Metal Storm logo
Ensiferum - Fan Names Star After Band, New Video Online

From Ensiferum's homepage;

"Now it is offcial, Ensiferum is a star.

The Russian Ensiferum Fan Club has given the band a gift of astronomical proportions, as on their request the Russian International Star Catalogue Space Earth has denominated a star in the Ursa Major constellation after the Finnish metal band.

The star, located in

magnitude 15.3
Ascension [RA] 16 00 19.14
Declination [Dec] +66 52 06.1"

In other news, the video for 'Ahti' has now been uploaded on YouTube; you can watch it here. This is the first video from Ensiferum's latest album, 'Victory Songs'.

Source: ensiferum.com
Band profile: Ensiferum
Posted: 02.05.2007 by RavenLord

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 17 users
02.05.2007 - 08:44
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Well, that video made no sense, but the cinematography and setting looked really good.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
02.05.2007 - 09:29
insanity.peppers

Written by Doc G. on 02.05.2007 at 08:44

Well, that video made no sense, but the cinematography and setting looked really good.

Yeah, boring, made no sense and wasn't even edited to flow with the music. Not only that ... we didnt see the band!!!!
02.05.2007 - 11:48
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
star named after a band! strange indeed... so can we come to hear of a star named 'vomit remnants' in the future?
----
that which shines without names and forms...
02.05.2007 - 13:31
..HumanError..
Account deleted
Haha! That video really made me laugh! I reeeeaaally wonder what was the girl doing before the guy came and busted her ! Hahaha!

And about that star named Ensiferum... What if the bands splits up ? They could just have named it Petri Lindroos .

And I'm very sad I didn't see him in that video too.
02.05.2007 - 14:39
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Bah, non-sense video, you all are right! And there isn't the band... Bad
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
02.05.2007 - 15:59
Frostulv
Account deleted
Hmmm, this video is kinda weird, but some of the comments on YouTube said that if you have read Kalevala, you would understand it.

And as for naming a star, I've heard about it once before. A few years ago, I think a fan did the same thing for Nightwish. Come on - let's see how many Finnish bands we get to see on the nightsky! XD
02.05.2007 - 18:06
Thryce
Retired Staff
Calling your Coca Cola Lordi. Calling your baby Metallica. Calling your star Ensiferum.
What's next? Calling your willie Thin Lizzy aka Emperor
----
Your favorite band sucks.
02.05.2007 - 18:34
Bararey
Winter is Coming
This can't be the last version of the video! I just don't see a relation to the song!
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
02.05.2007 - 18:52
Fhuesc

Can someone explian me whats the story of the video, in case theres one, who's the bad guy?
Unlike some of you, i think is cool that the band doesnt apear at all.
The star thing i think is funny.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
02.05.2007 - 19:31
Milutin
Account deleted
I didn't watched the video, but this star naming thing is cool. Ensiferum have their name written in the stars now and they should be proud.
03.05.2007 - 07:46
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by insanity.peppers on 02.05.2007 at 09:29

Written by Doc G. on 02.05.2007 at 08:44

Yeah, boring, made no sense and wasn't even edited to flow with the music. Not only that ... we didnt see the band!!!!

Yeah I forgot to mention the music flow, it looks like an AMv some kid put together....and a terribly made one at that.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin

Hits total: 3516 | This month: 7