Metal Storm logo
Suggestion: Metalstorm.net radio embeded on the site?

20.05.2017 - 15:31
abysss
A metalstorm.net radio. The idea, the suggestion I have for this site is basically to have a player that streams playlists of promotional songs and singles from various bands. The purpose of such feature would be of course, to entertain, but above all to discover new bands one might like, especially new ones since they are mostly harder to promote and can remain in the shadows.
The player could feature a dropdown menu perhaps that gives us an option to choose and switch to some basic genres of metal playlists that the radio plays. So that if one switches to power metal, does not hear any black metal, and so on... But perhaps even an "all metal" genres option could be implemented to shuffle songs between genres, for those who want to discover the broader specter of metal music. Another useful option to chose would be "New bands" or perhaps even sorting them by year ...or maybe a feature where you could enter your favourite band and you get to hear songs from "Similar bands" list that lies under every band page here on metalstorm.

I'm curious, what do you think of this idea(s) guys?
20.05.2017 - 18:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Its old idea, we actually had it in old good days..nothing new, damn I mis .ee days and old users, staffers old folk, forum everything old
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.05.2017 - 02:27
abysss
I'm here since 2005, and I don't remember this website having a radio... I'm not saying there wasn't one, I just can't remeber.
21.05.2017 - 10:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by abysss on 21.05.2017 at 02:27

I'm here since 2005, and I don't remember this website having a radio... I'm not saying there wasn't one, I just can't remeber.

ask marcel , ivan, ivor, wratchild ... they can explain more, but there was MS radio
----

apos;'
[image]
21.05.2017 - 18:16
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
We had MS Radio back when I joined in 2004. It was fun and annoying at the same time. Basically it was one long user created ongoing playlist. I believe you had like a 3 song cap per (time increment) to request songs. So if someone put in three straight long ass prog songs culminating in a 20 minute Free Bird cover, I'd turn around and punish them with the ugliest, rawest bm I could find. There was a pretty good selection of tunes, I remember. Nothing like Spotify now, but there wasn't anything like Spotify then.

ultimately i think it cratered because there is too much legal work involved with having the audacity to stream songs on a website. Just look at youtube and how often people post songs or song vids, and how quickly they go down.

I still think a community listing of Spotify playlists could be fun. Not the same as MS Radio, but might be fun to check into a 20-25 track playlist arranged by Mr. Doctor or Apothecary.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
21.05.2017 - 19:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
And it also was I don't remember how often they changes a play list but not so often it has same and also MS had compilation downloads
Now we have basically all where you can listen music legally not buying CD, we had not such thing back in a days
doom-metal.com also had radio, gothmetal.net also ... if I rermmeber properly
----

apos;'
[image]