01. Phantom Divine (Shadow Empire) [Instrumental version]
02. RavenLight [Instrumental version]
03. Amnesiac [Instrumental version]
04. Burns To Embrace [Instrumental version]
05. Kevlar Skin [Instrumental version]
06. The Proud And The Broken [Instrumental version]
07. The Last Day Of Sunlight [bonus]

Additional info
Produced by Sascha Paeth, Mastered by Jacob Hansen.
Artwork & cover by Heilemania.

Found in 25 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 41   Visited by: 686 users
02.05.2018 - 11:58
Rating: 6
musclassia

Saw a guy commenting further in the thread that he doesn't like to compare this to other Kamelot albums, given how much they evolve compared to other bands. Yeah, this is just a bland retread of what they've been doing since at least Ghost Opera, maybe even Epica without the pace. The 'don't compare it to past albums' and 'I keep an open mind to a band's evolution' can be valid, but too often just seem to be lazy ways to deflect genuine criticism, such as this album being an unmemorable, uninspired retread of the already-uninspired previous Karevik Kamelot albums, and the more interesting Ghost Opera. This is the epitome of Kamelot-by-numbers, 13 songs and whilst they all sound perfectly adequate, none of them inspired me to listen to it again instead of the wealth of great songs released with Roy Khan in the band, or even compared to the few interesting songs from Silverthorn or Haven, like Angel Of Afterlife or Fallen Star.
11.05.2018 - 00:17
Rating: 5
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Well it seems Roy is coming back with Conception, so... can we forget this album ever happened?
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
18.05.2018 - 20:42
Polaria

Written by FYA on 22.04.2018 at 18:15

Written by Polaria on 11.04.2018 at 19:09

New Seventh Wonder song btw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhubRsr11rk
Tiara is apparently out in October.

THIS.

And a new one, Tiara's Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=Raz0TKEox6A
----
Life is all the pain we endeavour.
22.08.2018 - 06:05
Oracles

Why are they trying to conduct all this weird ass Gothic-poetry in their songs? They used to have the atmosphere in their songs and turned quite epic regardless of who the singer was. Now it's like I am at a hot-topic cafe hearing women in rainbow coloured hair discuss the evil patriarchy.
09.11.2018 - 04:48
Rating: 8
ohmayhem

I don't know, I've been spinning this consistently since it was released and I really like it. Sometimes the ballads area bit tedious, but the heavier tracks are solid; the Proud and the Broken is one of my favorite Kamelot songs in recent years. I won't say it's a masterpiece, but I don't find it boring or repetitive as some have stated.
26.11.2018 - 04:33
Jester828

Best track on the album is Vespertine (My Crimson Bride). True to the band's roots and original style. Could run up a hill listening to it.
09.04.2019 - 10:19
Rating: 5
Aries Rising

This band has hit rock bottom. They really need to take some time off, recharge the creative batteries and rethink Kamelot sonically. They have turned into a working band that just repeats the album-tour cycle just so they can earn a living, such a shame.
01.10.2019 - 17:45
Mountain King
K i K o
Written by Jester828 on 26.11.2018 at 04:33

Best track on the album is Vespertine (My Crimson Bride). True to the band's roots and original style. Could run up a hill listening to it.

Agree but too bad most of the album is not half as good with a few exceptions. I agree with the below comment by "Aries Rising".
01.11.2020 - 20:36
Rating: 8
mikeprado30

Written by ohmayhem on 09.11.2018 at 04:48

I don't know, I've been spinning this consistently since it was released and I really like it. Sometimes the ballads area bit tedious, but the heavier tracks are solid; the Proud and the Broken is one of my favorite Kamelot songs in recent years. I won't say it's a masterpiece, but I don't find it boring or repetitive as some have stated.

The issue with Kamelot is that they have fallen in a confort zone they need to break. The albums released since Poetry And The Poisoned are just good, and they have the talent to do more music like the fantastic Epica, Karma and those ones.
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
28.09.2022 - 18:50
Another album that's just kind of more of the same. Which, if you like Kamelot, I suppose it's good, as you know what to expect. The Proud And The Broken does try to do something more interesting than the rest
14.06.2023 - 11:07
Stunning Cactus

It's bizarre to me how many people can't find a song they like on this album.

Phantom Divine (Shadow Empire) is a carbon copy of a carbon copy ad nauseum; Kamelot has been writing that same song since the Khan days. It's a great song, I don't mind that they keep making it, but it's odd that there are people who don't like it when they probably like at least one of its other carbon copies:

It was Veil of Elysium on Haven,
Sacrimony (Angel of Afterlife) on Silverthorn,
When The Lights Are Down on The Black Halo,
...and Farewell on Epica

Hits total: 14189 | This month: 42