Metal Storm logo
What brand of Cigarettes do you smoke, and why?

Original post

Posted by Grimurc, 20.04.2007 - 12:43
What brand of cigarettes do you smoke?

let me hear what you smoke and how much per day...

i prefer Gauloises, Lucky Strike, Marlboro and sometimes Chesterfield

i smoke probably 5 till 7 a day. in weekends more of course. when i have a bad day i smoke a whole package...
08.01.2011 - 13:12
JD
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 26.12.2010 at 19:31

If there's a discount at work for Winston, I'll get this...Silver one...

Silver Winston, for me it kills my throat, Blue is better..
19.01.2011 - 20:10
CaLu
Account deleted
I did use to smoke (stopped since January 1st) Gauloises when we're talking cigarettes (most often 10-20 cigarettes a day). When I'd use to roll a cigarette it would be 'Zware Van Nelle' (aprox. 12 cigarettes a day).
21.01.2011 - 18:00
Luneth
Account deleted
Up until about early December [2010] I was smoking Richmonds predominently. No particular reason, just I started with them so thought 'fuck it, why change?'. Now I roll cigarettes with 'cutters choice' tobacco.
21.01.2011 - 19:58
0rpheus

Davidoff classic or Merit Gold. I don't smoke frequently, in some days I don't smoke at all, so I can't tell how much per day! but it's about 2 packs per month.
----
I would prefer not to.
22.01.2011 - 13:30
Kitty

Written by 0rpheus on 21.01.2011 at 19:58

Davidoff classic or Merit Gold. I don't smoke frequently, in some days I don't smoke at all, so I can't tell how much per day! but it's about 2 packs per month.

That's some real quality! I guess smoking is rather enjoyable when you only do it sometimes, but you smoke some qualified stuff.
----
...And I meowmeowmeow!
22.01.2011 - 17:01
0rpheus

Written by Kitty on 22.01.2011 at 13:30

Written by 0rpheus on 21.01.2011 at 19:58

That's some real quality! I guess smoking is rather enjoyable when you only do it sometimes, but you smoke some qualified stuff.

I think so I agree with you.
----
I would prefer not to.
10.02.2011 - 04:06
AtLossForWords
Spinozistic
I like the thick and smooth turkish royals from Camel.
----
Proud owner of many erased pages.
10.02.2011 - 04:25
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
I smoked for 7 years. I just recently stopped cold turkey. I used to smoke marb reds.
11.02.2011 - 12:10
Wintersun616

I started with red LM, then when I was tight on money I smoked LD, which was the cheapest you could find in my area. Then I smoked green Smart and stopped for two years. Now I'm smoking Marlboro Blue Fresh. I like the taste and freshness of it.
17.02.2011 - 18:13
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by Wintersun616 on 11.02.2011 at 12:10

I started with red LM, then when I was tight on money I smoked LD, which was the cheapest you could find in my area. Then I smoked green Smart and stopped for two years. Now I'm smoking Marlboro Blue Fresh. I like the taste and freshness of it.

It's so hard for me to smoke flavored cigs.
01.03.2011 - 04:16
wormdrink414

Since I don't particularly care for the taste of cigarettes, I smoked Pall Malls for about a year or two. They're cheap and Kurt Vonnegut smoked them. That was enough for me. I noticed some time ago that my ashtray frequently filled up with half-smoked cigs, so I've switched to the even cheaper and shorter Marb 72's.

All of my smoking buddies tell me to switch to rollies. I'm weighing the pros and cons at the moment.

Oh, and I'm also weighing the pros and cons of quitting. Pros: potential for a longer, more healthy life. Cons: ... uh. My beer consumption might take a hit (beer and cigarettes go with one another like peanut butter and cigarettes).
01.03.2011 - 21:22
Lord Grim

I smoke Kool for the fact that where I currently am in the world, I cannot really get much else. Usually I smoke Marlboro Smooths or Camel Menthol Silvers... However; since I am deployed to Afghanistan, all I am smoking is Kool until something else comes in... But not too much else to select from, lame.
----
"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary in life."
02.03.2011 - 21:14
Metalmorphosis

Written by Wintersun616 on 11.02.2011 at 12:10

Well that's interesting. I also started with red LM (occasionally yellow camel). I couldn't even smoke light cigarettes, because it was just air for me. Anyway, after like 7 years of smoking the strongest cigs, I now smoke Marlboro Frost, I believe It's the same as Marlboro Blue Fresh. It has this blue minty stripe in the filter that makes the freshness and coolness. And now, after I have smoked Frost's for maybe 2 years, I can't stand any other regular cigarette, they just taste like shit to me.
03.03.2011 - 05:09
wormdrink414

Just bought a pack of USA Golds for $3.50.

Performance: 3
Songwriting: 2
Originality: 2
Production:1

Absolute garbage. They taste like paper, dirt, and bleach. Avoid at all costs (even $3.50).
03.03.2011 - 22:32
TehPrinceOfMetal

I only smoke when I drink, and I just want it to be menthol, I will buy Camel Crush's when I drink.
----
Now we gotta make the best of it, improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, shit happens, I Ching, whatever man, we gotta roll with it.
21.04.2011 - 22:24
Balthazine

I usually only smoke 1 or 2 cigs a day, and I usually buy and smoke Pall Malls. Simply because they are cheap and decent. But I'll smoke just about anything (that saying that I haven't tried very many kinds, so I'll smoke anything I've tried before).
----
Sometimes in metal they have called me:
The Minneapolis Metal Music Examiner -I write articles on metal in the MN area for Examiner.com
The Metal Detector -A history of digging up old forgotten metal bands
Thrash Master -Famous for my Walls O' Thrash
25.04.2011 - 19:07
therest

I smoke Philip Morris One-s. I like the lightest cigarettes. Not sure, if it is actually less harmful, but since I enjoy sitting outside and reading and smoking, I want to smoke several cigarettes in a row sometimes. The lightest type's don't make you feel sick when you occasionally chain-smoke.

Could anybody say, whether the 1 mg type-s are actually less harmful or is that just hokem?
----
"It's because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everybody does everything." - Homer Simpson

"Then hold to the fading colors
The grayest of life is yet to come"
- Întunecatul
25.04.2011 - 19:21
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by therest on 25.04.2011 at 19:07

I smoke Philip Morris One-s. I like the lightest cigarettes. Not sure, if it is actually less harmful, but since I enjoy sitting outside and reading and smoking, I want to smoke several cigarettes in a row sometimes. The lightest type's don't make you feel sick when you occasionally chain-smoke.

Could anybody say, whether the 1 mg type-s are actually less harmful or is that just hokem?

There used to be the lobbyist/government-mandated saying on my packs "Light refers to taste". Now I don't even smoke "Marlboro Lights", I smoke "Marlboro Golds". (Can't say lights on the packs)

But rather than listening to my federal parents and others who think they know what everyone should think and do, I'm going to say they definitely don't seem as harsh... I guess it's like drinking drain cleaner, you can drink it straight or water it down to make it "lighter"... either way it will affect your health in a negative way in the long-term.
27.04.2011 - 17:19
jazar94

I typically go with Decade Full Flavor 100's, because they're cheap, and I'm poor. It's a perfect mixture.

On a typical day, I smoke around a pack a day. There are those really crappy days where I get up to two or three packs, but it happens, I suppose.
08.07.2011 - 13:02
thomasblack

Earlier, I used to smoke frequently, almost 7 to 8 per day. Later, due to illness, I avoided smoking slowly. Again I started smoking 2 to 3 per day. Some of the brands I like are Altadis, Lorillard and Imperial Tobacco.
09.07.2011 - 17:46
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Anyone in Europe smoke lucky strikes?
09.07.2011 - 21:19
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.07.2011 at 17:46

I smoked lucky strikes(red) for 3 years, it was my favorite.
09.07.2011 - 21:32
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.07.2011 at 21:19

They are as American as can be but they are very hard to find here.
09.07.2011 - 21:36
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.07.2011 at 21:32

Written by Guest on 09.07.2011 at 21:19

They are as American as can be but they are very hard to find here.

Dude check what i said about lucky strikes in the previous page here
28.10.2011 - 04:23
second_coming89
Account deleted
Recently a new brand of cigarettes came out in The Bahamas called, Rush.

I first saw Rush advertised in a newspaper about a year ago saying it was similar to Rothman's.

I purchased a pack at a gas station last Saturday to try. They do taste harsh like Rothman's......they might even be more harsh.
28.10.2011 - 15:23
KwonVerge
Odysseus
I'm a heavy smoker, green Golden Virginia hand rolling tobacco, black swan filter tips and a greek product of rolling papers named in free translation "CigarPaper of the Grandpa" (since 1944)

Used to smoke red Winston, orange Chesterfield for a long period, a bit of malboro, a bit of lucky strike and another hand rolling tobacco i fail to remember at the moment And i have tried several other smoking brands, like davidoff but they were too expensive, those mentioned above are the ones that had the big impact on me, but Golden Virginia is love
----
Dec. 30, 1334.

...And the whiskey and wine entered our veins when blood was too weak to carry on.
28.10.2011 - 21:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by KwonVerge on 28.10.2011 at 15:23

I'm a heavy smoker, green Golden Virginia hand rolling tobacco, black swan filter tips and a greek product of rolling papers named in free translation "CigarPaper of the Grandpa" (since 1944)

Stiil smoking Roz and dont think about quiting
Rolling tabacco I like it to, I liked when I smoke it but it was fiew timnes, hard to do it outside, in our climate, but it was werry short period till I switch to cigares time to time, but rolling tab are sortha cooly
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.10.2011 - 21:51
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I'm a heavy smoker

You just want a deep voice so you can form a goth metal band. I'm on to you Rozz.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.10.2011 - 23:18
KwonVerge
Odysseus
Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.10.2011 at 21:51

I'm a heavy smoker

You just want a deep voice so you can form a goth metal band. I'm on to you Rozz.

Biatch, you revealed my goal, you stole the job from future paparazzis >.>
----
Dec. 30, 1334.

...And the whiskey and wine entered our veins when blood was too weak to carry on.
28.10.2011 - 23:18
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I have been smoking for 10 years now and I know it's a bad habbit.... But.... I used to smoke 1-2 packs a day when I was a teenager and then I decided tp quit.... And lasted for 6 months, started again. Since then I have been smoking up to half a pack a day, but then I went on a max. 2 pack a week and so far, it's working. I smoke 2-3 cigarettes a day, when I really have the craving for it. Of course I smoke some more if I go out, I can't imagine drinking coffee or beer without my cigarettes. I smoke LM Silver or West Blue, I have been somking West Blue since the beginning (was the first cigarette I have ever smoked), then I smoked Davidoff Gold for some years and as prices of tobacco have been rising a whole lot in the past few years, I went back to WB, because they were cheaper. Then someone said to me (and I don't know if it's true or not) that a trick to reduce smoking is smoking cigarettes with white filter (it was suppose to be thicker or loner or whatever - I still have no idea why would that work, but ok, let's try out) and I tried LM Silver because they're in the same price range as WB and I kinda got used to them, now I always almost smoke LM Silver. I also like Gauloises - yellow, Davidoff Gold and Blue, Black Devil - chocolate, Marlboro Light and sometimes I smoke Ronhill Ultima (my mom smokes them). I totally hate Boss and Lucky Strike tho
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.