Metal Storm logo
Funeral Mourning - Inertia Of Dissonance (A Sermon In Finality) review

Reviewer:

10 users:
Band: Funeral Mourning
Album: Inertia Of Dissonance (A Sermon In Finality)
Release date: August 2016

01. Pallid Coffin Spirit
02. Sermon - Threnody
03. Whom Shepherd Seeds Of Discord
04. Sermon - Dirge
05. Dismal Veil Of Nothingness
06. Sermon - End

Funeral doom isn't the most varied sub-genre in metal, we all can agree with this. But it surely is one of the most powerful and emotional. Funeral Mourning, the project lead by the mysterious man simply known as Desolate proved that once again with Inertia Of Dissonance. An album full of dark emotions.

Almost 50 minutes of rock solid funeral doom is what Desolate presents to us with his new full-length in over 10 years. The man surely took his sweet time (probably because he was busy with his other main project Ill Omen) to make this album something he can be proud of. If I was him, I will definitely feel that way.

Musically speaking, the album offers nothing new when it comes to funeral doom. Ultra slow guitars accompanied by the ultra slow drumming and some torturous growls, creating an atmosphere full of despair. Most of the songs are quite repetitive and trance-like and it's helped by the production which makes each instrument breathe and be easily recognizable. However that doesn't mean that we are presented with a crystal clear production, on the contrary, this still sounds as raw as if you were listening to a lost demo from a lost band. Yeah, it's that raw, and truth be told the album wouldn't have the same impact on me if that changed even a bit.

Inertia Of Dissonance must be listened in its entirety for full experience. Desolate has created one of the bleakest and darkest albums from last year. Recommended for funeral doom fans or people who want to experience the whole sacred darkness in music. If you are from the second group though, be careful, it might be too much.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 7
Production: 9

Written by Maco | 27.02.2017

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 57 users
27.02.2017 - 21:25
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Fuck yeah!
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
07.11.2017 - 04:48
VIG
Account deleted
Good review I suggest you write more. I need to write more myself, I would love to write a ton more reviews for the site!
07.11.2017 - 04:56
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by Guest on 07.11.2017 at 04:48

Good review I suggest you write more. I need to write more myself, I would love to write a ton more reviews for the site!

I'm planning on reviewing the new Nortt album if no one does.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
07.11.2017 - 05:03
VIG
Account deleted
Written by Maco on 07.11.2017 at 04:56

I'm planning on reviewing the new Nortt album if no one does.

Oh man, I'm excited for that one. Sounds good. I need to review something else from 2017.
19.12.2021 - 08:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Good job man, you should write more.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 2648 | This month: 15