Metal Storm logo
Lamb Of God - Upcoming Album Update

Lamb Of God have set "Sacrament" as the title of their highly anticipated album release, due late Summer 2006 via Epic Records.

The group has been unusually tight lipped about the new recording, turning down all but a select few in-studio and pre-studio interviews. No listening sessions, demo recordings or audio samples have been granted or released.

News from March 2nd notes that the band had once again tapped friend and producer Machine ('Ashes of the Wake') to handle the production duties for "Sacrament".

At that time drummer Chris Adler had the following to say:
"Everyone wants to know what the new material is like or have us compare it to something. It's tough to do because when your proud of something you want to say it's better than something else or that it's more of this or that. I don't want to do that - every Lamb Of God album has been a snapshot in time, a puzzle that spelled out who we are as individual musicians and as a band. They each represent a certain amount of experience and ability - and without saying more, we now have more of both of those than ever. We have continued to raise the bar for ourselves in every aspect of what we do, and we are expecting more of ourselves than ever heading into this. We're looking forward to tracking and releasing this intense and very heavy release."

News surfaced that as of April 11th drummer Chris Adler had finished tracking drums at Spin Recording studios in Long Island City, New York.

All interviews with Chris and his brother Willie Adler were cancelled during the drum tracking session and several more have been cancelled as the band continues tracking guitars and vocals in Richmond, VA.

In the most recent news from the camp guitarist Mark Morton had the following comments on the recording and the material:
"There's an intensity to this project that feels heavier than previous records. The vibe around the sessions has been serious. Not in a conflict sort of way, just more focused and driven than ever before. We know we're onto something. I've done very few interviews over the course of these sessions and everybody wants to know titles and track listings and details like that, but we're not coming off of that kind of stuff just yet. It's too early. This record's way too important to us to allow anyone in until the five of us are in agreement that it's exactly how we want it. It's definitely not a casual approach this time around. We really want this album to have an impact....it feels like it will."

Lamb Of God is scheduled to set out on the Unholy Alliance Tour with Slayer, Children Of Bodom and Mastodon beginning on June 6. The final dates including additional headlining concerts will be announced at http://www.lamb-of-god.com shortly.

Source: lamb-of-god.com
Band profile: Lamb Of God
Posted: 24.05.2006 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 9 users
24.05.2006 - 21:39
danzig111
Account deleted
"Pure American Metal" my ass

they are such hardcore-music-masturbators
24.05.2006 - 22:38
Deucehound
Account deleted
who are your trying to kid, hardcore music masturbators, psst, have you ever listened to hardcore? I'm pretty sure Minor Threat, Gorilla Biscuits, or Agnostic Front don't sound like Lamb of God at all. Even the new stuff they call hardcore shares no resemblance to it.

I can't wait for the new album, it sounds like they really want to blow people away, and I say, "All the power to them".
25.05.2006 - 05:53
IgarTheTerrible
Account deleted
Only album I really enjoyed from them was as the palaces burn....Ashes just felt half-assed to me. And Gospel wasn't as good as Burn the priest. But I might buy this new one if i read some good reviews when its released.
25.05.2006 - 07:08
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I will definitely buy this the day it comes out.
14.06.2006 - 22:04
The Damned
Account deleted
Lamb Of God is a band that started out great with Burn The Priest and has only gotten better with every release... and I believe this will be their best album yet. I will buy Sacrement the day it comes out!
16.06.2006 - 17:55
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
I liked there other albums, although if i listen to them back to back to back then (imo) they kind of sound simular in the songs. I really like the albums separately, but when i listen to them like that its a little off putting ... but if that happens the tiredness of them doesnt last long.

Im looking forward to, to bad (for me) that their keeping a tight lid on it all ... but makes me more anxious to hear something of it.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
14.07.2006 - 07:22
Despised Icon
Account deleted
I like them, ready for the new album.

Hits total: 4795 | This month: 16