07. Cheval
08. Apopathodiaphulatophobie
09. Va Te Foutre
10. Robert
11. Au Revoir

Guest review by
VIG
Rating:
Warning: Don't bother if you don't like other genres blending into your metal.

Read more ››
published 21.09.2017 | Comments (2)

Found in 16 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 31   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 410 users
12.04.2017 - 14:55
VIG
Account deleted
I hope this isn't horrible. I don't have great expectations seeing as they signed to Metal Blade, which shouldn't effect the music, but it doesn't feel right imo.
12.04.2017 - 15:49
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Guest on 12.04.2017 at 14:55

I hope this isn't horrible. I don't have great expectations seeing as they signed to Metal Blade, which shouldn't effect the music, but it doesn't feel right imo.

It's safe to judge based on the released track though, isn't it?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
12.04.2017 - 15:52
VIG
Account deleted
Written by Karlabos on 12.04.2017 at 15:49

Written by Guest on 12.04.2017 at 14:55

It's safe to judge based on the released track though, isn't it?

I haven't heard it yet, sorry, but I agree, I should be able to know what I'm gonna think of it when I hear the track.
14.04.2017 - 16:56
VIG
Account deleted
The track they have released is actually really good and interesting. I'm excited to hear what the rest of the album will sound like, as the track is more metal driven than before.
14.04.2017 - 17:50
3rdWorld
China was a neat
From the released track, I guess a more industrial and breakcore heavy approach here rather which wouldn't be all that interesting and is not what Igorrr should be doing.
18.04.2017 - 14:45
VIG
Account deleted
Written by 3rdWorld on 14.04.2017 at 17:50

From the released track, I guess a more industrial and breakcore heavy approach here rather which wouldn't be all that interesting and is not what Igorrr should be doing.

Yes, but I like what Igorrr is doing now. It's very different but not that bad.
18.04.2017 - 21:00
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Guest on 18.04.2017 at 14:45

Yes, but I like what Igorrr is doing now. It's very different but not that bad.

Ha besides the fact it being not as innovative as Igorrr should be, it is a farcry from being bad. It is AAA quality stuff indeed.
19.04.2017 - 19:14
Rating: 9
InnerSelf
proofread free
It's gonna be GUD. That song from 4:00 onwards is will be my jam

----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
03.05.2017 - 20:12
InnerSelf
proofread free
Oh man Oh man Oh man. TRIPPY!

----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
03.05.2017 - 23:56
Darkside Momo
Retired
^ NICE
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
07.05.2017 - 01:29
Rating: 8
Doge of Venice

Written by InnerSelf on 19.04.2017 at 19:14

It's gonna be GUD. That song from 4:00 onwards is will be my jam

Yeah, this song has me hyped to shit. That sweet, sweet accordion. I believe, with the exception of the intro (which is Opus Brain), all of that video is about Houmous. As in the song.
18.05.2017 - 04:58
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
I've probably listened to Opus Brain about fifty times already--from that and the "making of" videos, the album seems like it's gonna be really good. Consider this shit pre-ordered.
----
16.06.2017 - 03:59
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Listening to it now. Seems pretty damn good so far.
----
16.06.2017 - 14:13
annodomini

Need mores listens, but seems like the best to date. Perfect balance between all aspects, that made Igorrr great.
----
the riddle wants to be...
16.06.2017 - 18:04
IBlackened

Written by annodomini on 16.06.2017 at 14:13

Need mores listens, but seems like the best to date. Perfect balance between all aspects, that made Igorrr great.

I respectfully disagree. He focused too much on the Metal side and there are barely any Classical elements left. The symphonies are pretty much gone. The songs are much simpler and accessible. Not the mindfuckery I was expecting as a continuation of Nostril and Hallelujah. I'm a bit disappointed.
----
Their old stuff is better.
16.06.2017 - 18:51
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Love this. Always doing something different. Unpredictable and rewarding album.
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.
16.06.2017 - 22:32
Rating: 5
Karcas

Record labels man... feeding on our greed. when profit is the motive of art.. igorrr gets predictable and meh :.( good job on that marketing campaign tho. the hype train was real
17.06.2017 - 01:36
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Idk if it's "dumbed down" but I enjoyed this thoroughly either way. Maybe more listens will change that, but for now I'm feeling fairly confident that this is some great shit.
----
17.06.2017 - 01:47
Doge of Venice

Written by IBlackened on 16.06.2017 at 18:04

I respectfully disagree. He focused too much on the Metal side and there are barely any Classical elements left. The symphonies are pretty much gone. The songs are much simpler and accessible. Not the mindfuckery I was expecting as a continuation of Nostril and Hallelujah. I'm a bit disappointed.

I assume the symphonies are gone because this is a 'sample free' record, as far as I'm aware. As in, samples that weren't recorded specifically for this album.
17.06.2017 - 06:59
IBlackened

Written by Doge of Venice on 17.06.2017 at 01:47

I assume the symphonies are gone because this is a 'sample free' record, as far as I'm aware. As in, samples that weren't recorded specifically for this album.

I also read that but now I can't remember where it was.
----
Their old stuff is better.
17.06.2017 - 19:12
Doge of Venice

Written by IBlackened on 17.06.2017 at 06:59

Written by Doge of Venice on 17.06.2017 at 01:47

I also read that but now I can't remember where it was.

Found it: http://metalblade.com/igorrr/

Quote:
This was most fully realized with 2012's Hallelujah, but as strong as that record was, Savage Sinusoid lays waste to it - having taken a full four years to develop, track and mix. "Doing good metal, good electronic music, good Balkan music and good baroque music along with all of these other ideas and elements takes lots of time. There's a lot to learn along the way, and mixing them together is something else entirely. 'Savage Sinusoid' is an album without samples, one hundred percent of what you hear was recorded in the studio, and every little thing you hear, as microscopic as it might be, has been thought and rethought, made and remade millions of times to be sure I achieved my personal vision of 'perfect music'."
20.06.2017 - 21:02
3rdWorld
China was a neat
This is one monstrously heavy album, the opener rattled my fucking brains on a sony extrabass in-ear headphones. Safe to say despite being less symphonic, less weird and less baroque-filled than the earlier I thoroughly enjoy this thanks to the more metal oriented approach and the live drums in the mix.
27.06.2017 - 09:52
Desha
delicious dish
One has to ask: Has Igorrr become to formulaic? Because I really like this album, and that's usually not a good sign for experimental bands like this.
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill
27.06.2017 - 15:57
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Wait, you are complaining that you liked it?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
27.06.2017 - 17:10
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Karlabos on 27.06.2017 at 15:57

"I don't like it because I like it". Makes sense.
29.06.2017 - 11:00
Desha
delicious dish

What I meant is that I have pleb taste and usually don't care much for complex music. So when I like a band that is known for complex music, then it usually is a more accessible album.
EDIT: So that's why that might mean something bad for old fans of the music.
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill
11.07.2017 - 17:53
Doge of Venice

Written by Desha on 29.06.2017 at 11:00

What I meant is that I have pleb taste and usually don't care much for complex music. So when I like a band that is known for complex music, then it usually is a more accessible album.
EDIT: So that's why that might mean something bad for old fans of the music.

There's a difference between complex and convoluted and difficult. This album is still complex, it's just less chaotic and convoluted.
08.09.2017 - 11:05
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
I like how people are complaining about this being bad because it sounds more of an album as a whole than the previous records.. And people claiming "This isn't what Igorrr is supposed to do", he'll be doing what he wants to do, and for once he made an album I actually can consider a GOOD album! The others were fun, but I couldn't take them seriously, and listened for the fun of it. This one I can appreciate as a serious album (apart from that hilarious flute ending on ieuD, it cracks me up every time )
08.10.2017 - 09:37
Spooks

Definitely an easier listen than previous releases (probably due to signing on Metal Blade). To some the lightening (slightly) of their sound will be a negative, whereas for others it will be a pathway to start enjoying Igorrr. I love this album, but look nostalgically toward albums like Hallelujah. However, this is still a record that stands on its own, and will be in conversation for the album of the year.
----
"All things are Nothing to Me"
― Max Stirner, The Ego and Its Own
24.06.2019 - 14:05
nonZero

This album gives me a headache...

...love it.
----
Top 500 Albums (ordered & rated)
Top 200 Overlooked Albums (with genres)
So I Heard You Like Wintersun... (Time II find new bands)

Hits total: 7011 | This month: 22