Metal Storm logo
Adagio

Original post

Posted by , 24.05.2006 - 03:22
Well I search into the engine and I was stunned to see that no Topics have been created about Adagio!

What is Adagio would you say? In few words Adagio is for me the best metal band from France!

They play a great Symphonic prog/power inspired a lot by Symphony X known as to be their mentors. They released three album 'Sanctus Ignis' 'Underworld' and 'Dominate'.

The leader and spirit of the band is a french genius called Stephane Forte and is the guitar player of the band and composer!

Recently Adagio sacked David Readman (singer) and replaced him with Gus Mosanto a brazilian singer for IMO the best because Gus i just awesome in the new album...

Well let's here what you all people have to say about this band and please just don't post 'I Like Them' or 'They Are good'
02.02.2009 - 21:59
annodomini

I am impressed with new album. After Dominate, i wasn't expecting nothing like Underworld, so i get what i wanted. A hevay dark progressive metal, with good symphonic doze.
----
the riddle wants to be...
02.02.2009 - 22:19
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by annodomini on 02.02.2009 at 21:59

I am impressed with new album. After Dominate, i wasn't expecting nothing like Underworld, so i get what i wanted. A hevay dark progressive metal, with good symphonic doze.

but with average songwriting and rather unsatisfying vocals (something really irritates me in Christian Palin).
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
02.02.2009 - 22:34
annodomini

Thats what i wanted to mention was the vocals. For me they fit really well. What about soundswriting, yes the last songs are bit fillers, but at the end i enjoyed this album.
----
the riddle wants to be...
05.02.2009 - 23:15
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Actually the album is growing on me immensely, but still Palin is the worst Adagio singer up to date just like the album.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

18.02.2009 - 20:04
giok99

Listening to the new album, and i must say that i'm very please with the direction taken. The black/death vocals of Dominate aren't for me.

So even if the new singer is not so good, i find it ok. He fit in nicely.

Otherwise, the progressive aspect is perfect (I love the piano part).

Really nice album at this end.
----
Nothing is real
02.05.2009 - 16:32
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Have you seen anything like that? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRNMwNgYqvI. I didn't know Adagio had such a great bass player.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

03.05.2009 - 00:28
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I don't find the new album to be as good as anything they've done in the past but it's a great collection of songs nonetheless...most of the times I can't tell the difference from all the vocalists in their discography because a lot of what they do is so much the same...I wish they would just put out albums like Sanctus Ignis again...
31.12.2010 - 23:00
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
N E W . A L B U M in 2011 !!!!!!!!!!

That's what their myspace "status message" says. Hope it's true!
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

03.01.2011 - 05:19
Orpheus

I really hope that the band decides to be more progressive for the next album. Archangels was a bit of a disappointment, but it does have some nice tracks
18.07.2011 - 13:16
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Stephan Forte has finished working on his solo album. link

EDIT.

Stephan Forte: "Now that the Shadows Compendium album is done: Holidays !!!!.......for one week and then back to writing new Adagio album again. Writing process will be done before Sept 1st ! Happy holidays guys "
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

20.07.2011 - 23:22
thehondo

I am hoping the new album is more of a return to the Underworld sound. I feel that its possible with the hiring of Mats Levin who is not really known for "death" type vocals. Eventhough, I absolutely love Dominate and Archangels. Stephan is brilliant, I like his blend of styles, genres etc. I guess he just can't find his perfect vocalist!?
----
No time like the present
09.01.2012 - 08:28
Stabby
Account deleted
Just posted.

All I know is my face has been melted.
12.01.2012 - 12:50
Susan
Smeghead
Somehow I missed the news back in September but Kelly "Sundown" Carpenter is Agadio's new vocalist. Wow. I could NOT be happier I've been meaning to get more into Adagio for a while and I just worship Kelly's stunning voice. One singer worthy of the word "powerhouse." Seems like a great match!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
15.01.2012 - 01:10
wrathchild

Written by Susan on 12.01.2012 at 12:50

Somehow I missed the news back in September but Kelly "Sundown" Carpenter is Agadio's new vocalist. Wow. I could NOT be happier I've been meaning to get more into Adagio for a while and I just worship Kelly's stunning voice. One singer worthy of the word "powerhouse." Seems like a great match!

I do hope he's gonna bring the band a stable identity, in the sudio and live. Cause to me Adagio was a very promising band and they messed up big time after Underworld (even during the Underworld days in fact, basically when they started thinking that they needed stage costumes and makeup to emphasize the darker direction they had announced).
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
14.03.2012 - 23:15
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
I never listened to this band. Looking at the band's info page this might interest me. Where should I start?
----
rekt
15.03.2012 - 23:35
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by tea[m]ster on 14.03.2012 at 23:15

I never listened to this band. Looking at the band's info page this might interest me. Where should I start?

The beginning. The first two are more prog oriented (in the vein of Symphony X as they say); both are amazing. #3 - Dominate is a more aggressive and straight-forward prog power metal (but still a masterpiece in my opinion). #4 - Archangels in Black is a bit of a step down, and the band delves even more into the darker territory, with extended use of growls, but still considerably less than, say, Opeth to give you an idea. I think they are present just on a few songs.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

16.03.2012 - 21:59
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by K✞ulu on 15.03.2012 at 23:35

The beginning.

Thanks Ktulu for the explanations! I will see if I can dig some of this stuff up...
----
rekt