Metal Storm logo
Enslaved - Announce New Album Details

Enslaved has finally revealed all about their new album and follow-up to In Times. The Norwegian black metal avantgardists just announced the release of their epic new studio album for October 13th, 2017. This 14th full-length "sets the musical mind-twisters free from genre boundaries and offers a unprecedented mix of prog, extreme metal and shoegaze on 8 tracks with a play time of more than an hour." Titled E, the album was once again written by the unholy alliance of guitarist Ivar Bjørnson (music, lyrics) and singer/bassist Grutle Kjellson (lyrics) and marks the introduction of their new keyboard master and clean vocalist Håkon Vinje. See the cover and song titles here.

The album was mixed and mastered at the Fascination Street Studios by the renowned Jens Bogren. Its cover artwork was once again hand-painted by the Norwegian artist Truls Espedal. As support for their sound journey, the quintet brought several guest musicians on board for the songs "Hiindsiight" and "Feathers Of Eolh", including Wardruna's Einar Kvitrafn Selvik, flutist Daniel Mage and jazz saxophonist Kjetil Møster.

You can now preorder the physical editions of the album here.

Tracklist:
01. Storm Son (10:54)
02. The River's Mouth (5:12)
03. Sacred Horse (8:12)
04. Axis Of The Worlds (7:49)
05. Feathers Of Eolh (8:06)
06. Hiindsiight (9:32)
Bonus tracks available on the digipak:
07. Djupet (7:39)
08. What Else Is There? (Röyksopp cover) (4:44)

Stay tuned for the first single "Storm Son" to be unveiled this Friday!

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Enslaved
Posted: 07.08.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 180 users
07.08.2017 - 18:43
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Woo, time to take a visit again to their back catalog to warmup for this. Cover is a bit lame though, sadly.
07.08.2017 - 20:22
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Really looking forward to this, especially after the departure of Herbrand Larsen. I'll be very pleased if the new keyboardist and clean vocalist, Håkon Vinje, can deliver some beautiful melodies like Herbrand did on 'Building With Fire' from the last album. The cover is nice and I really like the song titles too. Here's hoping the album is as good as their last few! \m/
----
The force will be with you, always.
07.08.2017 - 21:08
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Woah! It's good news monday.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
08.08.2017 - 00:22
Necrodamus
Artwork reminds me of Riitiir, which is a very good thing. Cannot wait to hear this one, Enslaved are on of the most consistent prog bands out there.
08.08.2017 - 04:48
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
As always, I love the art style, though I can't say much about the art itself. It's no worse than Ruun or Vertebrae, though, so I can't complain much.

As for the description of the album itself, it sounds exciting--seems they might actually be bringing some new elements into their sound and evolving a little bit further, which is what I'm hoping for. They're never going to put out another Isa or Monumension, but if they could get back to a bit of that epic-meets-strange feeling, that would be pretty cool.
----
08.08.2017 - 19:44
Sentenced Odiin
gothic.moorion@gmail.com
Amazing concept
----
Life has given me much, maybe taken more...
10.08.2017 - 10:09
The Galactician
Very excited for this, especially since the band seem so into it.
11.08.2017 - 11:11
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
I hope they bring harsh vocals down to a minimum. I listened to "In Times" yesterday and I kept thinking that lots of harsh vocals there simply didn't fit.

Hits total: 2783 | This month: 6