‹‹ Back to the Rock forum Pages: [1] 2 3
Users visited: 95  
Search this topic:  

MaidenVarius
Account deleted
  27.04.2007 at 04:47
Sigur Rós is one of the most amazing bands I have ever heard. With every listen, I notice I am short of breath. It's hard to describe the emotions when listening to these guys. There music is simply so beautiful they must have a thread. My favorite album is () with my favorite songs being Starálfur, Untitled #3 (Samskeyti), Untitled #8 (Popplagið) and Sæglópur!!! Let me know what you think!!
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts

27.04.2007 at 05:00
Takk... has to be my favorite album by them, followed by (). I listen to Sigur Ros almost everyday. It makes great white noise for reading. Just an amazing ambient rock band. Highly recomended for fans of Brian Eno, Sun 0))) and Earth.
----
(space for rent)
the stranger

27.04.2007 at 19:21
Sigur Rós is incredible. The first time I heard it back on 2005 I was blown away. I think sometimes their music has like a childlike atmosphere; like if it was meant to be heard by an infant, especially Takk... Also I think their videos are very good.
----
http://aljao.blogspot.com/(it's in Spanish)
Lucas
Mr. Noise

27.04.2007 at 19:29
Awesome band, really good stuff. 'Takk' is a masterpiece.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
Twilight
IntepridTraveler

29.04.2007 at 21:20
Sigur Rós is really a nice band. I like their last album, but ( ) is also quite good.
There live performance must be very special.
----
And when our eyes will meet there
We will recognize nothing's wrong
BloodTears
Stella Artois

11.05.2007 at 22:58
Sigur Rós seems to be a band "en vogue" at least here in Portugal, ive met several ppl who really love them maybe it is because they have played at least twice here in the last two years. Personally i know very little of them, i might of heard a couple of songs and thats it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.
Darktonny
Account deleted
  20.05.2007 at 01:52
I like them very much, yep. My favourite album is "Takk...", nearly followed by ().

Their music is just fantastic, amazing. I think the most important thing is that it helps you to relax and disconnect from the world.
Ancestral Moon

02.06.2007 at 19:50
I like them, and i adore Untitled #3.
Anyway I have to say they often bore me after a few listens.
----
¸.**.¸*·I am following my fishie... because my fish knows where to go·*¸.**.¸
Lucas
Mr. Noise

03.06.2007 at 13:14
After a few listens a day? I can imagine.

This band is obviously a band where I need to be in the mood for. If I'm not, I hate it, but if I am in the right mood, there is nothing better.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
Herzebeth

06.06.2007 at 05:52
Well, Sigur Rós is actually one of my favorite bands in the entire music scene, I have every album of theirs..(ok I don't have VON because it's really fucking hard to digest)

For me (), Takk... and Agaetis Byrjun (or whatever it's spelled) are total masterpieces, records that will stick with me till the day I die.

I can't say I have a favorite, when I'm feeling a little sad () is the best way for me, when I need to hear something beautiful but with some rockin' undertones I toss Takk... in my CD, when it's all about atmospheres and voices I'll play Agaetis...

A great and very versatile band, I can't even describe how much I love those 3 albums...I'm so waiting for the Takk... Follow Up.
----
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
  20.06.2007 at 02:28
I also listen to these guys almost every day! Their music videos are among the best I have ever seen. I like very many post rock bands, right now Yndi Halda comes to mind!! For about 4 months I listened to nothing but post rock groups with the obvious Maiden here and there (gotta keep listening to them).
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
  20.06.2007 at 02:29
I also listen to these guys almost every day! Their music videos are among the best I have ever seen. I like very many post rock bands, right now Yndi Halda comes to mind!! For about 4 months I listened to nothing but post rock groups....
Lucas
Mr. Noise

08.09.2007 at 20:46
Bought myself 'Takk' (anyone know what it means?) and I plan on buying some more of them.

By the way, the opening bassline in the second song of Takk is one of the most catchiest I've ever heard.
----

Clint W.

10.09.2007 at 07:15
Written by Lucas on 08.09.2007 at 20:46

Bought myself 'Takk' (anyone know what it means?) and I plan on buying some more of them.

By the way, the opening bassline in the second song of Takk is one of the most catchiest I've ever heard.

I've read that it means thanks. I own the album too.

I agree at times they can be amazing when in the mood, but sometimes I'll catch myself finding the band really annoying at that certain point in time. But I do really enjoy them. They can be quite cinematic and epic, but it seems most of the "Post" Rock scene is very talented. A rare find among music genre's.
----
The force will be with you, always.
Lucas
Mr. Noise

10.09.2007 at 09:32
Written by Clint W. on 10.09.2007 at 07:15

Written by Lucas on 08.09.2007 at 20:46

I've read that it means thanks. I own the album too.

I agree at times they can be amazing when in the mood, but sometimes I'll catch myself finding the band really annoying at that certain point in time. But I do really enjoy them. They can be quite cinematic and epic, but it seems most of the "Post" Rock scene is very talented. A rare find among music genre's.

In that case, many 'Takk' to you.

And you are very right. I love them when in the mood (which is usually at night) but they are a fucking annoying bunch of gays when I'm not.
----

MaidenVarius
Account deleted
  23.09.2007 at 10:43
They are coming out with a live dvd and a compilation of unreleased stuff which i am very excited for!
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts

24.09.2007 at 05:07
Written by Guest on 23.09.2007 at 10:43

They are coming out with a live dvd and a compilation of unreleased stuff which i am very excited for!

Do you know when it is coming out?
----
(space for rent)
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts

24.09.2007 at 05:07

----
(space for rent)
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
  22.10.2007 at 08:59
Written by Dane Train on 24.09.2007 at 05:07

I believe both are coming out in November, and another cd+dvd is coming out in january of 08
Øyvind
Grave Digger

22.10.2007 at 09:21
Wow, a thread on Metalstorm about Sigur Ros Now that's something I never expected. They are a great band, although you have to be in a certain mood to listen to them. I like the fact that they sing in Icelandic, the singer's got an awesome voice. I know that he's gay, but never mind, take Mercury for instance.
Their albums are true masterpieces, great stuff
----
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
  22.10.2007 at 09:30
Written by Øyvind on 22.10.2007 at 09:21

Wow, a thread on Metalstorm about Sigur Ros Now that's something I never expected. They are a great band, although you have to be in a certain mood to listen to them. I like the fact that they sing in Icelandic, the singer's got an awesome voice. I know that he's gay, but never mind, take Mercury for instance.
Their albums are true masterpieces, great stuff

Well this is in the rock forum part of metalstorm haha, and also they sing in hopelandic on most of their albums, and only sing in icelandic on a few songs, but I am really glad you enjoy them because they are a great band!
Øyvind
Grave Digger

22.10.2007 at 09:50
Written by Guest on 22.10.2007 at 09:30

Well this is in the rock forum part of metalstorm haha, and also they sing in hopelandic on most of their albums, and only sing in icelandic on a few songs, but I am really glad you enjoy them because they are a great band!

Yeah, rock, but I never thought... Never mind. Yes, I know about Hopelandic, some people tried to translate it into Icelandic, here's a link http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/interact/njosnavelin-interpretations.php
----
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
  16.01.2008 at 08:58
Written by Øyvind on 22.10.2007 at 09:50

Written by Guest on 22.10.2007 at 09:30

Yeah, rock, but I never thought... Never mind. Yes, I know about Hopelandic, some people tried to translate it into Icelandic, here's a link http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/interact/njosnavelin-interpretations.php

Sorry it's taken so long to reply to you, but that is crazy, people are actually trying to translate it? I think the language is completely made up...
Øyvind
Grave Digger

16.01.2008 at 11:10
Yes, it is completely made up, but you know humans are always trying to find some meaning in everything, even in Hopelandic.
----
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
  10.03.2008 at 22:15
Well that is indeed very true, anyway with their compilation out for awhile, I think I have decided that it seems to be a completely worthless buy, however I am anxiously awaiting their dvd!
Darky
Account deleted
  16.03.2008 at 03:15
Sigur Rós are wonderful and Takk is an amazing album. I dont know how many concerts Ive been on.

Sigur Rós has been an amazing influence to Iceland and has helped us a lot on "going a little more international". I think every Icelander likes Sigur Rós in some way. Takk, Sigur Rós.
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
  29.04.2008 at 08:50
Written by Guest on 16.03.2008 at 03:15

Sigur Rós are wonderful and Takk is an amazing album. I dont know how many concerts Ive been on.

Sigur Rós has been an amazing influence to Iceland and has helped us a lot on "going a little more international". I think every Icelander likes Sigur Rós in some way. Takk, Sigur Rós.

I have always been a fan of iceland, and plan to go there someday. I absolutely love the language and its culture (for such a small country they should proud of what they have accomplished). Of course I must say I am also a fan of its football team as well!
Darky
Account deleted
  01.05.2008 at 18:38
Written by Guest on 29.04.2008 at 08:50

Written by Guest on 16.03.2008 at 03:15

I have always been a fan of iceland, and plan to go there someday. I absolutely love the language and its culture (for such a small country they should proud of what they have accomplished). Of course I must say I am also a fan of its football team as well!

I love my country and I cant imagine living anywhere else but I am getting a little annoyed by several things like the police and how we are treating our nature.. but we are a proud country. 1900 we were nothing and in just a few years we became one of the most wealthiest countries of the world.

Our football team sucks though haha!
DreamWeaver

03.06.2008 at 07:45
Sigur Rós is well known for having great emotional songs. But they have awesome videos too. This one makes me cry like a baby.
----
Southern Wind
Übermensch

05.06.2008 at 01:14
Is that Sigur Ros documental "Heim" worth to see? they're showing it in some cinemas here and, I mean, if anyway I'll have to sit among hordes of indie fags the least I can ask for is to enjoy the movie

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: [1] 2 3

Login or register to post here.