Metal Storm logo
Realm - Former Member Passes Away

Former guitarist of American progressive thrash metal band Realm, Paul Laganowski, has passed away. Laganowski was a member of Realm from 1985 to 1992. He died after a long battle with pancreatic cancer.

Paul's bandmate Takis Kinis posted on his Facebook page: "It is with a very sad and heavy heart that I share with all of you the passing of Paul Laganowski.

Nine months ago, Paul was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Per his wishes, we kept the illness private. He put up a hell of a fight and retained his optimism and sense of humor right to end. Now he is finally free of pain and suffering. And that for that I am thankful.

Most of you remember Paul as the guitarist of our bands Realm and White Fear Chain. Through music he touched many people. His legacy will live on. Those of us who were privileged to get to know him as a friend, knew how truly special he was. He was one of those rare few good souls you couldn't help but love. I feel honored to have played music with him and to call him my best friend.

Paul, as you cross over to the other side, know that you are loved by many and that you will be missed."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Realm
Posted: 24.03.2017 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 22 users
24.03.2017 - 21:46
Skoda

Sad news. Endless War is one of my favorite thrash metal albums of all time.

RIP Paul, your music shall live on forever.
----
Sleeping on his laurels.

Hits total: 1300 | This month: 6