01. Steel And Silver
02. Warrior Queen
03. Outlive Them All
04. Hammerforged
05. Traitor's Gate
06. Salt City
07. Blades In The Night
08. The Conqueror's Oath

We here at the Metal Storm, Inc. headquarters delight in searching for the most cutting-edge, experimental, genre-bending and -blending and the most forward-thinking of the forward-thinking bands (don't let the Judas Priest and the Machine Head reviews near this one fool you), but from time to time we just love us some good ol' steel-and-glory heavy metal.

There is absolutely no need to break new grounds when your main priority is leading the charge through the lines of the untrve army. Joining the ranks of the New Wave Of Traditional Heavy Metal along with the likes of Enforcer, Trial and Portrait comes Visigoth, formation unchanged, with their second call to arms, Conqueror's Oath.

Most of the tracks here follow the same formula already established on their debut (and already established by the likes of Manilla Road over 30 years ago) of fast-paced dual-guitar harmonies, solos galore, epic choruses and the like. "Salt City" is their ode to their hometown, but it feels really out of place on the record, being more hard rock-ish, reminiscent of KISS. "Traitor's Gate" and "The Conqueror's Oath" offer a slight change from the formula, being also the album's highlights. These two bring a bit more of a doom-ish feel and more polished songwriting without disposing of the general epic feel.

Performance-wise just as great as its predecessor, the baritone vocals should lift the morale of any disgruntled soldier and the guitar harmonies ride along the cavalry. Songwriting-wise, slight improvement. Everything packed in a sweet, epic, 40-minute ride of trveness.

By steel, saddle your horse, get your shield and sword and ride into battle.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 6
Production: 8

Written on 11.03.2018 by Doesn't matter that much to me if you agree with me, as long as you checked the album out.

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 160 users
12.03.2018 - 13:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Nice rewiew dude, old manila road formula works for new bands, old are getting boring.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.03.2019 - 01:31
RoyBoy432
Dr. Quark
Is "Traitor's Gate" a Judas Priest cover, or a coincidence?

Hits total: 4317 | This month: 17