Metal Storm logo
Myrkur - Shares Another New Song

Mareridt (translation: Nightmare) is the highly anticipated sophomore full-length from renowned Danish composer and multi-instrumentalist Myrkur. It was recorded between Copenhagen and Seattle with producer Randall Dunn and is due out September 15th on CD/LP/DLX 2xLP/Digital via Relapse Records. After "Två Kongunbarn," you can now listen to another new song, titled "Måneblôt", below.

According to Myrkur's Bandcamp page, "Mareridt is a rich juxtaposition of the dark and the light; the moon and the mother earth; the witch and the saint. Myrkur explores deeper into the mysterious and the feminine with 11 tracks that further progress her visionary blend of metal with gorgeous, stirring melodies, dark folk passages, choral arrangements and superb, horrific beauty. Further taking Myrkur to new artistic heights are lyrics in multiple languages, an unforgettable collaboration with Chelsea Wolfe and an array of special instrumentation including violin, mandola, folk drums, nyckelharpa (an ancient Swedish key harp), and Kulning (an ancient Scandinavian herding call). Mareridt is a profound manifestation of nightmares that demonstrates Myrkur as one of the truly exceptional artists of our time."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Myrkur
Posted: 29.06.2017 by nikarg

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 71 users
29.06.2017 - 13:45
nikarg

Beautiful song. The collaboration with Chelsea Wolfe also sounds very promising.
29.06.2017 - 14:24
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Oh yes. This is on point =)
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
29.06.2017 - 14:53
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I must say I enjoy both songs she released so far, maybe this one more.

The song she is doing with Chelsea Wolfe is called "Funeral". Now that seems fitting!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
30.06.2017 - 01:18
nikarg

Written by BloodTears on 29.06.2017 at 14:53

I must say I enjoy both songs she released so far, maybe this one more.

The song she is doing with Chelsea Wolfe is called "Funeral". Now that seems fitting!

There is a bonus track called Kvindelil in the deluxe version also featuring Chelsea Wolfe
And the first song she released is a bonus track as well.
Conclusion: Get the deluxe version

Hits total: 2183 | This month: 7