Metal Storm logo
Phil Campbell vs Fast Eddie (Motörhead)

Poll

Which Motörhead guitarist is your favorite?

"Fast" Eddie Clarke
Phil Campbell

Total votes: 16
06.05.2007 - 04:15
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Fast Eddie (1976 - 1982)

Albums: Motorhead, Overkill, Bomber, On Parole, Ace of Spades, No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith, Iron Fist

Phil Campbell (1984 - now)

Albums: Orgasmatron, Rock n' Roll, 1916, March or Die, Bastards, Sacrifice, Overnight Sensation, Snake Bite Love, We Are Motörhead, Hammered, Inferno, Kiss of Death

-----------------------------------------

After much deliberation, I decided to vote for Fast Eddie. I really enjoy Phil's work, especially on Inferno, but Fast Eddie has come up with riffs so classic that they are stuck in my head constantly. Everyone knows Ace of Spades, but albums such as Overkill and their debut are filled with fun and catchy riffs. Also, Fast Eddie was more consistent than Phil, since some of the Motörhead albums with Phil haven't been too great.

Fast Eddie has a more blues/classic rock style, while Phil Campbell is a little more metal-oriented. Anyone that really knows me understands that I love blues and enjoy listening to blues-influenced metal.

So, what do you think?
06.05.2007 - 04:20
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Im going to vote for Fast Eddie

It was a tough choice because Inferno was an album cram packed with catchy riffs, but as Pyro stated Fast Eddie didnt ever appear on a weak Motorhead album, whereas a few Phil Campbell has participated on have been somewhat forgettable. Another thing I find is that although Phil Campbell has more technical skill Fast Eddie has a far more unique style, songs like 'Fast & Loose' '(I Wont) Pay Your Price' or the immortal 'Ace Of Spades' (which has one of the coolest solos of all time) absolutely dominate most of what Phil has done.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
06.05.2007 - 15:45
APOHAKC
The Bard
Fast Eddie for me. I don't know is he better guitarist than Phil Campbell but I really love his style and attitude. I like his way of preforming solos and playing riffs. He is also very charismatic on stage. They both played on some great albums, personally my favorite Motorhead album is 1916 and I saw now that Phil played on that one. But Fast Eddie played on some legendary albums like Overkill, Ace Of spades, Iron Fist.. As Dr.Rock said this was though choice, but Fast Eddie got my vote this time...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
07.05.2007 - 08:15
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Heres a cool thing to see for this battle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqvN3vbHBCA
----
- George Carlin
14.11.2008 - 12:16
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Another way to look at it would be Fastway vs Persian Risk (A NWOBHM band Campbell was part of), though I think he did quit before they recorded anything. At the moment I'm in the process of hunting down Fast Eddie Clarkes solo album "It Ain't Over Till Its Over", which is going to be interesting considering its the only project hes done everything for. An even harder find would be to track down his first project ever - "Second Coming" with Curits Knight, recorded in 1974.
----
- George Carlin
17.11.2008 - 12:47
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I won't vote, but i just gotta say i love how simple and catchy and badass the main riff to their self titled song is

"rockin' like a parallelogram!" <
24.11.2008 - 10:02
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Valentin B on 17.11.2008 at 12:47

I won't vote, but i just gotta say i love how simple and catchy and badass the main riff to their self titled song is

"rockin' like a parallelogram!" <

"We're moving like a parallelogram"

Funny you should mention that. Apparently its the only major rock song in history to contain the word "parallelogram". God bless stoners.
----
- George Carlin
09.04.2012 - 16:46
Infernal Eternal

I like both but Eddie is unique.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter