Metal Storm logo
Wolves In The Throne Room - Premiere New Song And Video

If you are curious about the new Wolves In The Throne Room record, recently revealed to be titled Thrice Woven, today is the day you can hear the first song from it. The song that the atmospheric black metallers decided to showcase is "Born From The Serpent's Eye". The album version of the tune is ten minutes long, with a middle section sung by Anna Von Hausswolff. But for this video, directed by metal documentarians Peter Beste and Nico Poalillo, the band gives us four-and-a-half minutes. Notably, this is also their first ever video.

"This is our first video," the band tells NPR. "We lit a bonfire and blasted through the first part of 'Born From The Serpent's Eye.' You'll have to listen to the full track to hear Anna Von Hausswolff's glory. This is the first time we'd played the song with Kody and it f****** slayed. Peter and Nico captured the magic. May the good fires blaze!"

Full song:

Grab the album this 22nd September via Artemisia Records.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Wolves In The Throne Room
Posted: 17.07.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 154 users
17.07.2017 - 21:18
koob
The long version is way better than the short one (feels rushed). Production is sick and the music not bad, I'm looking forward to hearing the full album !
17.07.2017 - 21:21
mz
Unimpressive.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
17.07.2017 - 22:15
nikarg
staff
I prefer the short version. It is a very good song.
17.07.2017 - 23:10
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
elite
Written by mz on 17.07.2017 at 21:21

Unimpressive.

Needs moar Celestite amirite?
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
18.07.2017 - 00:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Auntie Sahar on 17.07.2017 at 23:10

Written by mz on 17.07.2017 at 21:21

Unimpressive.

Needs moar Celestite amirite?

Please no.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.07.2017 - 00:53
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.07.2017 at 00:16

Please no.

Agreed. Away with that pseudo bodhi monk meditative drone ambient garbage that only wannabe queers and hipsters can appreciate. BACK TO THE METALS, MOTHAFUCKA!!!!!!!!!!! 666
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
18.07.2017 - 02:02
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Auntie Sahar on 18.07.2017 at 00:53

Agreed. Away with that pseudo bodhi monk meditative drone ambient garbage that only wannabe queers and hipsters can appreciate. BACK TO THE METALS, MOTHAFUCKA!!!!!!!!!!! 666

I'm ashamed by the fact that it took me a second to realize that this was sarcasm.
----
18.07.2017 - 04:11
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
elite
Written by Jaeryd on 18.07.2017 at 02:02

I'm ashamed by the fact that it took me a second to realize that this was sarcasm.

Celestite for life bro. I would definitely welcome the Weavers doing some side band to explore that sound more, or even incorporating it more into the BM WITTR sound. Fuck da h8ters
----

~ II. VII
18.07.2017 - 05:49
Awesome bonfire, awesome video. Fucking melodic \m/
----
See how it sings like a sad heart
And joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain
Or notes that fall gently, like rain.
18.07.2017 - 10:14
Reaper_Redeemer
Great song. Loved it.
18.07.2017 - 12:34
Paz
elite
Nothing groundbreaking, but they're still the best atmo BM band out there.
18.07.2017 - 20:30
InnerSelf
proofread free
Pretty much what I wanted the music to be. As always, nothing short of amazing.
What's different though is that it feels a bit more raw and compressed compared to the expansive sound of the last couple of full lengths, not that that's a bad thing, just something I feel I needed to point out since I actually thought they'd go further into the Ambient/Drone side of their music in this album.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
19.07.2017 - 19:27
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Sounds worse than anything else they've ever done, demos included. Honestly would have been nice if they expanded upon the Celestite sound as it seems they've run out of creative things to do with their BM sound. Still one of my favorite bands ever, but this song is just straight up boring as shit.
21.07.2017 - 23:03
Zap
Written by Auntie Sahar on 18.07.2017 at 04:11

Celestite for life bro. I would definitely welcome the Weavers doing some side band to explore that sound more

I was half-expecting/hoping that Drow Elixir would be exactly that, but their show at Roadburn sadly proved me wrong

Hits total: 3646 | This month: 5