Metal Storm logo
Amorphis - Unveil Lyric Video For New Single

New Amorphis music alert! The Finns have finally debuted the first single off Queen Of Time, their impending new album. The melancholic metallers are about to unleash the record on May 18th via Nuclear Blast. Today, the time has come to present the first taster of their 13th studio album, which will include the use of real strings, flutes, orchestral arrangements and choirs. Check out "The Bee", the opening track, right here. Do you like it?

Guitarist Esa Holopainen commented: "This song is a very powerful opener and gives a nice picture of what the whole album is all about. You can already hear some new elements like choirs and orchestral arrangements in it."

Vocalist Tomi Joutsen added: "Of course, the lyrical inspiration is a bee, also in a metaphoric way. The tiniest thing can sometimes be the most important thing. A bee can bring life or if we destroy all the bees, life will stop here. It's a very beautiful animal, that's why you can find it on the album cover too. The track itself is a kind of progressive and I'm sure that it will surprise some fans in a positive way. We love it!"

The album is now available for pre-order in various formats over here.

Tracks:

01. The Bee
02. Message In The Amber
03. Daughter Of Hate
04. The Golden Elk
05. Wrong Direction
06. Heart Of The Giant
07. We Accursed
08. Grain Of Sand
09. Amongst Stars
10. Pyres On The Coast

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Amorphis
Posted: 23.03.2018 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 20   Visited by: 291 users
23.03.2018 - 17:49
Lanthros

Excellent track. Getting really amped fornthis release.
23.03.2018 - 18:17
musclassia

Yep, I'm sold. I love the Joutsen-Amorphis sound but was slightly worried after The Beginning Of Times that they were in danger of becoming slightly stale, but Circle and UTRC totally removed those doubts. They don't make any great changes to their sound or reinvent their style, but nobody else really sounds like modern Amorphis so I'm more than happy to keep getting more of that sound. Really digging the main melody on this one
23.03.2018 - 18:47
Tuonelan

So glad that the band decided to work with Bogren again. They needed someone to push them out of their comfort zone. Tägtgren started that process, but Bogren fits better with their current sound. Can't wait for this album.
----
Hopepunk living on a grimdark timeline
23.03.2018 - 19:32
Metren
Dreadrealm
I like it. It's not anything amazing, but it sounds like a pretty logical continuation of the previous album's material and the guitars haven't taken a backseat with the addition of choirs and symphonic sounds, which is what I'd feared would happen. Quite excited for this album now.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
23.03.2018 - 20:06
MOIST

Truly can't wait... Great way to excite me.
23.03.2018 - 20:57
Ellinor

Not too shabby at all.
23.03.2018 - 21:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
To much growls, but othervise it would be same as prevoise 5 bands albums,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.03.2018 - 21:32
s_t_s

I stopped listening to them after Tales of a Thousand Lakes something like two decades ago and sometimes I wonder if they deserve being listened to these days. (after checking their bio I can see that I actually stopped after Tuonela). I like the hoarse singing not fan of the clear voice though, hard to make a choice at the moment. Any album I should start with to make a fresh opinion ?
23.03.2018 - 22:02
musclassia

Written by s_t_s on 23.03.2018 at 21:32

I stopped listening to them after Tales of a Thousand Lakes something like two decades ago and sometimes I wonder if they deserve being listened to these days. (after checking their bio I can see that I actually stopped after Tuonela). I like the hoarse singing not fan of the clear voice though, hard to make a choice at the moment. Any album I should start with to make a fresh opinion ?

If you prefer the extreme vocals, I would say Under The Red Cloud is the most extreme-oriented of their Joutsen-era albums; to be honest, they all have a solid mix of both clean and unclean vocals and appropriate music to match, so I'm not sure if any of it will appeal that much if his clean singing puts you off (I'm a huge fan of it). Maybe try Nightbird's Song, Enchanted By The Moon, or Dark Path?
24.03.2018 - 12:59
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Awesome track!
24.03.2018 - 16:28
matt4815162342

Written by musclassia on 23.03.2018 at 22:02

If you prefer the extreme vocals, I would say Under The Red Cloud is the most extreme-oriented of their Joutsen-era albums; to be honest, they all have a solid mix of both clean and unclean vocals and appropriate music to match, so I'm not sure if any of it will appeal that much if his clean singing puts you off (I'm a huge fan of it). Maybe try Nightbird's Song, Enchanted By The Moon, or Dark Path?

You should definitely listen to "Death of a King" from the latest album, Under the Red Cloud. Really heavy and catchy piece.
24.03.2018 - 18:27
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
This song kicks ass! Looking forward to the new album. Amorphis is on a roll! \m/
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
24.03.2018 - 20:04
s_t_s

Will check this out, thanks for the tip !
25.03.2018 - 01:46
MyNameJeff

I really enjoyed this!
25.03.2018 - 15:35
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Love the song, still hate the Album Art though!

Written by s_t_s on 24.03.2018 at 20:04

Will check this out, thanks for the tip !

I would request to add The Four Wise Ones, Majestic Beast and Leaves Scar and to that list! Those are my favorites of their darker, growl heavy tracks. Also check out the Magic & Mayhem album! Its a re-recording album of some of their old songs with Joutsen. Its awesome.
26.03.2018 - 21:31
SonOfOden

Really great song, those vocal parts are fantastic!
----
26.03.2018 - 23:04
Panterica

That was nice! I'm looking forward to the rest of the album
----
Li'ed - Prog-Metal from Jerusalem
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7aZWDrAAvDSLMaSmDSE8zA
https://www.facebook.com/LiedBandMusic
http://lied-band.bandcamp.com/
28.03.2018 - 05:26
Xyanade

Wow seems they are on the "whichever direction they move is correct" streak
28.03.2018 - 13:48
Enissa

Delicious.
15.04.2018 - 04:57
Darkside Momo
Retired
Seems these guys are unable to disappoint!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"

Hits total: 4560 | This month: 6