Metal Storm logo
Brendon Small - Returns With 'Galaktikon II'

Brendon Small, the mastermind behind Dethklok, is back with his second Galaktikon album and the first teaser has been unveiled. The wait for the second album from Brendon Small is finally over. After five long years, he is unleashing Galaktikon II: Become The Storm. The new album will be available on this planet on August 25th. The album is produced by the Dethklok producer Ulrich Wild and features Dethklok alumni Gene Hoglan and Bryan Beller.

"This is more of a Frank Herbert intergalactic war story with a splash of Flash Gordon high-stakes drama," Small said. "A planet divided, coming together to defeat something bigger. Can music bring an embattled planet together? Or are people really attracted to the calm lure of evil?"

About the music: "To be honest, I listened to very little metal while making this. It's nice to not be influenced by current trends and instead go back 20 or more years. I was listening to Paul Simon's first solo album, Paul Simon, after watching an old interview on the Dick Cavett show. I was very excited to hear his through-composed style of writing on the song 'Everything Put Together Falls Apart.' Not terribly metal though."

Small continued: "There are moments where I'm influenced by Billy Joel and Duran Duran-again, not metal. Of course I'm influenced by Soundgarden, Queen, Weezer, Metallica, ELO? Then I'll take all this stuff and add gallons of distortion and add crazy double kicks-care of the mighty Gene Hoglan. Then, finally, it becomes metal."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Brendon Small's Galaktikon
Posted: 25.05.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 38 users
25.05.2017 - 19:28
Ocean Sage
IT'S HAPPENING!
26.05.2017 - 20:51
Opethian
Sounds interesting.