Chrome Division vs I

Poll

I
Chrome Division

Total votes: 43
04.05.2007 - 08:04
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
So its the battle of Black Metallers Motorhead-esque heavy metal side projects.

In this corner we have Chrome Division, slightly softer, with Shagrath of Dimmu Borgir on Guitars, Tony White of Minas Tirith on drums, Eddie Gus of the Carbuerators (A more punkish-rock n roll band) on vocals, as well as Luna from Ashes To Ashes on Bass and Ricky Black on additional guitars (Not sure where Ricky Black comes from). Theyve released the album 'Doomsday Rock N Roll'.

And in this corner we have I, a little closer to black metal. We have Abbath on vocals & guitar, Armagedda on drums (both former Immortal members), Arve Isdal on secondary guitars (of Enslaved) and on Bass we have King Ov Hell (formerly of Gorgoroth). I have released the album 'Between Two Worlds'.

Which of these side projects are better?

Personally I chose Chrome Division. Their new album especially is a lot more punkish than I, which I think is the part that gives them a little edge when trying to get that Motorhead sound.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
04.05.2007 - 16:01
APOHAKC
The Bard
I for me, they are not that good, but they are definetely something new for me. I like several songs from their album while I am not fan of Chrome Division..
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
05.05.2007 - 00:48
Basso
Account deleted
I definitly! I are atleast rather unique... Crome Division are HORRIBLE, no offence....
07.05.2007 - 00:04
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
My vote goes without no doubt to I. I is something new, unique, a new monster of metal.
07.05.2007 - 02:47
Dirt pride
Account deleted
it would have to be I, they are something new.
02.06.2007 - 19:51
Jiri

I kicks Chrome Division's ass! At least they have some talent.
17.06.2007 - 11:36
Blashyrk

I. Chrome Division are great but I simply rules...
18.06.2007 - 00:07
In Chaos

oh that's an easy one, i have never heard anything from chrome division so I is defiantly best. cos i have their album, and it is great. one of my favorite bands.
03.12.2007 - 21:11
stygian

Written by In Chaos on 18.06.2007 at 00:07

oh that's an easy one, i have never heard anything from chrome division so I is defiantly best. cos i have their album, and it is great. one of my favorite bands.

my vote would go to I too, but to say that one is better than the other because youve only heard the better one, sounds like f*cking nonsence to me...
10.12.2007 - 19:20
RockeRoy

You said it! thats stupid to say hehe:banger2: my vote goes to I
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
13.07.2008 - 14:07
Abattoir

Chrome Division for me...definitly
13.07.2008 - 22:10
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
I, they create something new, something fresh...
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
30.07.2008 - 04:29
O Sinistron
Hopeless Sinner
Chrome Division!
Much more Rock N' Roll!
But I is a fucking great band, 'Storm I Ride' rules!
----
Last.fm
02.05.2009 - 06:22
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
Shouldn't both bands involved have atleast 3 or ore albums under their belt before it goes to the "vs" questions. Let them both evolve a bit. My vote is "too soon to tell".
----
02.05.2009 - 07:34
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Ph0eNiX on 02.05.2009 at 06:22

Shouldn't both bands involved have atleast 3 or ore albums under their belt before it goes to the "vs" questions. Let them both evolve a bit. My vote is "too soon to tell".

They're both small side-type projects, I doubt either of them will move past 2 or 3 albums each.
----
- George Carlin
02.05.2009 - 08:30
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
That was kinda my point... Let them become viable as more than just a side project in order to put them up on the "VS" posting. See if it takes on a life of it's own and then compare the lives of the bands and their attributes.

I think we have the same idea rolling here.
----
02.05.2009 - 08:39
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Ph0eNiX on 02.05.2009 at 08:30

That was kinda my point... Let them become viable as more than just a side project in order to put them up on the "VS" posting. See if it takes on a life of it's own and then compare the lives of the bands and their attributes.

I think we have the same idea rolling here.

Not at all actually. What I was saying is that these bands aren't exactly "career bands" to the best of my knowledge. Chrome Division has 1 more album left on their contract and by the looks of the interviews it won't go much past that. The members of I seem to be all quite busy with their own things so I can't see them putting any more albums out any time soon. Its simply an observation of some black metal guys making Motorhead style heavy metal, and comparing them. I didn't think we'd be splitting hairs this much.

These bands have taken on about as much of a life of their own as they're going to, figured the poll would make more sense when they were still fairly relevant bands.
----
- George Carlin
02.05.2009 - 08:50
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
I'm totally not ticked off here. In all honesty I'm not.
Good call on the contractual stuff. I wasn't aware of Chrome Division's deal there and I know I's been busy.

I hear ya on the poll too. I guess I'm comming from a different line of sight and thought on the matter than you are which is cool with me. (The lack of "voice inflection" shows out the wackiest of conversations sometimes. Huh? I totally didn't mean for any of that to roll out this far.)
----
02.05.2009 - 09:12
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Ph0eNiX on 02.05.2009 at 08:50

I'm totally not ticked off here. In all honesty I'm not.
Good call on the contractual stuff. I wasn't aware of Chrome Division's deal there and I know I's been busy.

I hear ya on the poll too. I guess I'm comming from a different line of sight and thought on the matter than you are which is cool with me. (The lack of "voice inflection" shows out the wackiest of conversations sometimes. Huh? I totally didn't mean for any of that to roll out this far.)

I apologize as well if what I typed out came across at all as hostile. If it was looking like either band was going to go further, then waiting probably would have been a good idea. But unfortunately it looks like we'll only be seeing 1 more Chrome Division album and its unlikely to see a new I album soon
----
- George Carlin
02.05.2009 - 09:23
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
IT's cool, you never had anything to apologize for. It's about the metal. That's why we're here. I just didn't want hard feelings to come out of anything. You're all good with me Doc.
----
11.08.2009 - 17:51
Razorback

I,It's simply unique album,almost unreal
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
25.01.2010 - 18:22
JD
Account deleted
Of course "I"
26.06.2010 - 16:30
EzeKyeL

"I" And I hope to hear a new album soon!
----
KeeP ThE MeTaL FaTe AliVe!!!
26.06.2010 - 17:10
Lord_Regnier

Chrome Division, I never heard. (and I won't bother to check it now that I know more or less what to expect)
I, I didn't like at all, which is perfectly normal as I always utterly disliked Motorhead.
We could had recent Darkthrone material to the list (and I deeply dislike it too).
In short, I dislike anything that reminds me of Motorhead.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
28.06.2010 - 01:35
Vndergrovnd

I slays Chrome Division if you ask me. When I listen to I, it takes me back to the old days, yet retains a very modern feeling. A good effort for a superband, but as a major contender against the greatest forces in metal, not quite.