Metal Storm logo
Sodom - Part Ways With Drummer And Guitarist

The new year has started with a change for Sodom: vocalist/bassist Tom Angelripper has split up with guitarist Bernd "Bernemann" Kost and drummer Markus "Makka" Freiwald. Despite of this line-up change, all scheduled Sodom shows will take place from April 2018 as announced. Tom is set to introduce his new comrades-in-arms at the Full Metal Mountain. Whether the band will continue to operate as a trio or perhaps become a quartet in future remains unclear.

"After much thought and reflection I have decided on this difficult step to pave the way for new challenges," explains Tom. " Sodom have always lived off the commitment and passion of everybody involved. Makka was part of the band for almost eight years, Bernemann even for more than twenty. To obviate a possible routine setting in which would make it impossible to continue our creative work optimally, I would like to start all over again with fresh and hungry musicians. At the same time I would like to say thank you to Bernemann and Makka for many successful years in which we performed fantastic shows and released a number of real metal manifestos."

Tom: "I haven't really made up my mind in this respect, I'm open to all options. I will now install the band's new foundation pillars and look around for new musicians. One thing is already clear: Sodom will become even stronger!"

Together with his new line-up, Tom wants to start working on the upcoming album - to be released on Steamhammer/SPV - as soon as possible. Tom: "SPV also look forward to our future collaboration and expect a totally motivated band."

Courtesy of the band

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Sodom
Posted: 05.01.2018 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 131 users
05.01.2018 - 14:17
Kais

Well, ho-ly shit.
05.01.2018 - 16:40
VIG
Account deleted
I don't know why but I am kind of surprised by this. Guess I just didn't see it coming.
05.01.2018 - 19:05
bblitz

Sodom as a quartet? No,please.I like the rawness they
have as a trio like Motorhead,Venom or Raven.
Frank Blackfire would be excellent choice...
05.01.2018 - 19:15
Lokasenna

Written by bblitz on 05.01.2018 at 19:05

I thought Motorhead had a pretty run good as a quartet - Orgasmatron, Rock 'n Roll, 1916, March or Die, and Bastards. (Sacrifice doesn't count because Wurzel supposedly did next to nothing on it)

Oh, and can't forget "Killed By Death".
05.01.2018 - 22:39
nikarg

You've totally read my mind!
05.01.2018 - 23:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Band needs new blood, better quartet 2 guitars can make better sound, because band is stuck in past and whole 90's and generally albums sucks. Few 80's are OK, rest is shit
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.01.2018 - 23:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Sad its 2018 not 2017, because it can be good for regular MS event as MSA nomination, but we all know MSA might be canceled
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.01.2018 - 23:10
nikarg

Written by Bad English on 05.01.2018 at 23:05

Sad its 2018 not 2017, because it can be good for regular MS event as MSA nomination, but we all know MSA might be canceled

Cancelled? Are you kidding?
06.01.2018 - 16:52
bblitz

Written by Lokasenna on 05.01.2018 at 19:15

I thought Motorhead had a pretty run good as a quartet - Orgasmatron, Rock 'n Roll, 1916, March or Die, and Bastards. (Sacrifice doesn't count because Wurzel supposedly did next to nothing on it)

Oh, and can't forget "Killed By Death".

Of course,I love those Motorhead days....
07.01.2018 - 02:36
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by nikarg on 05.01.2018 at 23:10

as usual, running his yap about things he knows nothing about.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.01.2018 - 02:46
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by nikarg on 05.01.2018 at 23:10

But hey, you are the contributor. You should be the one who knows whether it got cancelled or not =p
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
07.01.2018 - 04:38
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Karlabos on 07.01.2018 at 02:46

But hey, you are the contributor. You should be the one who knows whether it got cancelled or not =p

the fact that BE knows this better than anyone involved has probably baffled him
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
07.01.2018 - 11:13
nikarg

Written by Karlabos on 07.01.2018 at 02:46

I know that the MSAs will take place like they do every year I was just wondering why on earth he would write that.

But now...
12.01.2018 - 16:49
WAR

Only time will tell

Hits total: 4166 | This month: 4