Metal Storm logo
Primitive Man - Stream New EP To Pay For Band's Van Repairs

Primitive Man just finished recording their second full-length album, and were planning on going on tour with Weedeater. Unfortunately, the band's van has been damaged during repairs, and they're going to need some help with the costs of paying the garage to get the van back. Primitive Man recorded and released a new noise/drone/ambient EP entitled Fear/A Life Of Turmoil that you can stream below and pick up here if you want. All the money will go towards the van repairs, so that the band can go back on tour.

Here's the full announcement by the band: "Hi. If you were looking forward to seeing Primitive Man in Nebraska, Illinois or Wisconsin on our tour with Weedeater this week we would like to apologize because we will not be making it. After taking our van in to get an oil change and some routine maintenance done it was returned to us in way worse shape than we dropped it off in. The short version of this story is that they destroyed the engine and now we have to 'meet them in the middle' to cover the repair costs because neither party can necessarily 'prove' that the other one is at fault.

"Last week, after recording for our next full length we paid for an extra day at flatline audio to record some noise tracks. Though these were not supposed to be revealed to the public this way (or necessarily under this name), we could use some financial assistance in paying for van repairs. Regardless of whether or not anyone buys these tracks, we will still be making whatever shows we can as soon as the van is finished.

"These are in the vein of the P//M record that Crown and Throne Ltd. released but they were recorded in a pro studio and a lot more care was put into these than our noise tracks have been able to receive in the past. I would also classify these as more drone/ambient than harsh noise. Anyway, if you're into it-download. And if not, you can stream them for free. We should also have a shirt design up online as well tomorrow. Thank you. P//M''

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Primitive Man
Posted: 18.04.2017 by nikarg

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 30 users
18.04.2017 - 21:47
3rdWorld
China was a neat
I would love to pay them at any rate but this is absolute gold: "Instead of just asking for money from fans, like other bands have done recently"
18.04.2017 - 22:05
Rapid Fire

Yep, I guess everybody is thinking about the same example
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
20.04.2017 - 17:16
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by 3rdWorld on 18.04.2017 at 21:47

I would love to pay them at any rate but this is absolute gold: "Instead of just asking for money from fans, like other bands have done recently"

I hate that line, that's absolute bullshit. So bands asking for money from fans is a bad thing? I mean as a fan of the music it's really the least you could do if struggling musicians really need it for something very important. And sometimes what they need the money for is seriously no joke, at all. For example, if there hadn't been that crowdfunding campaign recently for Eyehategod, for Mike Williams to get a new liver, he could possibly be dead right now. That line is edgy, provocative idiocy, I'm about to remove it from this piece honestly
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
20.04.2017 - 17:32
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Seemed more like poking fun at Wintersun. I don't see it as that provocative. That was my interpretation anyway.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
20.04.2017 - 17:48
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Either way, I think we can do without the subjective commentary, that's not news. This is MS, not yellow journalism media like CNN
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
20.04.2017 - 20:36
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Auntie Sahar on 20.04.2017 at 17:16

I hate that line, that's absolute bullshit. So bands asking for money from fans is a bad thing?

Everything is wrong if you are Wintersun.
20.04.2017 - 21:31
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by 3rdWorld on 20.04.2017 at 20:36

Everything is wrong if you are Wintersun.

I can't argue with that
Still though, I apologize and call me Mr. Hardass if you will, but there's no need for shots fired like that in what is supposed to be an objective news report.
----

~ II. VII
21.04.2017 - 20:14
nikarg

Written by Auntie Sahar on 20.04.2017 at 17:16

I hate that line, that's absolute bullshit. So bands asking for money from fans is a bad thing? I mean as a fan of the music it's really the least you could do if struggling musicians really need it for something very important. And sometimes what they need the money for is seriously no joke, at all. For example, if there hadn't been that crowdfunding campaign recently for Eyehategod, for Mike Williams to get a new liver, he could possibly be dead right now. That line is edgy, provocative idiocy, I'm about to remove it from this piece honestly

Ok, even though the piece was checked by staff before it was posted, the responsibility is entirely mine and for this I feel I have to explain myself and defend the words I used. The truth is that I just thought it was funny and did not mean to provoke or demean any person or any band. Of course I had Wintersun in mind, but if I claimed it had nothing to do with Wintersun no one would be able to prove otherwise, since their name is not mentioned anywhere. My exact words were "Instead of just asking for money from fans, like other bands have done recently" and you are asking if bands asking for money from fans is a bad thing. Well, this is entirely your interpretation of what I wrote. It could easily mean that some bands ask money from fans, while others put out music and ask from fans to buy their music. For what it's worth, while almost everyone was ripping on Wintersun, I didn't make a single comment here, mainly because I don't care about the band. The fact that I respect crowdfunding campaigns for Mike Williams's liver or Steve Grimmett's amputated leg goes without saying, but this is not the point. You think the line was "edgy, provocative idiocy", "absolute bullshit", "yellow journalism" and not worthy of MS and I think that these characterisations for a sentence that does not offend anyone, since no one is mentioned by name, are very harsh. I am no journalist and I thought it was okay to put a little spice in the news piece. Apparently it's not okay, so I will do my best to be a lot more careful in the future with the news I am submitting. Finally, to avoid misunderstandings, I just want to say that I respect your point, since you are not characterising me as a person (and I hope I understand this correctly), but one particular sentence I wrote, however the words you are using come across as extremely offensive. You could have deleted the line, like you did, and pm'd me explaining your point. The public outburst was unnecessary.
21.04.2017 - 20:30
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by nikarg on 21.04.2017 at 20:14

Explanation

Fair points. See my PM to you as a further reply as now it's probably best to not continue this here

----

~ II. VII
21.04.2017 - 21:04
nikarg

Back to topic: The band is back on the road as they state here.

Hits total: 1768 | This month: 6