Metal Storm logo
Antimatter, anybody ever heard this band/project?

10.06.2017 - 17:25
TheAncienttOne

I've never really heard this guys music but I assume it must be a similar situation to Wrest/Leviathan or Scott Connors in Xasthur where a lone wolf, crushing every instrument in some bleak hobbit home in a bucolic setting, also does the vocals and production/mixing/mastering shit, etc...
10.06.2017 - 20:38
Polaria

At the start it was a collaboration between Duncan Patterson (who left Anathema circa 1998) and Mike Moss. They described the music as "satanic Portishead". I am not quite sure that bucolic is a fitting description in there
Patterson subsequently left to form Ion and pursue other projects, leaving Moss sole captain of the ship. Danny Cavanagh from Anathema has also been involved.
----
Life is all the pain we endeavour.
16.06.2017 - 21:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.06.2017 - 00:32
IronAngel

Written by Polaria on 10.06.2017 at 20:38

They described the music as "satanic Portishead".

More like Portishead on marshmallows, though. They are not remotely dark compared to Portishead.

First and second album are quite nice though, if you like atmospheric rock with some dubby, trip-hoppish flavor. I lapped it up when I was a kid, but they honestly come across as a bit second-rate to my more experienced ears now, having a wider familiarity with stuff in a similar vein.
15.07.2017 - 02:29
TheAncienttOne

Cool! I've since listened to a little bit of their stuff; I find it enjoyable. Also bucolic just means countryside, was actually quite perfect for pairing with a hobbit house description.
15.07.2017 - 14:55
ahmadali

Nice Post
----
Umair