Metal Storm logo
New Rating System For Reviews

04.05.2007 - 13:45
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Just to let you know that we have a new rating system for the reviews.

Let me explain it.

In the past, all the different ratings were linked and the final notation was actually an average rating of all those numbers. It wasn't so fair and we decided to change it a bit.

In two words, "Performance", "Songwriting", "Originality", "Production" will be still visible in the reviews but they will not influence anymore the final rating (the BIG important one) of the album.

As an example, now you'll be able to find a "2" for the production, a "6" in the performance (etc) but (God only knows why lol) a "10" for the final rating.

We hope that you'll like the new system!

Jeff, Ivan and the MS Staff
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
04.05.2007 - 14:15
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Great innovation. No more brain damage figuring out what ratings to give to come to the final rating you want as overal impression.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.05.2007 - 19:07
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Exactly, great improvement.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
04.05.2007 - 21:07
Bitch Boy

I submitted a couple of days ago a review, but hasn't received any notification yet. Will this review, if approved, have the new system or still have the old one as I rated it before this new system was created??
05.05.2007 - 04:27
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Thats pretty good I guess, because some terrible albums have great production (like alot of Nu-Metal bands) and some great albums have terrible production...IE Welcome To Hell. But it is nice having the fractioned rating, 6.8 is alot different than 6 or 7 for me....
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
05.05.2007 - 09:20
GT
Coffee!!
Sounds like a great improvement
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
05.05.2007 - 14:26
iaberis
Advice Troll
It's nice that finally this idea comes true. Will it affect the older reviews too or it's just for the new ones?
And can I edit the rate I've given to some older reviews?
----
Bitch! Please
05.05.2007 - 18:49
Warman
Erotic Stains
Yes, I like the new system.
----
06.05.2007 - 08:30
selken
Irreligious
Great improvement, now it's really fair, for example, some debut albums are so good but they suck in production and songwriting....
I guess it was only a change on a PHP single line, maybe two, isn't it
----
06.05.2007 - 12:05
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by selken on 06.05.2007 at 08:30

Great improvement, now it's really fair, for example, some debut albums are so good but they suck in production and songwriting....

No, more like 40-50.
06.05.2007 - 20:01
selken
Irreligious
Written by Ivan on 06.05.2007 at 12:05

Written by selken on 06.05.2007 at 08:30

No, more like 40-50.

(Quoting myself) Oh, that reads like if I were underestimating your job, sorry for that.
Anyway, that change wasn't big deal for you, since you are awesome web designers!!!
----
10.05.2007 - 02:29
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
OK so I just got my new review for WASPs Inside The Electric Circus published (Wink* wink*) and I must say this new rating system is great, I didnt exactly get what you were talking about when you first posted this thread but now that Ive used it I love it, especially how you can choose even fractioned numbers like 6.9 etc.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
12.05.2007 - 17:39
__Az__

yeah, I much prefer the new album, now, the 'smaller, individual' ratings are not what the main rating is based on..

This is so much better, as there can easily be a brilliant produced album that is damn awful!