06. The Unfolding Pause On The Thresholdm
07. Smuggled Mutation
08. Six Hands
09. The Debutante
10. Flower Garden Of An Evil Man
11. Those Who Know...
12. Palace Of Mirrors Reprise
13. The Return

This is just a magnificent work of art in the whole extent of the word; Estradasphere created an incredible artistic album and developed their concept inside the music, the cinematic booklet, and the overall experience which can only be described as the score from a non-existent movie.

I can easily picture a younger band listening to Ennio Morricone's scores; the whole album unwraps itself within a surreal concept that involves a made-up story that ends where it begins, complicated for you? Well that's exactly why this album worths so much, it will make you think a lot!

Musically we're facing towards a very complex face; the band has NO physical genre whatsoever, the album goes from technical Jazz, to multi-faceted orchestra and even a couple of truly agressive bits here and there (faster than many Grindcore bands out there actually), it's of course an instrumental piece, similar to what Kaada did in "Music For Movie Bikers" only with a more hardcore and rockish glance and without the chanting vocal solos.

"Palace Of Mirrors" is a brilliant album, for smart people only; while closed-minded listeners won't have the chance to fully attract the core and concept of this record, many of us will take our times to analyse every single hint and every part of this artistic package. The final result is incredibly worthwhile, spastic over the skin, technical veins, progressive rampage and incompatible music, more than what most people can take in one sitting.

Best Traces: "Palace Of Mirrors", "Palace Of Mirrors Reprise", "Colosal Risk"

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 8
Production: 9

Written by Herzebeth | 18.04.2007

Comments

Comments: 8   Visited by: 75 users
18.04.2007 - 21:18
Ivor
Staff
HELL YEAH! Estradasphere is brilliant. It's one of the biggest discoveries in recent months for me. A band with no boundaries simply blows your brains out. Out of their albums you can get anything, from Jazz to Metal and everything inbetween and outside. You even get Super Mario tunes on some album. Those who are interested in other albums, try "Quadropus" or "Buck Fever" - you won't be disappointed if you have an open mind towards such experimental music.

I.

PS. And where's the thanks for pointing this band out to you Herz? Eh? EH?
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on Mars
18.04.2007 - 21:49
Herzebeth

Written by Ivor on 18.04.2007 at 21:18

HELL YEAH! Estradasphere is brilliant. It's one of the biggest discoveries in recent months for me. A band with no boundaries simply blows your brains out. Out of their albums you can get anything, from Jazz to Metal and everything inbetween and outside. You even get Super Mario tunes on some album. Those who are interested in other albums, try "Quadropus" or "Buck Fever" - you won't be disappointed if you have an open mind towards such experimental music.

I.

PS. And where's the thanks for pointing this band out to you Herz? Eh? EH?

Ultra super THANKS for the I man, this was one of the greatest discoveries in recent times, big cheers to you mate!! as you can see I DID followe your advise haha

----
18.04.2007 - 21:57
Ivor
Staff
I like your attitude. We'll be getting along juuust fine. Hehe. Seriously though, cool that you wrote a review about the album. The band is worth the effort.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on Mars
18.04.2007 - 23:21
Rating: 10
Rupert

Are all of their albums as genius as you portray them?
19.04.2007 - 06:03
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
"The Terrible Beautypower Of Meow"

Sounds like the most epic track ever.
----
16.01.2008 - 00:20
MrEddieG

These guys are brilliant! And they had to come out of the Bay Area (best place ever). I want this album so bad, I have looked everywhere even on the internet and nothing, DAMN!
24.06.2008 - 03:07
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Damm guys.. this shit is intense!!!
I really need an album of this band. The music is just brilliant O.O
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
17.04.2009 - 19:15
Rating: 7
Elio
Red Nightmare
Eh, it's nice and all but I feel it lacks something. Has its moments but could be better.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.

Hits total: 4733 | This month: 14