Metal Storm logo
Rhapsody Of Fire - Announce Special Release

After announcing their new line-up recently (the addition of new vocalist Giacomo Voli and drummer Manu Lotter), Italian symphonic power metal kings Rhapsody Of Fire are now working on their upcoming release, which will be a 75 minutes long album revisiting a selection of songs written and produced during the 5 first years of the Rhapsody Era (1997-2002). 14 epic tracks completely re-recorded! All drums, bass, guitars, keyboards, vocals, epic choirs, opera choirs, and numerous classical instruments have been recorded already.

"To re-record old historic tracks is not that common among bands because there is probably a lack of self-confidence or because, for some musicians and fans, what is part of the past should not be touched. We do not agree," Alex Staropoli says.

"We already had the chance to listen to some rough mixes and we can clearly say that the result goes far beyond any bright expectations. The result is just fantastic. We can't wait to start the mix!"

The album will be released during Spring with the exact release date and album title to be announced soon. The album will be mixed by Seeb Levermann (Orden Ogan).

Photo credits: Massimo Goina

Source: rhapsodyoffire.com
Band profile: Rhapsody
Posted: 21.01.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 126 users
21.01.2017 - 19:17
Andreas

Written by Irritable Ted on 21.01.2017 at 13:47

More to do with Alex wiping out all trace of Luca. Erased from history. Ego much?

Ego? Maybe. But I don't think he wants to erase Luca's work from history; he just wants to record good music with his new lineup, so he's playing it safe.
For the record, I'm not too fond of this idea.
22.01.2017 - 00:17
Opethian

I thought they decided to call it quits? WTF dude ... just let the band fade away.
22.01.2017 - 02:27
skelator

"record good music with his new lineup"
WHY? Pointless...
----
Best Metal Albums of 2023: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jaZJRBeBw

Best Metal Demos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtsgSQjV44
22.01.2017 - 03:56
Hellbrann

For whatever reason. I like it. A good way to introduce their new vocalist with familiar material, instead of brand new songs an leave us guessing whether he can reach Fabio´s glorious levels. Looking forward to it, even if it´s just a filler.
----
Druantia | Folk metal
22.01.2017 - 13:26
skelator

Good for you, but I'm not goin' buy it.
The worst way to promote new vocalist is to re-record old stuff (which is not really old c'mon).
----
Best Metal Albums of 2023: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jaZJRBeBw

Best Metal Demos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtsgSQjV44
23.01.2017 - 10:56
BlackMetalDay

I already bought the original ones, why in hell would I buy the re-recorded tracks?
24.01.2017 - 00:11
Lysion

So:
Luca Turilli's Rhapsody
Rhapsody of Fire
Rhapsody goes on tour with all original members except one
Rhapsody rerecords classic songs with all original members except four

So what's next?

Hits total: 2187 | This month: 4