Metal Storm logo
Moonspell - Cancel Entire Latin America Tour

Portuguese giants Moonspell are celebrating their 25th anniversary as a band and were ready to start an extensive Latin American Tour, kicking off in Mexico on May 25th. Unfortunately for their fans, the band has announced that all dates of their live performances had to be cancelled due to lack of professionalism from the local organizer, Cronos Entertainment. In their announcement, which you can read in full below, Moonspell apologize to the fans and promise to try and reschedule for a visit in 2018.

They explained: "It's with a heavy heart and a tremendous disappointment that we are forced to cancel all dates of the 25 years of Moonspell Latin American Tour. We have been visiting your beautiful territory since 1998 and we feel there's a big lunar love and respect from our fans there, quite unique in the whole world. Unfortunately, we have done our best and went to all possible limits to try and save this tour but as a band and as a management we reached a point when we just have to cancel these dates and postpone them to a future time.

"The behavior of Caio Schramm and his Company was unbelievably dishonest and unprofessional. Besides not meeting our demands, he simply didn't send any info to us, making it impossible for us to fulfil a tour where most dates have not gone into presale or when we just realized confirmations via social media messages or posts. For example Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro. Just 3 weeks before the tour not even half of the agreement was met, not even airfare tickets were booked. Having said that, we and our agency Napalm Events are working hard to contact all promoters to return advance payments and/or to reschedule the dates for a TBA time period in 2018 and advise them to return the ticket money to ticket buyers.

"To our fans: we know you will be angry and disappointed and that you will say what's in your mind, and that we've been warned and that you'll never want to see our face again but in fact we can only apologise, take responsibility of what happened and learn from it. Be sure we have never canceled a whole tour before and that we were as excited as you were to be there in 20 days. But we have to protect our band, our families, our career and having that in mind we will be back in no time, play special sets everywhere, have a new album 1755 in a language we all talk and understand, our biography and many new elements that will turn this failure into a victory, under the spell! No darkness without its hope: Moonspell."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Moonspell
Posted: 09.05.2017 by nikarg

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 172 users
09.05.2017 - 13:13
zikon

Riparoonies
----
"The poetry of the earth is never dead" John Keats
09.05.2017 - 14:20
The Melting Snow

Wait, what do they mean by "have a new album 1755 in a language we all talk and understand"

are they releasing it in English too?
09.05.2017 - 15:29
OpethFlames

Written by The Melting Snow on 09.05.2017 at 14:20

Wait, what do they mean by "have a new album 1755 in a language we all talk and understand"

I thought I read they were releasing it in Portuguese. Definitely not a language most talk or would understand, haha.
09.05.2017 - 17:12
BloodTears
ANA-thema

It's in Portuguese, which is why he is saying people in Latin America will understand it. Spanish and Portuguese are similar in a lot of ways. We understand each other
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
09.05.2017 - 17:14
nikarg

The announcement is addressed to Latin American fans who speak or at least understand Portuguese.
edit: BloodTears was faster than me, lol
09.05.2017 - 18:53
IBlackened

I think I can understand Portuguese
----
Their old stuff is better.
09.05.2017 - 22:54
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Music transcends language barriers so I couldn't care less about Moonspell singing in Portuguese. Who cares about the lyrics anyway....
09.05.2017 - 23:44
The Melting Snow

I want to learn portuguese
10.05.2017 - 19:19
s_t_s

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 09.05.2017 at 22:54

Music transcends language barriers so I couldn't care less about Moonspell singing in Portuguese. Who cares about the lyrics anyway....

Not saying that I'm really listening nor reading the lyrics yet I admit I know some lyrics in "Extinct". I'm not too fond of the idea of a full album in Portuguese but I'd rather have a good album in Portguese than a bad one in English
10.05.2017 - 20:19
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by s_t_s on 10.05.2017 at 19:19

Not saying that I'm really listening nor reading the lyrics yet I admit I know some lyrics in "Extinct". I'm not too fond of the idea of a full album in Portuguese but I'd rather have a good album in Portguese than a bad one in English

I do not give a hoot about the lyrics being in English or In Portuguese. I prefer to focus on the music. In this day and age, people focus way too much on lyrics than on music, which is one of the MANY reasons why modern music is lacking. Style over substance has become an art in these modern times.
11.05.2017 - 12:05
X-FrEaK

Written by OpethFlames on 09.05.2017 at 15:29

I thought I read they were releasing it in Portuguese. Definitely not a language most talk or would understand, haha.

Given that is the 6th most spoken language in the world I will disagree with you lol (joking)
----
11.05.2017 - 21:01
s_t_s

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 10.05.2017 at 20:19

Written by s_t_s on 10.05.2017 at 19:19

I do not give a hoot about the lyrics being in English or In Portuguese. I prefer to focus on the music. In this day and age, people focus way too much on lyrics than on music, which is one of the MANY reasons why modern music is lacking. Style over substance has become an art in these modern times.

Don't get me wrong, I'm feeling too lazy to read lyrics or when I do I don't get anything about it I didn't know even try to read the novel in Insomnium's Winter's Gate Yet it' nice to have one or more words to sing along. Anyway I really hope that this album will be the rightful sequel to Extinct !

Hits total: 2881 | This month: 10