08. Desolate Gods

Found in 1 list
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 55 users
17.05.2017 - 22:06
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Dark Descent is on a fucking roll this year, dayum.
28.10.2017 - 00:32
Maco
Pvt Funderground
This one, Undergang and Memoriam are among my favorite old-school death metal albums this year.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
12.07.2023 - 11:46
Rating: 8
DarkWingedSoul

Non -fans shouldnt be allowed to vote, they just trash the rating unnecesarily.
12.07.2023 - 13:18
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by DarkWingedSoul on 12.07.2023 at 11:46

Non -fans shouldnt be allowed to vote, they just trash the rating unnecesarily.

I disagree, because the logic behind your approach is flawed. If everyone followed your example, there would be no bad music and not even a single mediocre album. Everything would be at least good, and that contradicts the purpose of a 10-level rating system.

We encourage the use of all gradations of the rating system for good reasons. Covering only the 7-10 range as you do has very little to do with meaningful average ratings and it thwarts the goal of displaying a honest collective opinion.
----
signatures = SPAM
12.07.2023 - 13:36
Rating: 8
DarkWingedSoul

Well maybe u are right or maybe its just me, not listening to genres i dont like, i would also rate some hardcore album quite low cause i dont like it, but why listen to it...why rate it if its not my kinda music. just thought it would be nice to see a death metal album rated by fans... that would also give more os less a picture if its good or not.
12.07.2023 - 15:03
Redel

Written by DarkWingedSoul on 12.07.2023 at 13:36

would be nice to see a death metal album rated by fans... that would also give more os less a picture if its good or not.

Not a meaningful picture at all if you ask me. And lets be honest, if we restricted the permission to rate to fans only, we would always, on any album, go like "Oh, another 8.7 rating on a mediocre album; and why is that? Right, because of the fan boys again.".

Hits total: 1453 | This month: 12