Metal Storm logo
Entombed

Original post

Posted by __Az__, 24.05.2006 - 02:37
Entombed, a death metal band from Sweden are one of my personal favourites...

IMO their best albums are probably Candlestine and Left Hand Path... My favourite track is probably Supposed To Rot...
I prefer these two albums because over time theyre style changed....

What does everyone else think?
07.12.2009 - 04:47
SatyriconChick
I have always loved Entombed and am a diehard fan/purist of the Wolverine Blues lineup that included Lars Rosenberg (my favorite bassist during that time period). They were just THE BEST! I saw them live only once, but they absolutely blew me away. Hearing L.G. on vocals for songs from Clandestine was somewhat unreal, in a good way, of course. I am definitely most partial to Left Hand Path and Clandestine. I know it would never happen, but I would love to see the classic lineup reunite at some point.
07.12.2009 - 05:16
Angelic Storm
Melodious
The first Entombed album I heard was "Clandestine", way back in the day. And it's still my fave Entombed album! Though it's sandwiched between 2 other amazing albums. "Left Hand Path" and "Wolverine Blues". I guess you could credit both of those albums with kickstarting genres. (The former, swedish death metal, and the latter, "death & roll".) "To Ride, Shoot Straight...And Speak The Truth!" is also another amazing album I think! I consider "Same Difference" and "Uprising" to be the low point of the band quality wise, though even both of those albums contained some great songs. Although Nicke Andersson will always be THE Entombed drummer for me, Peter Stjarnvind did a good job while he was in the band, and contributed the awesome song "Young And Dead" before he left! I've seen Entombed live twice ("Morning Star", and "Inferno" tours) And both times were awesome.

This was of course, before Uffe Cederlund left the band, and he is sorely missed. Entombed really are a two guitar band, and in any video I've seen with the new line-up, the guitar sound is really thin. Even though Alex Hellid is a great guitar player. I hope one day, Uffe will return to the band, and of course Nicke, (although this is highly unlikely, and his band Death Breath are amazing!) as the band's sound now, is a bit lacking. Even though their most recent album "Serpent Saints" has some amazing tracks on it, with songs like "Masters Of Death" and the scorching "Carnage", being as close as the band's got to going back to the early sound of "Left Hand Path", and "Clandestine", since those albums themselves! Entombed are definitely an awesome band, and I'd put "Clandestine" second only to the godly "Necroticism-Descanting The Insalubrious" as my fave death metal album of all time!
07.12.2009 - 16:56
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Angelic Storm on 07.12.2009 at 05:16

The first Entombed album I heard was "Clandestine", way back in the day. And it's still my fave Entombed album! Though it's sandwiched between 2 other amazing albums. "Left Hand Path" and "Wolverine Blues". I guess you could credit both of those albums with kickstarting genres. (The former, swedish death metal, and the latter, "death & roll".) "To Ride, Shoot Straight...And Speak The Truth!" is also another amazing album I think! I consider "Same Difference" and "Uprising" to be the low point of the band quality wise, though even both of those albums contained some great songs.

Hahahah I actually believe that Uprising is their best death 'n' roll after Wolverine Blues. The latest was very meh imho and the lyrics were worse than usual so it wa simpossible to not notice that. Inferno and Morning Star were on the other hand good albums.

And the first three... well.... Classic
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
07.12.2009 - 17:29
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by X-Ray Rod on 07.12.2009 at 16:56
Hahahah I actually believe that Uprising is their best death 'n' roll after Wolverine Blues. The latest was very meh imho and the lyrics were worse than usual so it wa simpossible to not notice that. Inferno and Morning Star were on the other hand good albums.

And the first three... well.... Classic

Hehe...."Uprising" has it's moments for sure! The problem for that album with me, is "Say It In Slugs" is such an awesome song, and most of the other songs just aren't up to the standard of that one. Aside from the spooky album closer "In The Flesh". which is another great song, and an amazing finish to the album.

The latest is an album of two halves. Half of the album is great, and the other half is completely forgettable. The best death n' roll after "Wolverine Blues", is "To Ride, Shoot Straight..." imo. Although "Morning Star" and "Inferno" are very close behind.
07.12.2009 - 17:49
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Angelic Storm on 07.12.2009 at 17:29

The best death n' roll after "Wolverine Blues", is "To Ride, Shoot Straight..." imo. Although "Morning Star" and "Inferno" are very close behind.

I'm yet to hear "To Ride..." So I guess I have to do my homework now
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
07.12.2009 - 23:15
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by X-Ray Rod on 07.12.2009 at 17:49
I'm yet to hear "To Ride..." So I guess I have to do my homework now

Oh, you haven't heard it?! It is really a fantastic album, definitely a worthy follow up to the classic "Wolverine Blues".
11.12.2009 - 21:00
SatyriconChick
To Ride... is great. That was the last Entombed CD I actually purchased... And Angelic Storm, I agree with you about Nicke being THE Entombed drummer! Damn, how I miss the classic lineup! If there WERE an actual reunion at some point, I can actually see Nicke and Uffe rejoining, but I don't see Lars doing the same (what is he even doing now?).
11.12.2009 - 23:37
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Written by Angelic Storm on 07.12.2009 at 05:16

The first Entombed album I heard was "Clandestine", way back in the day. And it's still my fave Entombed album! Though it's sandwiched between 2 other amazing albums. "Left Hand Path" and "Wolverine Blues".

I got into them "way back in the day" as well. like "Clandestine", "Left Hand Path", and for some reason really like the "Hollow Man" ep... didn't like "Wolverine's Blues", traded it to a friend for the Bolt Thrower Peel Sessions and haven't picked up another Entombed album since...

still dig those three releases, though.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
12.12.2009 - 14:54
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by SatyriconChick on 11.12.2009 at 21:00

To Ride... is great. That was the last Entombed CD I actually purchased... And Angelic Storm, I agree with you about Nicke being THE Entombed drummer! Damn, how I miss the classic lineup! If there WERE an actual reunion at some point, I can actually see Nicke and Uffe rejoining, but I don't see Lars doing the same (what is he even doing now?).

"To Ride..." is the perfect follow up to "Wolverine Blues". It's amazing death n' roll all the way!

Nicke was/is an awesome drummer! He had the uncanny nack of making it sound like he was using double bass, when he only used a single bass drum. I remember being surprised when I learned that!

Nicke actually did rejoin Entombed for one show a few years ago. But as a guitarist filling in for Uffe. (who was just not present for that gig, he was still a member of the band at the time)

I really miss Lars Rosenberg...I was upset when he left, he was probably my fave Entombed member while he was in the band! If Uffe and Nicke ever come back to Entombed, which one day I really hope will happen, it will be a bit sad if Lars doesn't come back too. Since he left Entombed, I haven't heard anything about him, what he's doing, if he's in another band, or what. Which is sad...I dunno if he retired from music, but if so, I wish he'd come back! lol

Written by BitterCOld on 11.12.2009 at 23:37
I got into them "way back in the day" as well. like "Clandestine", "Left Hand Path", and for some reason really like the "Hollow Man" ep... didn't like "Wolverine's Blues", traded it to a friend for the Bolt Thrower Peel Sessions and haven't picked up another Entombed album since...

still dig those three releases, though.

I find it a bit weird that you enjoyed the "Hollowman" EP, but don't like "Wolverine Blues". As the songs on "Hollowman" were all recorded during the "Wolverine Blues" recording sessions, and are in the same style as the songs on that album.

In saying that, "Serpent Speech" and "Bonehouse" are amazing songs that if they had been on the album itself, would have been 2 of it's best tracks.

I know some people who only like the first two albums, and hate everything else they did. But I find stuff to enjoy in all their albums, even the ones which aren't great overall albums. To be honest, everything after "Clandestine" was a slight disappointment, but that's only because it's so great, and not only one of the greatest death metal albums, but one of the greatest metal albums period, of all time!
01.07.2010 - 18:26
SatyriconChick
Well, it's been awhile since this thread saw any life... But I saw Entombed again last month (June 2nd) and they blew the roof off! They put on an awesome concert and played lots of classics. I found myself singing along and headbanging alternately. Got lots of pics, too. And after the show, my friend and I got to meet Alex and LG again - second time in 16 years that we did that! LG remembered me and knew who I was thanks to MySpace. Got pics with them, and when I shook hands with Alex just before we left, he put a guitar pick in my hand! The only sucky things about that night were that 1. I got sick at the show (not from any drinking, either) and 2. I didn't see a merchandise stand with Entombed stuff all night until after the show (Alex was actually the one who pointed it out to me), but I couldn't buy anything because stupid security were trying to throw everyone out! But it was all worth seeing them live again, and meeting those guys. They will always be near and dear to my heart.
01.07.2010 - 18:32
SatyriconChick
Written by Angelic Storm on 12.12.2009 at 14:54

Written by SatyriconChick on 11.12.2009 at 21:00

"To Ride..." is the perfect follow up to "Wolverine Blues". It's amazing death n' roll all the way!

Nicke was/is an awesome drummer! He had the uncanny nack of making it sound like he was using double bass, when he only used a single bass drum. I remember being surprised when I learned that!

Nicke actually did rejoin Entombed for one show a few years ago. But as a guitarist filling in for Uffe. (who was just not present for that gig, he was still a member of the band at the time)

I really miss Lars Rosenberg...I was upset when he left, he was probably my fave Entombed member while he was in the band! If Uffe and Nicke ever come back to Entombed, which one day I really hope will happen, it will be a bit sad if Lars doesn't come back too. Since he left Entombed, I haven't heard anything about him, what he's doing, if he's in another band, or what. Which is sad...I dunno if he retired from music, but if so, I wish he'd come back! lol

Although I just made a post above, I HAD to respond to you, AngelicStorm.

Damn, I would have LOVED to have seen Nicke reunite with them at that time, even if he was filling in for Uffe on guitar. THAT must have been weird, but in a cool way!

As for Lars, I totally hear ya. It's a shame that he just about vanished after getting kicked out of Therion. I used to play bass (I'll still pick it up every once in a blue moon now and then), and he was one of my biggest influences, and definitely my favorite bass player. It was to the point that I was more than happy to buy an Ibanez bass, because that's the brand HE used!

I still hope for a classic Entombed reunion at some point in the future... Hey, if Joey Belladonna can reunite with Anthrax TWICE, and if the classic Dokken lineup can reunite TWICE, it's definitely a possibility!
26.05.2012 - 12:05
I am my own God
Master slave and I will be beyond the grave
No one will take my soul away
I carry my own will and make my day

I am my own God
See the truth beyond
Through endless lies thy kingdom come
Glorified wisdom illumination tool
Self deceit it's the golden rule

Live your life you're gonna die your own death
There's no one above that's gonna take your breath

I dip my forefinger in the watery blood
Of your impotent redeemer
And write over his thorn torn brow
The true Prince of Evil

What man's created
Man can destroy
Bring to light
That day of joy
Meaningful lryics
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
30.05.2012 - 07:14
Necrox
Left Hand Path is pretty good for a "raw" death metal album.
30.05.2012 - 18:34
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I love Entombed, both their old stuff and their new stuff, Left Hand Path is probably one of my top 10 favourite songs.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
30.05.2012 - 20:07
Oaken
Hipster
Written by Boxcar Willy on 30.05.2012 at 18:34

I love Entombed, both their old stuff and their new stuff, Left Hand Path is probably one of my top 10 favourite songs.

The intro lead in Left Hand Path is mind blowing, and so is the whole song.
What other DM bands do you like? (PM me so we don't stray off topic in here).
----
In that case, man is only air as well.