1 wants it

01. Molecule
02. Embrace
03. Liquid Sky
04. From Mars To Mercury
05. Lazy Boy And The Temple Of Wonders

Additional info
Label: Stickman Records

Recorded in April 2017 at Nebula Studio.
Recorded, mixed and mastered by Haldor Grunberg - Satanic Audio.

Cover art by Maciej Kamuda.

Guest review by
musclassia
Rating:
From the first few notes of their self-titled album in 2013, Weedpecker announced themselves as instant masters of their particular laid-back, psychedelic-tinged brand of stoner metal, effortlessly drifting between languid, fuzzy, hooky stoner riffs and jam-like psychedelic instrumental meandering to create a real relaxing, mind-opening vibe. 2015's II strayed ever so slightly away from the sound of the debut, with a greater prominence for the progressive side of the band, more extended soft instrumental jams, and perhaps a more airy atmosphere, but retained the slow pace, fuzzy riffs and eerie, echoey vocals, and maintained a level of songwriting remarkably high for a band so early in their career. Now, as the time came to produce the 'difficult third album', the question was whether Weedpecker would stick to the formula that has worked so well for them so far or decide to mix up things up. The answer is surprisingly skewed towards the latter option.

Read more ››
published 24.02.2018 | Comments (1)

Found in 10 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 4   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 107 users
12.01.2018 - 14:26
Rating: 9
musclassia

Definitely my favourite stoner metal band currently active, feel like they've taken a shift towards psychedelic rock and hard rock on here compared to the last one, but they've also mixed up the song structuring into more interesting ways (II was great but could get a tad repetitive structure-wise). Early benchmark for the rest of 2018 to match up to
06.02.2018 - 18:14
Crème fraiche

Written by musclassia on 12.01.2018 at 14:26

Definitely my favourite stoner metal band currently active, feel like they've taken a shift towards psychedelic rock and hard rock on here compared to the last one, but they've also mixed up the song structuring into more interesting ways (II was great but could get a tad repetitive structure-wise). Early benchmark for the rest of 2018 to match up to

Agreed on the slight repetitiveness of II. I wish they kept the vocals from Self-Titled, and some of the metal elements. I am still loving this band but they are starting to sound like an Elder clone.
06.02.2018 - 23:46
musclassia

Written by Crème fraiche on 06.02.2018 at 18:14

Agreed on the slight repetitiveness of II. I wish they kept the vocals from Self-Titled, and some of the metal elements. I am still loving this band but they are starting to sound like an Elder clone.

Oops accidentally pressed post before wirting my comment. Anyway, yeah I've been listening to all 3 albums in the past few days as I was writing a review of this album for MS. The fuzzy heavy stoner metal riffs and the foggy vocals are almost absent apart from on the first song and the end of From Mars To Mercury, which is deifnitely a shame, but I fully enjoy what they've got going on on this album which makes it okay. Wouldn't mind them finding a bit more of a middle ground on the next album incorporating more of the slower tempos and relaxed vibe of the first two records
17.01.2019 - 13:08
JoHn Doe

Awesome album, I enjoyed it a lot. Definitely one of the best 2018 albums I've listened to.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.

Hits total: 2445 | This month: 11