Metal Storm logo
Wintersun - Reveal New Album Tracklist And Concept

Recently, the Finnish metallers Wintersun unveiled the title of their third studio album, The Forest Seasons, that will see the light of day in 2017 via Nuclear Blast. The new release will be a full-length album of 53 minutes featuring a brand new concept that band leader and mastermind Jari Mäenpää now reveals, together with the complete tracklist. It looks like it's actually happening. Check it out below.

The Forest Seasons:

01. Awaken From The Dark Slumber (Spring) 14:40
Part I The Dark Slumber
Part II The Awakening
02. The Forest That Weeps (Summer) 12:18
03. Eternal Darkness (Autumn) 14:08
Part I Haunting Darkness
Part II The Call of the Dark Dream
Part III Beyond the Infinite Universe
Part IV Death
04. Loneliness (Winter) 12:54

Total running time: 53:20

Jari Mäenpää also said: "Yes, you guessed it! This album is our version of Vivaldi's 'The Four Seasons', but it hasn't got anything to do with Vivaldi musically or with classical music. It is 100% original and solid Wintersun material! It is something new and different. Let's just say it has a bit more darker tone overall...

"Next week you will know how we are releasing our new album, so stay tuned for more details! Click those notifications ON in all our Facebook pages, you don't want to miss the important updates of our new album! (Because of Facebook algorithm reach limit).
"

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Wintersun
Posted: 18.01.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 27   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 454 users
18.01.2017 - 18:26
Zap
Ok, hopefully less unnecessary symphonics and better mixing.
18.01.2017 - 18:54
FYA
Destroyer
Written by Zap on 18.01.2017 at 18:26

Nuclear Blast refused to found a studio for him, so don't expect too much :V
18.01.2017 - 19:40
Opethian
Bring it, Jari
18.01.2017 - 19:41
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Looks promising. I like long songs rather than frequent cuts/multiple tracks.
18.01.2017 - 21:20
Yugosaki
"Next week you will know how we are releasing our new album, so stay tuned for more details! ."

I have a bad feeling that Jari will release this album one by one song, accordingly to the season, so we will have a complete album at the end of the year, and first song (spring) we will have maybe in march or so... Something is smelly here... Wintersun always mange to surprise/ disappoint us....
----
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaEBpRWr2IA
18.01.2017 - 22:03
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor

This ^

Time I was gold melded to garbage thanks to these two things.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
19.01.2017 - 00:05
IBlackened
Written by Yugosaki on 18.01.2017 at 21:20

"Next week you will know how we are releasing our new album, so stay tuned for more details! ."

I have a bad feeling that Jari will release this album one by one song, accordingly to the season, so we will have a complete album at the end of the year, and first song (spring) we will have maybe in march or so... Something is smelly here... Wintersun always mange to surprise/ disappoint us....

Yeah, something is not right. It's looking too good to be true. We're talking about Jari after all.
----
Their old stuff is better.
19.01.2017 - 00:14
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I bet he'll release it in .txt. One text line per day
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
19.01.2017 - 01:41
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Written by 3rdWorld on 18.01.2017 at 19:41

Looks promising. I like long songs rather than frequent cuts/multiple tracks.

I'm usually the opposite. The first album was great cause it had such a good mix of long songs and short ones. Beyond the Dark Sun when I just want something quick to spice up my day and Sadness and Hate when i'm really in the mood for some Wintersun.
19.01.2017 - 01:49
MelancholiaC
Finally, their second comeback after the "Whiningsun era"
19.01.2017 - 06:00
IBlackened
Written by Irritable Ted on 19.01.2017 at 00:11

Written by IBlackened on 19.01.2017 at 00:05

"...how we are releasing our new album...". That's bugging me. Something is not right. It's looking too good to be true. We're talking about Jari after all.

Hope you are wrong. The "Next week you will know how we are releasing our new album" bit worries me too. If it is not a simple release on a CD or digital, then he will lose the few remaining fans who have put up with the years of let downs.

I hope it too, but I'm really skeptical.
----
Their old stuff is better.
19.01.2017 - 07:46
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
What, no Time II...?
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

19.01.2017 - 11:13
BlackMetalDay
Please tell me it will be a normal release with a CD and a digital version, and not something stupidely original.
19.01.2017 - 11:14
Andreas
Heh, four seasons. Reminds me of the reboot of Gilmore Girls.
19.01.2017 - 12:08
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Maybe he's releasing it by semaphore?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
19.01.2017 - 12:28
cossaisVendeurs
Knowing Jari, he'll probably release it on fucking grammophone.
19.01.2017 - 12:49
Wes
Maybe it will be free? : )
19.01.2017 - 14:04
BlackMetalDay
Written by psykometal on 19.01.2017 at 07:46

What, no Time II...?

On facebook Jari explains once again that Time II is such a complicated album that he needs his own studio in order to mix it. But this new album, the Forest Seasons, is less complicated so he managed to mix it in his current situation.
19.01.2017 - 14:17
FeskarN
Well I hope that the mixing is better overall than Time I and the guitars sound is improve. I love the music of Time I but the mixing/production not so much..
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
19.01.2017 - 15:31
Pandore

Two possibilities:

1/ He will release one song per season. "Spring" will be released in March, and we'll be promised "Summer" in 3 months, except it's never released just like Time II.

2/ He will release all individual tracks for each song because he didn't have enough RAM to mix such an ambitious project, along with instructions on how to build our own supercomputer/studio and how to mix the songs.
19.01.2017 - 16:55
zikon
Something smells fishy and it's not even April fool's yet.
----
"The poetry of the earth is never dead" John Keats
20.01.2017 - 23:03
Doge of Venice
I wonder if they will release an instrumental version. That's what I enjoyed most about the last album.
23.01.2017 - 16:43
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by BlackMetalDay on 19.01.2017 at 14:04

On facebook Jari explains once again that Time II is such a complicated album that he needs his own studio in order to mix it. But this new album, the Forest Seasons, is less complicated so he managed to mix it in his current situation.

Oh, that old bullshit still... :rolls eyes:
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

25.01.2017 - 04:57
I call bullshit on Yari... Probably trolling about releasing this album in 2017... one week before release he will fight with NB and the album won't be released... i won't be buying... i've had it with these guys
25.01.2017 - 12:29
marshalldml
Something WILL come up.
Nothing's normal with Jari,
This guy can't be trusted.
26.01.2017 - 07:43
Agreed
26.01.2017 - 21:00
Clushje
Written by FYA on 18.01.2017 at 18:54

Nuclear Blast refused to found a studio for him, so don't expect too much :V

Well you called it.

Hits total: 4857 | This month: 7