Metal Storm logo
Mastodon - New Song Unveiled

Atlanta's Mastodon have released yet another song from their upcoming album, Emperor Of Sand, called "Show Yourself". This is the second song they reveal from the album so far, where they first revealed "Sultan's Curse". This song has more of a hard rock vibe to it, what do you think about it?

Emperor Of Sand will hit the stores on March 31st this year.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Mastodon
Posted: 03.02.2017 by Fallen Ghost

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 20   Visited by: 241 users
03.02.2017 - 13:23
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
elite
Yeah, not digging this one at all, sorry. Sounds way too much like something that would be on the radio, trying too hard to be a catchy earworm. But I guess that's not too surprising coming after that Curl Of The Burl track that was on The Hunter. It might be time to give up on these guys continuing in their new, more mellow sound and making anything close to Crack The Skye again.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
03.02.2017 - 15:16
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
I'm not very impressed myself, but I'll give the whole album a shot anyways. I remember I didn't like High Road as much, but liked it when I heard the whole album for some reason
03.02.2017 - 16:04
Desha
delicious dish
Really dislike this one. Hope this remains the only Curl of the Burl type song on the album. Sultan's Curse and the merit of it being a concept album about death still keeps me interested though.
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill
03.02.2017 - 17:16
crucifiedjesus
Doesnt even sound like mastodon
03.02.2017 - 17:17
Zap
Less annoying than Curl Of The Burl and High Road if you ask me. The other song was much better though.
03.02.2017 - 18:32
Interrobang
Chief Sturgeon
Sounds like Queens of the Stone Age to me. Which is not necessarily a bad thing.
03.02.2017 - 20:06
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
Noy very Mastodon-y, but enjoyable anyway.
03.02.2017 - 20:11
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Just shite. This makes my earlier conviction even stronger and I just want this album to suck now. RIP Mastodon.
03.02.2017 - 20:21
koob
Woah, what the fuck is this turd ? I don't even know why I bother with this bad, as I said in another comment their only worthy release was Crack the Skye, everyhing else is overrated.
03.02.2017 - 21:11
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Absolutely fucking diggin' it deeper and deeper.

Totally endearing with new vibes, direction and playing structure song comprised in. Groovy-filled cup of un-Mastodon track which will surprise or despise you in somewhere or the other.
03.02.2017 - 22:40
MyNameJeff
I personally liked this quite a bit. More than High Road and curl of the burl.
04.02.2017 - 00:25
Necrodamus
First song was definitely better. Looks like they went for the catchy factor on this one. Still not bad or skip-worthy, and I know there will be better tracks on the album to come.
Edit: I'm loving this track. Definitely a grower. The Motherload 2.0 in my opinion. That's a good thing.
04.02.2017 - 02:21
musclassia
staff
Sultan's Curse really upped my excitement for this album

I could've imagined this song coming out on April 1st - just bizarre

And I love Curl Of The Burl

Still amped for the album
04.02.2017 - 06:05
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Most people are comparing this to the catchy tracks from the two previous albums, which is definitely fair enough.

As opposed to "High Road" and "Curl Of The Burl", however, I feel as if they focused too much on writing catchy vocal lines that the music falls short of anything catchy from a rhythmic side.

"Sultan's Curse" was definitely more interesting structurally, but both songs are far too stripped down to offer anything worthy of repeat listens.
04.02.2017 - 08:58
The Galactician
Written by Interrobang on 03.02.2017 at 18:32

Sounds like Queens of the Stone Age to me. Which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Totally this. I like QotSA, so not at all sad about it.
04.02.2017 - 09:49
Rapid Fire
Probably the most average song I've ever listened from this band, and this is coming from someone who loves ''Once more 'round the sun''. Still have good expectations though, I liked "Sultan's Curse".
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
04.02.2017 - 10:18
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Another good song. Very excited to hear the full album when released.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
05.02.2017 - 02:41
Spawdophonik
I really liked it !
05.02.2017 - 11:42
Desert Father
Not really a fan, it sounds like a more commercial version of their past two albums.
----
"Truly, my child, if I were allowed to see my sins, three or four men would not be enough to weep
for them." - Abba Dioscorus
05.02.2017 - 19:26
UPDIRNS
What band is this? It's not Mastodon.
Sounds OK, but radio friendly it surely is. Has a few decent moments, but overall not a big fan of this song.

Hits total: 3720 | This month: 8