Metal Storm logo
Crematory - Threaten To End Band After Low CDs, Ticket Sales

German gothic metallers Crematory have called out their "lazy" fans for not buying tickets to the band's upcoming tour in support of the new album, Oblivion, and have threatened to break up unless "metalheads start honoring the value of real music and come back to spending money on artists' physical product."

Drummer Markus Jüllich made the desperate plea: "The end of Crematory? Will Oblivion be the last studio album and the tour in May the final one?

Crematory's new studio album Oblivion will be released on Friday, the 13.4.2018. We were planning to promote the album with a tour, starting at the 27.4.18 and running through all of May in Germany.

That will only happen, have you fans get off your lazy asses and start buying tickets for the announced shows. The presales are horrible and we will cancel the tour completely, if the numbers don't increase radically.

The most important thing is, that you buy our new CD and double vinyl edition, cause when I look at our sales statistics I could start throwing up! Nowadays we are selling way more downloads and streams then we sell the original products, and this will be the death for all bands, cause you hardly get any money from this shit compared to the CD compensation. So as a matter of fact, a band will hardly make enough money to put a good sounding album on the market.

The worst is, that streaming on iTunes, Spotify, Deezer, Napster and all the other bullshit platforms doesn't pay out for the band at all. Our last album Monument had 1,5 million streams and we don't even sell 1% of that in original vinyl or CD products.

This can't go on like this anymore! Its not only Crematory who is suffering from all that, but only we have the balls to stand up and tell you the truth. Wake up you Metalheads and start honoring the value of real music and come back to buying the products. We don't want music just getting wasted and being stored on harddrives, usb-sticks, sd cards in miserable mp3 quality.

We hope you understand how important that is to us. Because of this, we will give you something special with the new album Oblivion, so you think twice before you buy the shitty download or the even worse stream.

Every CD and vinyl LP comes with a 10 ? merchandise voucher, that you can use on our concerts, or in our merchandise-shop at the Crematory website. That makes every CD or LP including the voucher even cheaper than a download and you get a great digipack with booklet, lyrics, pictures and poster.

So, please dear fans, buy CD's and LP's and forget the downloads, cause otherwise there won't be another Crematory album. Don't make Oblivion the final album and give us your support on the tour. Start buying tickets now, so we can have great shows together. Even after 27 years of Crematory we are still hungry to keep going, but all that is in your hands. Believe in you and especially in Crematory!
"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Crematory
Posted: 15.03.2018 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 46   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 271 users
15.03.2018 - 13:49
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
This is the most backhanded plea for support I've ever read. "WE WILL CANCEL THIS TOUR BECAUSE OF GENERAL LACK OF INTEREST AND PRESALES", but at the same time, "Please, dear fans, buy our shit physically, because we somehow still use Napster (?!?) to promote ourselves". Go away Creamatory
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
15.03.2018 - 14:12
BloodTears
ANA-thema
This is stupid.

You can plea all you want and talk about serious issues like dwindling sales and how downloads are taking over physical product sales but you can't insult fans like that.

Maybe there's a reason people aren't buying their stuff, maybe they suck now. From my experience, metal fans are actually the ones who buy more stuff, CDs and merch and try to support bands, even crowdfunding tours and whatnot. Just look at Wintersun's crowfunding campaign last year.

This might bite them in the ass.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
15.03.2018 - 14:25
lemme

"That will only happen, have you fans get off (! ) your lazy asses (!) and start buying tickets for the announced shows."

N1! I think that surely fans do that.

That quote is auto R.I.P. for the band IMO.

Written by BloodTears on 15.03.2018 at 14:12

From my experience, metal fans are actually the ones who buy more stuff, CDs and merch and try to support bands, even crowdfunding tours and whatnot. Just look at Wintersun's crowfunding campaign last year.

Exactly !
15.03.2018 - 14:53
yosterdude

They just annihilated their own band. RIP Crematory, with that attitude we don't need you anyways
----
Stay Br00tal!
15.03.2018 - 15:13
Daniell
_爱情_
What an idiot. Even I had all Crematory CD's and was a diehard fan (I'm not, because I dislike the band), I'd NOT buy this one just to spite him after what he said.

EDIT: Apparently, they gave an apt name to their album, because after this display of duochebaggery they deserve nothing less than oblivion.
15.03.2018 - 15:15
RazMan

This is complete bullshit! I don't recall ever skipping a show because I would be lazy. If I don't find the band good enough to go see live I don't go! As for CD and Vinyl sales, I really would like to buy a physical product. But, I want to touch it before I buy it. That is not possible anymore since there are no record stores. So I will use Spotify when possible, if not I will use Youtube, but most importantly I will go to the shows and I will by shirts and even CD:s there if the music is good enough. This band can go fuck themselves for all I care, never even listened to them but I'm still pissed off by this ignorance!

Napster... LOL!
15.03.2018 - 15:48
SatanicBlood

If I had presales for their show, this display would have sent me back to the box office for a refund.
Fuck this band, and fuck any other band who holds their music hostage blaming the fans for lack of support.
If you can't stay relevant, then don't bitch, fix it if money is more important.
I heard the single Greed when it was released in 2004, the first and only time a Crematory single came by me.
So who's to blame? I didn't hear about this tour, I live in Canada, yet I get news on tours world wide. It would have popped up even on my radar if they hired the right promotion company.
15.03.2018 - 16:14
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
This makes me hope that Oblivion is their last and they break up.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
15.03.2018 - 16:17
Njord
njord
This is not a plea, it's just a suicidal note of a sick band. Good luck trying to recapture the fans (even the hardest ones).
Why not do a farewell tour like everyone's else? Absurd.
15.03.2018 - 16:50
Windrider
Raureif
Holy shit, drama of the year emerging. I get his general point but
1. you shouldn't talk like this
2. if you don't make anything from streams and think they suck (which they do!), THEN DON'T PUT YOUR ALBUM ON FUCKING STREAMING PLATFORMS YOU DIPSHIT. It's not like you have to. Go look for another label if your current one makes streaming mandatory.
3. this can also be applied to downloads in general.
Don't blame fans for chosing a medium that you specifically made available to them yourself
15.03.2018 - 16:52
Jiri

Good riddance.
15.03.2018 - 17:21
Dark Forever
Ruído Sonoro
Well, we do need material for the Drama of the Year 2018 award, right?
----
Taste the DARK...
... and you'll live FOREVER!
15.03.2018 - 18:04
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Dark Forever on 15.03.2018 at 17:21

Well, we do need material for the Drama of the Year 2018 award, right?

this is a serious contender, that's for sure!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
15.03.2018 - 18:14
Zap

Please, by all means, quit.
15.03.2018 - 19:50
Arrwyn

This is absolutely the most cringeworthy statement I've ever heard come from a band. They should feel embarrassed, like seriously.
15.03.2018 - 20:03
MetalManic

So do you think they will be cremated or open casket?
15.03.2018 - 20:21
ScreamingSteelUS
Editor-in-Chief
This combines all my favorite aspects of clickbait, passive-aggressiveness, shady business tactics, self-entitlement, and embarrassing middle-aged metal band drama. Smart move, antagonizing the only people on Earth who even remotely care about your band and have the power to take away what little financial base you do possess. These are the words of a band that looked at Wintersun and thought it was now acceptable to bully the fans and hold their music for ransom until a pile of money fell out of the sky.
----
"Earth is small and I hate it" - Lum Invader

I'm the Agent of Steel.
15.03.2018 - 20:24
bokimaniac

Lars Ulrich anyone?
15.03.2018 - 20:36
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Very tasteless way of convincing fans to support the band. Crematory has been on a downward spiral for more than a decade already and this is the real reason that explains the decline in sales and in fans willing to pay the price of a ticket to see them. The band continued to insult their fans in the comment section of their Facebook posts. I do not know who is behind the Facebook page, if the band administers it directly or not, and I do not know if the words spouted by the drummer are shared by all members, but in cases such as this you need to come up with an apology at least to save face. This is not the 80s or 90s when you could go around insulting fans and get away with it as it was hard to become viral, it is the age of the internet. Such words can ruin your career.

Crematory should think about why sales and supporting is dropping. It is not due to laziness, but their comfort in releasing safe commercial pop metal. Yes, pop metal, this is what you can hear on their last few albums. Calling it proper metal is a travesty. The days of quality gothic metal died 20 years ago.
15.03.2018 - 20:58
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by ScreamingSteelUS on 15.03.2018 at 20:21

This combines all my favorite aspects of clickbait, passive-aggressiveness, shady business tactics, self-entitlement, and embarrassing middle-aged metal band drama. Smart move, antagonizing the only people on Earth who even remotely care about your band and have the power to take away what little financial base you do possess. These are the words of a band that looked at Wintersun and thought it was now acceptable to bully the fans and hold their music for ransom until a pile of money fell out of the sky.

I know right? It's almost too easy in terms of the drama factor ahah

I've been thinking about this though... I wonder if they actually thought this was a smart move to get people to talk about the new album? Bad publicity is still publicity and all. Crazy tactics.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
15.03.2018 - 22:13
cossaisVendeurs

Calling everyone lazy, yet only doing a tour in one fucking country. (Well, with a single date on Slovakia)

Quote:
Every CD and vinyl LP comes with a 10 ? merchandise voucher, that you can use on our concerts, or in our merchandise-shop at the Crematory website. That makes every CD or LP including the voucher even cheaper than a download and you get a great digipack with booklet, lyrics, pictures and poster.

I also hate shit like this. It just bothers me. It's like when a band state that they are selling their 5 song album at £2.50 then say "That's 50p per track!". Just a general irk really
15.03.2018 - 22:18
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Im not even arguing with their arguments...but this is a silly way to spread awareness.
16.03.2018 - 01:12
nikarg

His point about digital formats sounding like shit is more or less correct. However, his band's music sounds like shit regardless the format and this is why no one buys any physical copy. Addressing to your fans using this type of derogatory comments will send you right where you deserve to be (see album title).

The good thing about streaming platforms is that you can actually listen before you buy. The bad thing is that if your music sucks people will not buy.
16.03.2018 - 02:01
sbgmetal

I think imma download their cds just to see what all the fuzz is about lol
16.03.2018 - 09:00
silenius

What a fucking cumguzzler.
16.03.2018 - 10:47
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Every year we get to witness one of the fabulous pick in "Biggest Drama".

No doubt, this will be one of the strongest contender of "Biggest Drama" in next MSA.
16.03.2018 - 11:45
JoHn Doe

Written by sbgmetal on 16.03.2018 at 02:01

I think imma download their cds just to see what all the fuzz is about lol

their 90s albums are fine, other than that I would not dare recommend anything.
I listened to some later day songs, quite bland and the vocals sound annoying to me.
What a lame thing to do, the whole threat thing. No Crematory, the apocalypse will come...
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
16.03.2018 - 12:18
Lanthros

I get what they are saying........ But fuck that and fuck them. Time to move on assholes.
16.03.2018 - 12:36
cobrapel
Concept One
This is because there are thousands of better albums out there, sorry!
16.03.2018 - 16:31
Windrider
Raureif
Written by BloodTears on 15.03.2018 at 20:58

I wonder if they actually thought this was a smart move to get people to talk about the new album? Bad publicity is still publicity and all. Crazy tactics.

I also thought this could be the case. But then again, they released a new song/video today. And hell it's so shitty you won't be able to save this with all the publicity in the world.

Hits total: 6186 | This month: 16