Metal Storm logo
Peste Noire - 3rd album probably in a few weeks.

02.05.2007 - 15:28
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Myspace/mp3s: http://www.myspace.com/pestenoiremetal

I could of sworn there was a thread on this band but it doesn't seem there is. Wasn't much of a fan of this band at first but they've grown on me a lot. They've got a new LP out which combines their last demo and 4 new tracks. Supposedly a rehearsal recording though it actually sounds about the same as the album. Good stuff.

Anyone else care?

EDIT: June 18th: New album out. Contact rosenkrantz.st@club-internet.fr
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
02.05.2007 - 19:31
Damnated
Churchburner
there was a thread on these guys, maybe it got deleted or smt.

anyways, i used to be a big peste noire fanboy, but i'm half a fan as i was a year ago; still, i'm still interested in this album. it didn't leak yet, so can't say anything about it. i'm kinda surprised, though, that they're realising 4 old songs as a full length, and not as an EP. but who cares about these things, anyways?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
02.05.2007 - 19:57
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
I've changed the metal-archives info to list it as a compilation now seeing as it combines a demo and four rehearsal tracks which will appear on the next full-length.

Not that important though. Good music. That's all that matters.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
03.05.2007 - 00:01
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I think that their album was bad enough to sapend anytime listening to demos re-recording... wake me up if the new tracks are really groundbreaking.
13.05.2007 - 19:59
Damnated
Churchburner
the new album/release/whatever is quite good. i have to give it a couple more listens to actually comment it , but atm i really like it.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
18.06.2007 - 16:12
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
2nd album entitled 'Folkfuck Folie' is out as of 30 minutes ago.

E-mail rosenkrantz.st@club-internet.fr for copies.
----

Read Watchmen.
27.06.2007 - 12:14
Damnated
Churchburner
the new album leaked. after the first listen it sounds pretty good boring. lol. i was drunk when i listened to it for the first time. too bad i came back for a second look...
----

11.07.2007 - 23:49
legion1349

Yeah, Peste Noire's second album really isint anything special. "La Sanie des siècles - Panégyrique de la dégénérescence" is one of the greatest BM albums to be released in quite some time.

However "Folkfuck Folie" dosen't match the previous album at all. Evreything from the vocals and the memorable solos are just not present on this album.
13.07.2007 - 15:18
Bubonic

It isn't as good as "La Sanie des siècles", but's still Peste Noire, and Peste Noire is unique.
15.07.2007 - 18:15
Damnated
Churchburner
Some videos from the band's first gig @ 23/06/07

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4yWwH-E-q4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAgCU_dg_x4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0adnXC5F1A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoqBJik4Ncw

apparently some neo nazi scum trolled the show

Quote:

A priori, the great majority of the people didn't support the first groups (even not Nuit Noire) because they were here only for Peste Noire and prefered to have some beers before the main show.
And when Peste Noire arrived, some "Maréchal nous voilà" (song at the honor of the Maréchal Pétain who govern the France during Nazi occupation) were sung and some "Sigh Heil" were shouted. Indria, the bassist of Peste Noire who is asian, were injured and a priori, Famine seems to be disgusted by the skinheads who was striking in the pogos and doing nazis hail.

for more info [in french] go here. for a short concert review, go here

----

15.07.2007 - 22:35
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Good release by the band .... i enjoyed a bit and i am NOT drunk
16.07.2007 - 15:20
Damnated
Churchburner
heard it again this morning... and i've found it horrible. it's horrible because i can't dismiss the fact, that this band released Macabre Transcendance and La Sanie des siècles, two amazing records.
----

19.07.2007 - 15:09
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
New 2XMC of all four demo's + bonus tracks. Seems to be sold out everywhere at the moment but this happened with the first album. The label seems to take a while to distribute it and so only a few places have it initially. Mine's on the way though.

pic:
----

Read Watchmen.
22.02.2008 - 20:57
NOИ

Peste Noire is always a good band, thanks to Neige. the second album was ok but I heard the first one more.
30.09.2008 - 00:25
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Looking through this thread it seems all I've done is bring news on the band. On that note....

Quote:

OUT NOW THROUGH DEBEMUR MORTI PRODUCTIONS

DMP0045
PESTE NOIRE - Mors Orbis Terrarum
Ltd. Gatefold 2x12" LP

Content information :
The legendary retrospection, betraying an esoteric brand of decadent, oddball Black Metal. A unique reflection; a novel façade; a work of desperate decay. Re-excavated, blasphemic incantations in their purest and rawest form, spiteful, uttered by cruel tongues with a penchant for savage poetry. Awash with infernal, epic grandeur but still essentially raw and organic. Archaic, mournful, harrowing expressions to fill your day with grief and sorrow, whilst you study the colourless, empty terrain.

Additional information :
+ 140gr black records +
+ Printed innersleeves +

http://www.debemur-morti.com
http://shop.mystic-arts.info
----

Read Watchmen.
01.10.2008 - 05:44
mortjoyeux

Written by legion1349 on 11.07.2007 at 23:49

Yeah, Peste Noire's second album really isn't anything special. "La Sanie des siècles - Panégyrique de la dégénérescence" is one of the greatest BM albums to be released in quite some time.

However "Folkfuck Folie" doesn't match the previous album at all. Everything from the vocals and the memorable solos are just not present on this album.

Word, my thoughts exactly."La Sanie des siècles - Panégyrique de la dégénérescence" also has the funnest riffs to play/ Le Mort Joyeux especially.
01.10.2008 - 11:16
TheBigRossowski

I'm glad this post came up! I ordered the 4 package deal from Transcendental Creations and I haven't uploaded the two Peste Noir CDs on my iPod!!!

Good thread, good thread
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
03.10.2008 - 01:34
Mosquiller

The whole album (Folkfuck Folie) seems like some unfunny joke.
vocals have gone to complete shit this time around, the production is garbage, similar to the first full length but worse. The riffing on this album is quite silly, too much emphasis on sounding odd and weird and not enough emphasis on quality.
I aslo have their 2007 - Lorraine Rehearsal (EP), nothing special about it as well.
----
Written by Konrad on 10.12.2009 at 22:41

Hey, if you put your mind to something, you can accomplish it...just don't give up.
01.03.2009 - 21:52
TheBigRossowski

Looks like the hero above me hasn't been on for quite sometime. I didn't quote him though...that's just like those signs at the Zoo. However, as I have been informed, the sign says 'No Feeding the Trolls'.

Last.fm is good in that I see what I haven't listened to in a long time...or at ALL on my iPod. Seeing as how I only spin CDs, I figured it was time to come back to the Peste Noire late last night on duty. What? Security is a boring job, bring an iPod

The first album is sick! I'll have to play that tomorrow as well...and probably for the remainder of the week. That and Folkfuck Folie.

Now for the White Russian..

...fuckin' Darkthrone...motherfuckers...I'm an idiot...fucking green shit...fuck.
----
01.03.2009 - 22:26
Elio
Red Nightmare
Fuck yeah, great black metal is never enough!
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
13.03.2009 - 13:47
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Third PN album should be out soon.
----

Read Watchmen.
03.04.2009 - 02:19
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
New album has leaked/been released/whatever. I personally couldn't care less.
08.04.2009 - 19:41
TheBigRossowski

Written by Guest on 03.04.2009 at 02:19

About the leak...or it's releasal? Could you say how it is. I already have in mind the next few albums I want to buy. However, I think this album can wait.
----
09.04.2009 - 15:56
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by TheBigRossowski on 08.04.2009 at 19:41

About the leak...or it's releasal? Could you say how it is. I already have in mind the next few albums I want to buy. However, I think this album can wait.

I'm afraid I haven't listened to it, I'm not a fan but most say it's quite different from their other stuff. I can't really say how though.
10.04.2009 - 15:27
TheBigRossowski

Written by Guest on 09.04.2009 at 15:56

Written by TheBigRossowski on 08.04.2009 at 19:41

I'm afraid I haven't listened to it, I'm not a fan but most say it's quite different from their other stuff. I can't really say how though.

That is generally the case, isn't it? Musicians get better with time... and some where along the lines they either say 'wow, we're fucking awesome, we don't need to REALLY try any more' or 'we're good, let's take everything up to a different level'.
----
13.04.2009 - 01:02
mortjoyeux

I haven't heard the new release. I've heard both good and horrible things about it.
I'm not too keen on listening for myself though, Famine's the only original member in it now, and Audrey from Amesoeurs joined it.
Winterhalter's not in PN anymore either///WORST.
13.04.2009 - 01:13
Elio
Red Nightmare
Generally the new album is quite interesting, but I really can't tolerate vocals atm. I hope I'll digest them with more listens.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
30.04.2009 - 20:42
Krankheit
Account deleted
The new album reminds me of Folkfuck Folie. But in a better way. Peste Noire is truly a wierd BM band. Anyway I like the new album, still raw and ugly.
04.06.2009 - 21:33
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
The third album has really grown on me, with its original sound and disturbing militaristic motives. I consider it to be amongst the finest in 2009 even. I also think that the female vocals are put to good use, which makes this release completely different from Amesoeurs's full-length where the vocals are simply wasted.
Btw. the part where Famine yells "LALALALA" in the second track is soooo brilliant.
04.06.2009 - 22:14
TheBigRossowski

I'll check it out. I'm having no second thoughts about downloading shit these days, so fuck it. I'm sure it can't be that bad
----