over their sadness about Porcupine Tree.
07.01.2017 - 22:01
Daniell
_爱情_

That's ridiculous.
07.01.2017 - 23:15
musclassia

Looking forward to this, didn't love HCE but I did like the EP from last year and I really like The Raven... The clip sounds great
10.01.2017 - 19:22
crucifiedjesus

Written by BloodTears on 07.01.2017 at 12:18

I thought they never really officially called it quits. Just an extended hiatus. I Could be wrong though.
10.01.2017 - 20:07
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by crucifiedjesus on 10.01.2017 at 19:22

I thought they never really officially called it quits. Just an extended hiatus. I Could be wrong though.

Officially they never broke up yes, but it's as good as dead now since Wilson's too focused on his solo stuff.
----

My Instagram
17.01.2017 - 20:54
phanto

Very bad lyrics. Music sounds like something I've heard many times before from SW.
18.01.2017 - 20:09
Metren
Dreadrealm
She's amazing. Not impressed by the music itself, however. Also, can't understand why people are still so obsessed with wanting PT to return, especially conisdering their final album wasn't all that great.

And to quote Steven from his FB live: "That band doesn't exist anymore".
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/

Hits total: 3118 | This month: 8