05. Someone You Used To Know
06. Dead To Me
07. Halo
08. I Cannot Raise The Dead
09. The Ghost And The Reaper
10. Heaven Of Your Heart
11. Only One Who Knows Me

Additional info
Written and produced by Jani Liimatainen.

Found in 9 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 15   Visited by: 429 users
11.11.2017 - 14:40
Rating: 10
AljanahLyra

I really like this album! Anette has a beautiful voice and Jani wrote perfect music and lyrics as always^^
----
"I'm not going to fuck you Carmilla, I'm too pissed off."
~Godbrand, Castlevania~
11.11.2017 - 20:10
tiny dog ghosts

It's really really poppy and really really simple, but I think that's a strength and I dig it. It's basically a really nicely mastered Wishmaster tribute and that's fine. Annete sounds really good and the whole thing is catchy and pretty solid. Good job although if they do more, they need to branch out a bit as it is all a bit samey after a while.
13.11.2017 - 17:46
Rating: 7
bddidier

It is a bit repetitive and there is a few mehhh... songs. Overall it is easy to the ears but quite forgettable really.
13.11.2017 - 21:46
Rating: 6
Nick Carter

They can do better... way much better.
----
#MetalIsForEveryone
14.11.2017 - 07:40
Rating: 8
The Melting Snow

It's good. catchy and simple.

PS. much better and much more metal than Nightwish The album has more riffs and solos than Nightwish's last 3 albums combined
17.11.2017 - 09:27
Litvin

Star team, me personally never like Anette's vocal on Nightwish albums but on this one it is OK and the music is great.

This one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZsuGtv3-co is just pure Nightwish 2000s reminds Wishmaster album a lot.

And yeah the modern Nightwish just sucks in comparison to this one, even Nightwish have a fulltime pipes member, and Floor Jansen that Tuomas Holopainen does not allow to sign Tarjas voice on the latest album, LOL, however Imaginaerum with Anette wasn't so bad.

UPDATE: just listen to the album a couple of times, and yeahh it is OK but, it is too much poppy, music is not bad mostly, lyrics is mostly crap, Anettes voice is OK this time.
17.11.2017 - 15:30
Polaria

Vocals are OK, music is OK, but the two together is a solid meh, because none of them gives this album the oomph needed to elevate it to great.
Either they should have chosen a male vocalist, or they should have seriously restrained the keyboard fluff and make a more guitar-oriented album.
----
Life is all the pain we endeavour.
18.11.2017 - 23:51
Rating: 9
phanto

Better than nightwish. less symphonic, more catchy metal
01.12.2017 - 03:39
Cassian

How I miss Anette's voice. Nightwish's loss.
05.12.2017 - 07:08
Stunning Cactus

Can't stand Anette's mediocre voice. Ugh.
07.01.2018 - 13:34
Rating: 7
I'm in two minds on this one, the good tracks are good and the mediocre ones are, well mediocre, it's a bit formulaic too, but it's a decent debut.
11.01.2018 - 20:31
musclassia

Basically sounds like a mixture of Cain's Offering, Amaranthe and Anette-era Nightwish, and for the most part I kinda enjoy it. Think Annette's vocals fit pretty well here, and the songs are generally somewhat entertaining, if not greatl. Someone You Used To Know is a pretty tedious ballad with cringly lyrics though
13.02.2018 - 09:51
Rating: 8
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Was Someone You Used To Know originally meant to be a Cain's Offering song? A lot of it sounds like it was written with Timo Kotipelto's voice in mind, and I reckon some parts would sound better with his voice rather than Olzon's.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
27.02.2018 - 14:06
ScottyM

Glad to see Anette carry the torch, but dear God the music videos are hard to watch. I'm no doctor, but I want to prescribe the drummer 300 cc's of an Arm and Hammer enema.
22.08.2018 - 00:57
Ruchesko

You could switch Olzon out for just about any Euro-metal diva, but any Jani is good Jani these days.

Hits total: 7349 | This month: 13