Metal Storm logo
Peste Noire - 3rd album probably in a few weeks.

Original post

Posted by -tom-, 02.05.2007 - 15:28
Myspace/mp3s: http://www.myspace.com/pestenoiremetal

I could of sworn there was a thread on this band but it doesn't seem there is. Wasn't much of a fan of this band at first but they've grown on me a lot. They've got a new LP out which combines their last demo and 4 new tracks. Supposedly a rehearsal recording though it actually sounds about the same as the album. Good stuff.

Anyone else care?

EDIT: June 18th: New album out. Contact rosenkrantz.st@club-internet.fr
04.06.2009 - 22:30
Krankheit
Account deleted
Written by John Barleycorn on 04.06.2009 at 21:33

Btw. the part where Famine yells "LALALALA" in the second track is soooo brilliant.

Oh yes! Totally agree with you on that.
06.07.2009 - 15:13
TheBigRossowski

Well, found the ''deal'' on Transcendental with a Shirt and the new CD, so I ordered it. Shirt is okay...

Ballade sounds like it was created by some dipshit with a nine-toed woman, a.k.a a fuckin' amateur. The Dude is not happy with it.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
11.07.2009 - 11:52
TheBigRossowski

The third album has really grown on me, with its original sound and disturbing militaristic motives. I consider it to be amongst the finest in 2009 even. I also think that the female vocals are put to good use, which makes this release completely different from Amesoeurs's full-length where the vocals are simply wasted.
Btw. the part where Famine yells "LALALALA" in the second track is soooo brilliant.

I can't stand it. I listened to it the whole day at work yesterday. When I listen to La Sancie, I wonder, what the fuck happened? The love for their country just somehow overwhelmed them and they decided to shit out...well, shit. Fucking French....nothing ever changes...fucking Satanic Nationalists (according to the Note in the sleeve).

It's just boring.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
11.07.2009 - 12:02
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
Written by TheBigRossowski on 11.07.2009 at 11:52

The third album has really grown on me, with its original sound and disturbing militaristic motives. I consider it to be amongst the finest in 2009 even. I also think that the female vocals are put to good use, which makes this release completely different from Amesoeurs's full-length where the vocals are simply wasted.

I can't stand it. I listened to it the whole day at work yesterday. When I listen to La Sancie, I wonder, what the fuck happened? The love for their country just somehow overwhelmed them and they decided to shit out...well, shit. Fucking French....nothing ever changes...fucking Satanic Nationalists (according to the Note in the sleeve).

It's just boring.

Well, I can understand if somebody can't stand it, after all, it really is a weird album (I didn't reall like it myself at first, tbh). Then again, I even enjoy "Folkfuck Folie" which most of the people seem to hate. I love the direction Famine has taken. When "La Sanie..." was a high-quality album, it was at the same time quite predictable, "Ballade", on the other hand, sounds really fresh and didn't fit with any of my expectations.
My favorite bm album this year probably. Can't say I've listened many new albums, though.
14.10.2018 - 11:43
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Can someone sum up the NBSM references that got this band removed from MS?

I am not arguing, just being currious...because I remember discussing it here
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

15.10.2018 - 02:26
nikarg

Written by Ellrohir on 14.10.2018 at 11:43

Can someone sum up the NBSM references that got this band removed from MS?

I am not arguing, just being curious...because I remember discussing it here

An example, this is from the track Aryan Supremacy:

"Slay them all
Defend our pride
Don't let this scum
Corrupt our nation

No equality
Fight against judeo-christianity"

That said, L'Ordure À L'État Pur is fucking brilliant.
15.10.2018 - 15:56
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by nikarg on 15.10.2018 at 02:26
That said, L'Ordure À L'État Pur is fucking brilliant.

Indeed it is. Hell, I even wrote a shining review of it back when Peste Noire was still around here. That being said, I aproove the decision to have them removed.
I'm a huge fan of all their work but I do have to admit it's been a while since I had my Peste Noire tshirt on me at a concert haha.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
15.10.2018 - 21:03
VIG
Account deleted
I fucking love Death Grips but I would approve a decision of having them removed..
17.10.2018 - 09:47
nikarg

New track released, musically one of the best Peste Noire songs I've ever heard.
The lyrics are as shitty as always:
"White, white like our people, pure and royal are our hearts
Black, black like manure, is the earth that will drink your suffering"

03.01.2019 - 18:37
Starvynth
i c deaf people
I really do appreciate MS's policy to exclude bands spreading NS propaganda, extreme nationalism and racism. In fact, it feels good not to see too many of the brown scumbags right here.
On the other hand, I am really curious how Peste Noire's last album would have ended up ratingwise on MS. I think their lunatic black metal is very special and refreshing.
I guess we will never know...
----
signatures = SPAM