Metal Storm logo
Wolves In The Throne Room - Tour Guitarist Becomes Full Member

American black metal duo Wolves In The Throne Room just announced that long time live guitarist Kody Keyworth just became a full member of the family. He has been touring with the band since 2010. They also announced their ambient side project Drow Elixir.

The band explained: "2017 will be a magical year for Wolves In The Throne Room. Firstly, we welcome the inclusion of Kody Keyworth, our longtime touring guitar player, as a full member of our cult.

"We will debut our new dark ambient side project Drow Elixir at the Roadburn Festival on Thursday April 20th. Drow Elixir is woven illusions, ethereal projections and sonic manipulations created with archaic techniques."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Wolves In The Throne Room
Posted: 18.01.2017 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 48 users
18.01.2017 - 13:32
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Oh there's guitar on dark ambient? =]
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
18.01.2017 - 14:47
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Can't wait to hear that Drow Elixir, something more in the vein of Celestite perhaps? Could be quite different though since that album wasn't really that dark and there will be guitar included as well.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
18.01.2017 - 18:26
Zap
Written by Karlabos on 18.01.2017 at 13:32

Oh there's guitar on dark ambient? =]

You can create entire ambient albums with just a guitar and effects
18.01.2017 - 19:24
Desha
delicious dish
Probably more of a "business" decision, since they got a lot of hate for Celestite. Hopefully they're not outsourcing all their dark ambient elements into this.
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill
18.01.2017 - 19:43
Opethian
Couldn't get into the last album and I really did want to. Are these two writing music in a prison cell now?
18.01.2017 - 20:02
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Opethian on 18.01.2017 at 19:43

Are these two writing music in a prison cell now?

That's dungeon synth for you
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei

Hits total: 2022 | This month: 8