Metal Storm logo
Satyricon - Premiere New Song 'Deep Calleth Upon Deep'

The official lyric video for "Deep Calleth Upon Deep", the title track of the ninth album from Norwegian black metallers Satyricon, can be seen below. The disc will be released on September 22nd via Napalm Records and you can read the details about it here.

Satyr comments: "It was not easy to chose a song to represent this album as they are all so different. I consider them all to be a group of individuals with strong and unique personalities and together they make the album Deep Calleth Upon Deep.

"The title track is the only song we've done with baritone and regular guitar all the way through the song. I felt it was needed for the tonal depth I was looking for and to enhance the swing of the groove in the heavier parts. It also has mellotron, cello, violin and backing vocals by classical singer Håkon Kornstad where the cello supports the baritone guitar and the mellotron, violin and the backing vocals provide air and width to the sound. Consider it a journey, play it loud, close your eyes and head into the forest. That's what I do."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Satyricon
Posted: 12.08.2017 by nikarg

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 167 users
12.08.2017 - 13:20
Daniell
_爱情_
This sounds better than their last 3 albums. Let's hope the whole album will be as good.
12.08.2017 - 13:33
nikarg

Great song, everything about it is very carefully thought and executed.
12.08.2017 - 17:37
Malignar

Not in love with the production but the actual song is pretty good.
12.08.2017 - 20:51
The Entity

The track is good, but left me confused with Satyrs statements that this would be "beginning of something new" for Satyricon. Sounds just like a natural progression from their last album IMO. But its just a track, hopefully that statement holds more true for the album as a whole.
----
https://enigmaticalofficial.bandcamp.com/
Industrial / Cosmic Black Metal
12.08.2017 - 22:13
Malphas

I have to agree with the comments above, this is better than expected. A pleasant surprise.
----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
13.08.2017 - 10:30
s_t_s

Boring, simply boring. I know why I didn't follow this band too long : guitars and drums sound too shallow, the overall song lacks power (unless this is supposed to be so).
13.08.2017 - 17:26
Jeeers

Niice!

Hits total: 4199 | This month: 3