Metal Storm logo
The Black Dahlia Murder

Original post

Posted by , 24.05.2006 - 15:27
Well i made a topic of this band because they are an awesome band... really hard and well i recently get unhallowed and wow and said wow it's good BUT MIASMA IS BETTER ( when i listen to it i get really crazy .. try a vulgar picture,spite suicide and miasma ofcourse)
i think this is a good good band
so what is your opinion about it?
16.12.2006 - 01:59
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
omfg...every time someone refers to BDM as being black, a piece of my soul dies inside
16.12.2006 - 02:13
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
...What dumbass would say they were black?
03.03.2007 - 01:59
EvilWoman
Account deleted
I've discovered this band some months ago... I think "Funeral Thirst" is their best song! I'd like to see them this summer at Wacken Open Air in Germany...
10.03.2007 - 08:13
Icewings
La Luna
Well I respect them and everything , every band deserves respect but I personally don't find them interesting at all , It is just not appealing to my ears and to me , for some reason I just I don't know , anyways I always thought they had something of Metalcore I might be wrong but I wouldn't consider them Black ... not sure
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
10.03.2007 - 09:52
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Icewings on 10.03.2007 at 08:13

I always thought they had something of Metalcore I might be wrong but I wouldn't consider them Black ... not sure

no there are no elements of metalcore in their music... imagine melodic death metal music having most of its parts sung in black metal style vocals: this is what the band's music is actually like. They're not at all black metal, so you're right when you don't consider them black metal.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
10.03.2007 - 15:30
Anathemani@c

I haven't heard The Black Dahlia Murder at all, except from a cover to the Rolling Stones song called "Paint it black"... I liked it. What would you suggest me to listen from them?:kopkop:
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
10.03.2007 - 18:11
Icewings
La Luna
Written by Paganblood on 10.03.2007 at 09:52

I always thought they had something of Metalcore I might be wrong but I wouldn't consider them Black ... not sure

no there are no elements of metalcore in their music... imagine melodic death metal music having most of its parts sung in black metal style vocals: this is what the band's music is actually like. They're not at all black metal, so you're right when you don't consider them black metal.

Ohh I see , well like I said I wasn't sure but thanks for the explanation and like I said I respect it but It just doesn't call my attention , and you know I have noticed that when you study music so deep and everything my ear has become demanding so well , but the story of their name is interesting ... Thank you
----

11.03.2007 - 00:52
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Anathemani@c on 10.03.2007 at 15:30

I haven't heard The Black Dahlia Murder at all, except from a cover to the Rolling Stones song called "Paint it black"... I liked it. What would you suggest me to listen from them?:kopkop:

I think you're confusing them with The Agony Scene. I don't think TBDM has ever covered that song, but I could be wrong.
11.03.2007 - 10:23
Anathemani@c

Written by Dangerboner on 11.03.2007 at 00:52

Written by Anathemani@c on 10.03.2007 at 15:30

I think you're confusing them with The Agony Scene. I don't think TBDM has ever covered that song, but I could be wrong.

I dont know..But the song I downloaded is entitled : "The black dahlia murder- paint it black[cover]".. Maybe they have cheated me...I dont know!
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
11.03.2007 - 13:39
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Icewings on 10.03.2007 at 18:11

Written by Paganblood on 10.03.2007 at 09:52

Ohh I see , well like I said I wasn't sure but thanks for the explanation and like I said I respect it but It just doesn't call my attention , and you know I have noticed that when you study music so deep and everything my ear has become demanding so well , but the story of their name is interesting ... Thank you

I missed something: I didn't know about the band's latest release, and this release (called 'Miasma' or something like this) seems to be metalcore. I discovered this from metal-archives. I can't comment furthur since I havent listened to this new album of theirs.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
11.03.2007 - 16:05
Icewings
La Luna
Quote:
I missed something: I didn't know about the band's latest release, and this release (called 'Miasma' or something like this) seems to be metalcore. I discovered this from metal-archives. I can't comment furthur since I havent listened to this new album of theirs.

Ohh wow dear, so they do have something of Metalcore but is their last stuff , yeah well if you listen tell me what you think ...
----

16.03.2007 - 00:09
HauntingNazareth
Account deleted
I tried to like this band a number of times, but I just cant. To me the riffs of this band are just like, uncoordinated... I know I'm gonna get alot of disagreements with that though. Haha. Oh well.
12.06.2007 - 07:25
Nazeef

Well, first albums weren't that good, they sounded amateurish.
Then with MIASMA, it was a revolution in their music, it highly energetic and thrashy!!!
They sound obviously american
Flies and Miasma are my best tracks on that album, they kick asses!!!
----
http://www.myspace.com/shallishine
12.06.2007 - 07:48
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
Both Unhallowed and Miasma are great albums. Kickass band. I didn't know they were releasing a new album soon, until I checked Metal-Archives. I'll have to check it out.
12.08.2007 - 04:32
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Has anyone heard the new song on their Myspace page? I think it's pretty terrible; the vocals suck and the riffing isn't too original. You don't actually hear any low vocals until 2:30 into the song, and even those vocals are weaker than usual.
17.08.2007 - 14:52
Darkside Momo
Retired
Well, I've listened to Miasma and I didn't find it really interesting. Not really original and boring after a fex listenings... Sorry !
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
23.08.2007 - 00:32
Remus

Written by Guest on 16.03.2007 at 00:09

I tried to like this band a number of times, but I just cant. To me the riffs of this band are just like, uncoordinated... I know I'm gonna get alot of disagreements with that though. Haha. Oh well.

Actually, good riffs is all they have! They have no melodies...
And there's definately metal-core elements in "Miasma" but somehow they make it bearable. I like these guys, but then i've allready said that.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
27.09.2007 - 03:53
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I bought the new album yesterday and I'm actually a little surprised. I pretty much gave up on this band after I bought Miasma on the first day it came out. That album just completely turned me off and after hearing the new song on their MySpace page I wasn't even planning on buying it. But for some reason I did, and it's better than I thought.

Granted, it comes no where near Unhallowed, but Nokturnal is much faster than Miasma and it kind of goes back to their original sound. The only exception to that would be that the high vocals are not only much weaker than ever before, but more persistent. That's something that doesn't make any sense to me. If Trevor is losing his ability to scream, why doesn't he just growl low more often? His grunts still sound fine, but it's just so irritating to hear him scream.

Anyways, they're playing fast again and they have a shit load of solos, so if you liked this band before, I'm sure you'll dig Nokturnal.
17.09.2008 - 23:13
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
i really enjoy this band there music is really creative
17.09.2008 - 23:30
VELVET (O)
Account deleted
I remember when I heard Unhallowed all those years ago and really liked it as it sounded like a slightly darker version of At The Gates. Back then it wasn't quite as unoriginal to rip them off. Never did listen to Miasma but I did hear Nocturnal a while back and I didn't like it one bit. Their move into actual death metal wasn't the best one as far as I'm concerned, their new style was pretty grating. I might go and get hold of Unhallowed again for the nostalgia.
05.10.2008 - 17:55
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I saw them live. Not at all impressed.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
09.10.2008 - 01:18
BurkeTheGreat
Account deleted
Black Dahlia Murder is awesome. My friend was like listen to this....... And I was like Sweeeeeeeeeeet, Death Metal all the way!
21.06.2009 - 02:10
Doomed
Account deleted
I worship this band .....and "Miasma" is the best album espically "i'm charming" , "vulgar picture" and "Miasma" ,,,, i think they play Melodic death with Metalcore breakdowns .....so can we say that the play Melodic deathcore ....i think that
08.08.2009 - 09:13
wormdrink414

After one gets past Trevor's unique voice and the fact that TBDM looks like a deathcore band and appeals to the deathcore crowd, early TBDM can be very enjoyable. Unhallowed and Miasma are, in truth, brimming with powerful tracks, each with the sort of raw energy that seems to have left the melodeath genre some time ago. Respect for Trevor's voice and the band's so-called "juvenile" on stage antics are acquired tastes, a fact that serves both a strong liking I have of the band and a recognition that what they do is not top shelf metal. I am guilty of judging bands by their "covers" (so to speak) from time to time. I have done it with Immortal and TBDM, for both of which I came to quick unjustified and negative conclusions. Both bands have surprised me, TBDM especially. Although they look like a deathcore band and use scream-like vocals, TBDM is a metal band through and through and provide all the headbanging goodness of decent death metal. Nocturnal, on the other hand, was a very mediocre release, but after seeing them live a few weeks ago (they were with Corpse, Behemoth and a shitty metalcore band called God Forbid), I'm pretty confident that what they will do in the future will be better..
10.08.2009 - 02:21
knotalint

Yea i got into these guys in high school, and have met them several times, even got to chatting with a few of them on aim every now and then

they are a cute replacement for at the gates...

black metal? hell no...but pretty decent melodic death...nice guys as well..although they are burnt out like crazy...like serious pot head status
24.09.2009 - 01:47
spirit_inblack
harshhead
I don't care what anyone says, I really enjoy TBDM, even if they are unoriginal... to me it's fun music to listen to and they have some nice riffs and soloing and I REALLY want to go to a live show. They're playing a couple hours away from me in a couple weeks, but i dunno if i am going to go or not. I'm such a poser. xD

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the new album is pretty good, although my favourite part might be the cover art lol
30.09.2009 - 11:24
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The new album sounds like Nokturnal part 2, but maybe faster and with weaker vocals.
30.09.2009 - 16:23
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Hm, I thought I'd give these guys another chance and checked out some of their new shit via youtube. It seems like they are part of a new era nu-metal, right up there with Lamb Of God, and what ever else MTV is shoving down kids throats these days - although, it could be a lot worse. Perhaps Americans should just leave metal alone for a while...
30.09.2009 - 16:27
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Written by Guest on 16.12.2006 at 02:13

...What dumbass would say they were black?

You'd be surprised man. When I was living in the US, there was this bar in Washington I worked at for two differant terms. During my second "tour" we had some odd rasta mixed band playing that night, and I was outside for a smoke and started talking to the vocalist of this band and we were discussing music a bit, what bands we were in and all that kind of shit. I mentioned I was in a BM band and of course listened to a lot of differant bands from the genre, and he said he was "all into black metal too, bands like TBDM..." I couldn't believe he thought they were black metal, needless to say I didn't bother getting in touch with him to become one of our live musicians.
01.10.2009 - 03:13
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Their new album blows. I was quite entertained by Nocturnal back when it came out and thought it was some good stuff but it wore out on me. As for Deflorate, well it really is just unimpressive and very repetitive.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln