03. Into Bottomless Perdition
04. Deploration
05. Infernal Beauty
06. Lucifer
07. Eclipse
08. The Reign Of Chaos And Old Night
09. The Emperor

Additional info
All instruments and vocals performed by Iskandar Hasnawi, Eve Gabrielle Siskind and Renaud Tschirner.
Recorded at Melody Studio.
Engineered by Sébastien Roland and Didier Chesneau.
Words and music by Hasnawi/Tschirner (except 2, 3, 6, 9: texts adapted from John Milton's Paradise Lost).

Found in 1 list
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 25 users
15.05.2017 - 21:50
Rating: 8
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I completed my Elend collection recently, so a marathon was given. This is certainly a very dark album but also with plenty of beautiful and even epic moments.

Elend's later releases evoke a strong and alarming sense of the impending end of the world. With these ones (debut and sophomore) however, the focus lies in a more religious/occult/luciferian setting, lectures in darkness as the album title would say. They may have lacked the production skills and the contacts to get real orchestral instruments but the songwriting is definitely there. The times they actually use a real violin are gorgeous (like in The Reign Of Chaos And Old Night).

Also, the screams are often very disturbing and convincing in their approach which is a great thing for this album as the contrast is what makes it unique... Just listen to those final screams on the last track.

"In this Capital of Hell, the Temple,
Worship your Emperor,
WOOOOOOOORSHIP LUCIFEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Fucking terrifying.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.

Hits total: 3557 | This month: 12