Metal Storm logo
Cradle Of Filth - New Song And Lyric Video Unveiled

UK's legendary extreme metal icons Cradle Of Filth have just released the second single off of their eagerly awaited 12th album, Cryptoriana: The Seductiveness Of Decay, to help build the anticipation. After the melodic first single "Heartbreak And Seance", today you can watch the 7-minute official lyric video for "You Will Know The Lion By His Claw". Enjoy it below and tell us if you liked it.

Commented singer Dani Filth: "This track is one of my favourite songs from the new Cryptoriana album - aside from 'Achingly Beautiful', 'Death And The Maiden' and the title track - due to its very unique flavour and its vehement brutality. The culminative strike is especially very Dusk... And Her Embrace era Black Metal?Inspired by the works of H. Rider Haggard, a Victorian author who schooled in my home town of Ipswich, this song uses the railroad annexation of the Transvaal in Africa during the 19th century to paint a vision of the greedy machinations of man coming up against a furious, displaced natural foe, thus posing an allegory for the downtrodden, revolting. I also have the latin of this expression tattooed on my arm (due to being the usual supercilious Leo!). The quote was made famous having been said in 1697 by Johann Bernoulli about Isaac Newton's anonymously submitted solution to Bernoulli's challenge regarding the Brachistochrone curve. So? Enjoy. Indulge. Desire. Darken."

September 22nd is the album's official release date via Nuclear Blast.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Cradle Of Filth
Posted: 08.08.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 150 users
08.08.2017 - 21:10
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Great riff after great riff. The present guitarists brought COF back to life. Who misses Allender ?
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
09.08.2017 - 02:50
ohmayhem

The last two minutes are fantastic, the whole song in general is great. This album is shaping up to be awesome.
09.08.2017 - 11:46
Mort.
Account deleted
WOOOW! My mind was blown! They're back! No, seriously, so awesome!
09.08.2017 - 12:01
raintrance

Cool video and good song. Don't like it quite as much as some of their Damnation&A Day/Nymphetamine stuff though.
09.08.2017 - 12:36
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by raintrance on 09.08.2017 at 12:01

Cool video and good song. Don't like it quite as much as some of their Damnation&A Day/Nymphetamine stuff though.

Nymphetamine is a terrible album, half of the songs there are total garbage.
09.08.2017 - 13:43
Lanthros

They are really trying again. As much as i want to like this though, i hear danis voice and its just not the same anymore. Not like vempire, dusk, and cruelty albums.
09.08.2017 - 23:15
Vermoorden

This is a brilliant song. Two great tracks so far.
09.08.2017 - 23:38
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Vermoorden on 09.08.2017 at 23:15

There are many more on the album.
10.08.2017 - 00:43
Lord Slothrop

Sounds fantastic. Can't wait to hear the entire album.
10.08.2017 - 12:13
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Daniell on 09.08.2017 at 23:38

Written by Vermoorden on 09.08.2017 at 23:15

There are many more on the album.

Have you listened to the whole thing already? These two songs are really good actually.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
10.08.2017 - 13:01
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by BloodTears on 10.08.2017 at 12:13

Have you listened to the whole thing already? These two songs are really good actually.

The album leaked a few weeks ago. It's not as good as I hoped, but it almost matches "Hammer" in terms of quality.
10.08.2017 - 16:20
Malignar

Not loving the first two songs they have released. This is better than the first song released, though. A little less aggressive than the previous album. The solos are great and the end of the song is good but it is pretty tame overall.

Hits total: 3513 | This month: 3