Metal Storm logo
Dark Angel - Drummer Gives Update On New Album

Dark Angel drummer Gene Hoglan spoke to KNAC.com earlier this week about their long-awaited new album, for which they have written five or six songs. The record will be the band's first since 1991's Time Does Not Heal, and will feature the Leave Scars lineup of Hoglan (drums), Eric Meyer (guitar), Jim Durkin (guitar), Ron Rinehart (vocals) and Michael Gonzalez (bass).

On the status of Dark Angel and their new album, Hoglan stated: "We started writing this new album, Jim Durkin and myself, in 2014. It was kind of an open year for me, there wasn't a lot of Testament stuff, there was a little bit of Death To All going on and it gave me time to do a lot of Dark Angel stuff that year. Originally, we just threw it out, 'Let's get back together, we've got offers to get back together and play some shows and hey maybe we can write a little music, see how that goes.' And the shows were super amazing, super successful.

"The band, we've always gotten along, we never broke up due to acrimony, we broke up because it was time to move on. So all the guys getting together, it's been amazing and we've all grown up, we used to argue like brothers, like teenage boys back in the day, and now we're just polite older chaps.

"The best way for us to write a Dark Angel record is when Jim and I are in the same room, we've both got our guitars on, I'm throwing ideas, he's augmenting them, he's throwing out ideas, I'm augment them and we work really well together. That has been a little challenging schedule-wise, but hopefully over the course of this year we'll get a little time in and I'll give Jim a shout and see what his schedule's like. I know when I have my gaps so far this year and maybe we can get together.

"We've already got five or six songs ready to go and they're killer. The stuff Jim's writing is deadly. And I'm trying to carry forth the youthful energy and aggression of Darkness with a little bit of what we were doing with Time Does Not Heal and some cool ass Leave Scars thrown in. It sounds like Dark Angel, but I'm trying to err on the side of hyper aggression, and that's cool with me. You never go wrong going heavier. So write a shit-ass heavy fucking record, that's gold in my book."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Dark Angel
Posted: 09.02.2017 by Metal God

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 57 users
09.02.2017 - 16:40
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Now, that's an interesting piece of news even though I did not read the whole post.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
09.02.2017 - 21:09
sbgmetal

Aw shiet gene with a guitar too
10.02.2017 - 07:19
matai65

Awesome always loved Dark Angel.
10.02.2017 - 11:40
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Looking forward to it
----
04.12.2019 - 23:58
warmann

Hell awaits. I love US. Thrasher in Poland.
05.12.2019 - 09:16
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Great news.

Never dug this band as opposed to other Bay thrash acts, but what I can judge from couple of songs I listened from YouTube recommendations - they sound tight.

Goes in my wishlist.

Hits total: 2435 | This month: 3